|Minimum Stay||2 - 7 nights|
Stay 2 or more nights through May 17 and get an extra night free. Good for new reservations only. Subject to availability. Call 844-606-8436 to book!
Stay 3 or more nights arriving between May 18- May 28, 2015 and receive an extra night free.
Lakeside Cottage rents weekly on a Saturday to Saturday rotation between June 13- August 28 & with a two-night minimum the rest of the year. p
Enjoy spectacular views along the shores of Lake Michigan at this well appointed newer cottage in Glenn Shores. The bi-level floor plan allows plenty of privacy and room to spread out. Decorated in warm tones and simple furnishings, you will quickly feel at home.
The top main level of the house offers views of the lake from almost every angle. Here you will find a large, open gathering space for all your entertaining and relaxing needs. The recently remodeled kitchen provides plenty of room for multiple cooks as well as space to congregate around the island (2 bar stools). Gather around the dining table which easily accommodates 8 people and room to expand. Comfort abounds in the living room with ample seating for everyone. A great place for conversation around the fireplace or a more mellow evening enjoying a movie on the large flat screen TV mounted above (now equipped for will cable!).
With plenty of bedding options to choose from, Lakeside is sure to accommodate the needs of your group. In addition to a King Bed, the bedroom on the main level has views of the lake! The hall bath offers a walk-in shower. There is also a Queen Sofa Sleeper on this level in the living room. Moving downstairs to the walk-out lower level you will find two more well appointed bedrooms. The larger of the two offers a King Bed as well as a Full Futon. This room has the added benefit of a wood burning fireplace and additional flat screen TV making it a perfect place for a little escape and privacy. Another large bedroom offers a Queen Bed. These two rooms share a full bath with a walk-in shower.
A most attractive feature of Lakeside is all the outdoor amenities. The large deck accessible thru multiple sliders off the main level provides various choices for seating and dining. Stepping down follow the path to a platform perched on the bluff overlooking the beach and lake. Between the house and bluff there is plenty of yard for kids to run around without worry. Warm up your evening with a fire in the fire pit while gazing at the stars and listening to the waves wander in. A large screen porch on the backside of the house is the perfect place to store all your gear for the beach and anything else you want out of the elements.
Glen Shores is a friendly cottage neighborhood that is fun to explore by foot or bike. The association beach stairs are conveniently located just one house over for access to over 1000 of beach and miles to explore on foot in either direction. Alternative means for accessing the beach is provided by the nearby gated road access: no stairs! Located midway between Saugatuck and South Haven, additional shopping, dining and fun are at your fingertips. Combine with Edgewater Beach Cottage or Creekside for larger groups, both just a short walk away.
** Prices are subject to change and do not include taxes and fees.
The house is beautiful — in good condition with nice furnishings, and slept 8 comfortably. And the view is amazing — ideal for watching sunsets over the lake.
That said, there were some issues that did lead to us not having an ideal visit:
• Standard Check-in and Check-out times are very inconvenient — Check-in is at 4PM and check-out is at 10am. Early Check-in/Late Check-Out is available, but for an additional $50 each.
• When we arrived at the house we realized that there were no sheets or pillowcases provided for the futons or pull out couch as detailed. We called the rental office who let us know they'd "try to look in to it" and give us a call back. They never called back, however an hour later a gentleman did deliver clean sheets and pillowcases to us.
• The toilet on the upper floor does not flush well, you must hold the handle down for a long time to get anything to go down.
• All of the "clean" glasses in the cupboards were filthy, with caked/dried on lipstick and even finger prints from the last users. We had to re-wash all dishes before being able to use them.
• And the worst incident occurred on our last morning there. Sewage backed up in to the upper floor shower, WHILE one of the ladies was showering — Covering her feet in sewage and sewer water. It was disgusting. I phoned the emergency phone number for the rental agency and got a voicemail recording. I left a voicemail letting them know what happened, and it was a half hour before the rental office returned our call, letting us know they'd send someone out to check for water damage. A woman arrived about 30-45 minutes later, looked at both bathrooms for water damage, and left, not cleaning anything.
Obviously, things happen that are beyond the rental agencies control, however I feel that how they handle the situation is what counts. Unfortunately the rental agency was not apologetic for sewage backing up in the shower, and seemed more concerned with there being water damage rather than our experience. We enjoyed most of our visit here, but unfortunately the last few hours of it, despite the late check-out, outweigh the good experience. We would not rent with this company again based on how they handled the situation.
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (US Dollar) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
Learn more about this vacation rental at the manager's website: