|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
An amazing location and South Austin cool are yours in this peaceful, zen South Congress cottage.
An updated 1BR with study/office that will easily accommodate a single or a couple, the house has been newly redesigned with a simple, modern sensibility and every comfort in mind, even including complementary Keurig coffees. The cottage also features a large, private, park-like backyard with a freestanding deck that has lounge and dining areas, plus a hammock to lay back in and enjoy the jasmine blossoms.
You could not ask for a more ideal location to experience Austin. Check out the Photos above and the More Details link below, and feel free to contact me with any questions or to book a reservation for this one-of-a-kind Austin accommodation.
- The cottage is literally just steps away from 3 of Bon Appetit magazine's Top 50 New Restaurants (Sway, Elizabeth St. Cafe, and Lenoir), plus 10 of Austin's most popular food trailers, including the original Torchy's Tacos, Holy Cacao, and Gourdough's Gourmet Donuts. Most are within just one block of the cottage, and provide a great way to immerse yourself in Austin's amazing local food scene.
- South Congress, with classic Austin venues like the Continental Club, Jo's Coffee at the Hotel San Jose, Guero's, Home Slice Pizza, and the 24-hour Magnolia Cafe, is a short 5 minute stroll away.
- Downtown, Lady Bird Lake, and the Hike and Bike Trail, with everything they have to offer, are only one mile away, and easily accessible on foot, by bike, or using one of the two bus lines that run right by.
Check out the photos, and feel free to contact me with any questions or to book a reservation for this one-of-a-kind Austin accommodation.
- The rates displayed do not include an additional 15% occupancy tax for stays of less than 30 days.
- The Zen Cottage is licensed by the City of Austin as a short-term rental. License #105150.
Perfect sized house to stay. Everything was super clean and comfortable. Huge backyard with hammock and jasmine. Sitting back there with a couple beers turned out to be the highlight of our Saturday. Great place.
Super cute, everything I needed, appropriate if you wanted to hold meetings there (I didn't), nice backyard, great refuge from the crush of downtown, but super close. Downtown about a 30 minute walk away, or a couple of times, I walked to the corner of 1st and Elizabeth (less than a block) and was able to hail a cab. A stone's throw from a delicious French/Vietnamese cafe, an equally delicious Thai restaurant, and some others I didn't try. Ten minutes' walk from South Congress. Very clean and comfortable.
If you want to stay in Austin ... THIS IS the only place to say . An easy walk into Downtown Austin, and a few minutes walk from all that south congress has to offer. The cottage has everything you could want and is in a very quiet street for restful nights sleep. There is a convenience store just on the corner for any needed essentials , and the BEST Texas BBQ "La Barbecue" is no more than 200 yards away .Edward is the perfect host, and any advice, enquiries, or problems are communicated both quickly and efficiently ... You could ask for no better. This whole experience made my trip to Austin just so much better ... I have experienced true " Southern Hospitality" first hand ... And I will be back .... Thank you Edward
My girlfriend and I recently stayed at the Zen cottage for three nights at the end of October. It was a perfect time to be in Austin; we had great weather especially compared with our home in DC, which was starting to get pretty cold. The Zen Cottage is just as advertised on Home Away. It is very tastefully decorated, has an awesome backyard for morning coffee and lounging, and is perfectly located right near all the food trucks and shops on South 1st St. It's also a hop away from all the shops and eateries on South Congress St. We'd definitely stay here again, and hope to do so next year!
This sweet little cottage is conveniently located just one block from Congress and right across the street from some of the best food in town! It has a beautiful back yard with hammock and comfy lawn furniture.
The owner was kind enough to recommend lots of nearby places to eat and things to do. We took his advice on quite a few and were not disappointed!
I would definitely stay here again. We had a great time in Austin and our little house was such a homey and relaxing place to return to after our day.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
|Refundable damage deposit||$300|
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.