A private cottage on beautiful Damariscotta Lake, Maine (one of Yankee Magazine's 8 most beautiful, most inviting places to cool off of New England's great lakes; 2013) …relax while listening to the loons.
Renting spring - summer - fall.
* Peaceful 1 bedroom cottage with detached bunk house on Damariscotta Lake water front in Newcastle, Maine.
* Master bedroom with queen bed, pine interior with vaulted ceiling.
* Pullout sofa (double bed) in living room.
* Detached bunk house with twin beds.
* Large wrap-around deck.
* Open concept living room/dining room with large deck on 10 acre wooded lot.
* Large picnic table and grill.
* Well equipped kitchen with refrigerator, electric range, microwave, toaster, and coffee-maker.
* Private well water suitable for drinking.
* Large bathroom with shower.
* Linens/towels are not provided, but available.
* Great swimming off the dock on the property.
* Public boat ramp near.
* Internet/Wi-Fi available.
About the area:
Damariscotta/Newcastle/Pemaquid region offers beaches, boating, fishing, hiking, ocean, lakes touring, theater, shopping and more:
o We are located in Newcastle, a 60-minute drive from the airport (Portland WPA).
o 10-min. drive to town with restaurants and shops on the Damariscotta River.
o 10-min. drive to gym/tennis.
o 30-min. drive to Pemaquid Beach and Light House.
o Two of east coast best beaches within 90-min. drive; Popham and Reid.
o Largest stretch of sandy beaches in Maine's coast.
o Antique Browsing - in many towns and public sales in the area.
o Sailing, fishing and island tours of picturesque Maine villages.
o Close to the beautiful Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens.
o Near great hiking and trail exploration.
o Portland - beautiful sea-side city with professional sport teams, museums, boat tours, restaurants and shopping
o Augusta (our state capital).
o Brunswick -Bowdoin College, Maine State Music Theater, restaurants, and shopping.
o Boothbay Harbor – botanical gardens, theater, restaurants, shopping, boat tours & more.
o Belfast, Rockport, Rockland, & Camden - shopping, museums, hiking, boat tours & more.
o Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park.
What an incredible place you have here on Damariscotta Lake. We enjoyed the sunniest, most relaxing days...bald eagles, osprey, loons...morning kayak to rope swing...coffee and a book on the dock another way to spend a quite morning. Family visitors enjoyed cannonballs off swim raft....wonderful family memories. The accommodations were perfect for sleeping. It made our vacation a real getaway...we are already trying to see how soon we can get back.
As a Maine native, Wilt grew up in Portland, Maine and attended Deering HS. He met Judy at the University of Illinois. After graduating, they both traveled through Wilt's Navy career and corporate America, returning to Maine in 2001. They are happily settled in their home near this cottage and enjoy the pleasure their cottage brings to others.
This Maine lake property is a unique and beautiful spot near the ocean of Mid Coast Maine. This area has been associated with and enjoyed by our family for over 250 years, from the time of the founding of Damariscotta Mills, Maine.
The property provides the serenity of the forest and the tranquility and beauty of the lake. The cottage proximity to local activity and services, as well as easy access to other areas of Maine, allows one the option to explore or just relax.
Damariscotta/Newcastle/Pemaquid region offers some of the most affordable vacation options on the eastern seaboard with recreation, beaches, boating, fishing, hiking, ocean touring, theater, shopping
• We are located in Newcastle, a 60-minute drive from the airport (Portland WPA)
• 10-min. drive to town with restaurants and shops on the Damariscotta River.
• 10-min. drive to gym/tennis
• Largest stretch of sandy beaches in Maine's coast and 30 min. to Pemaquid Beach and Light House
• Two of east coast best beaches within 90-min. drive; Popham and Reid
• Antique Browsing - in many towns and public sales in the area
• Sailing, fishing and island tours of picturesque Maine villages
• Close to the beautiful Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens
• Portland - beautiful sea-side city with professional sport teams, museums, boat tours, restaurants and shopping
• Augusta (our state capital)
• Brunswick -Bowdoin College, Maine State Music Theater, restaurants, and shopping
• Boothbay Harbor – botanical gardens, theater, restaurants, shopping, boat tours & more
• Belfast, Rockport, Rockland, & Camden - shopping, museums, hiking, boat tours & more
• Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park
Based on availability, 10% reduction of rental fee for stay of two weeks or more
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Sep 13 2014 - Oct 18 2014
3 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
Changeover Day: Saturday
7 night minimum stay
|Refundable damage deposit||$500.00|
|Cleaning||$50.00 + Tax|
|$500.00 advance security and reservation deposit to confirm bookings (refundable after check out and cleaning)
Full rental amount due on arrival