|Minimum Stay||7 nights|
Villa Vista Mare is a luxurious ocean-front estate located in the upscale Sabadeco neighborhood on the island of Bonaire. From the moment you enter Villa Vista Mare you get the sense of privacy and tranquility you deserve.
Villa Vista Mare is situated on the calm side of Bonaire’s ocean and is surrounded by a picturesque tropical garden which is frequented by parrots, hummingbirds, mockingbirds and sea eagles.
From the pool and beach enjoy sunsets, green-flash sunsets, dolphins, turtles and the sun sparkling on the water.
Villa Vista Mare has two main living areas, the main house and the gazebo. It is like getting two homes to enjoy. Your biggest challenge will be deciding where to relax!
The large main home has two suites and three additional bedrooms (see accommodation section for more info)
- Master Retreat Suite
- Premier Suite
- Seashell Bedroom
- Library Bedroom
- Garden Bedroom
• The Premier Suite on the upper level has a full kitchen and living room
• Four full bathrooms featuring large walk-in showers and a powder room with toilet
• A fully equipped gourmet kitchen with butler pantry and a commercial range
• An exercise room with yoga mats, free weights and Bowflex gym
• A pool table room with a professional pool table
• A large living room with a comfy sofa, a super-sized flat screen television and a DVD player
• A large bar with wine cooler, ice maker, beverage cooler, pass-through window to the porch bar
• A huge covered porch with a dining table, a game table, and chairs for relaxing
• Scuba gear hanging area and rinse tanks
• Security system
• Safes in the Master Retreat Suite and Premiere Suite
• A propane BBQ grill
A short stroll from the house through the tropical garden brings you to the beach-front Gazebo which features a beautiful infinity edge pool with built-in bar stools, large exposed areas for sunning, and extensive covered sitting areas when you want some shade.
Many guests spend most of their day sitting on a stool in the pool at the negative edge, reading a book and watching the waves gently touch the beach.
The two story Gazebo is steps from the pool, beach and ocean and has everything you need for spending a relaxing day in the pool by the ocean…
• Salt water pool (salt levels about the same as which is in a person’s eyes). No harsh chemicals.
• Pool is about 4.5 feet deep with broad gentle stairs for easy entry. It is deep enough for swimming laps, but stays warm, between 85 and 88 degrees all year.
• The Gazebo has two levels. The upper level has shaded seating and incredible views of the ocean, shore and Klein Bonaire the small island about 2 miles off shore.
• The Gazebo lower level has a kitchen which is fully stocked with plates, flatware, glasses, etc., a stainless steel refrigerator with freezer, a sink, a microwave, a propane BBQ grill, coolers, an outdoor shower, and a bathroom. It has a speaker for a smart phone.
• The Gazebo lower level has dining tables, teak lounge chairs located in many areas, so you can be as close or far away from the rest of your group as you wish.
• Rinse buckets for Scuba gear and places to hang gear and bathing suits.
• Wide gentle stairs that take you from the lower pool deck seating area to the beach.
• Wireless Internet
The beach is on Bonaire’s famous Marine Park which has preserved Bonaire’s reef and fish for over 40 years. The dive sites Andrea I and Andrea II are just south of Villa Vista Mare.
It’s your choice; enjoy lazy afternoons at the pool watching for flamingos, dolphins and pelicans, or snorkel or dive in the incredibly vibrant underwater world.
Accommodation: 5 air conditioned bedrooms
• Master Retreat Suite - Queen size bed, large seating area, and a walk-in closet with a safe. Bathroom has two vanities with sinks, make-up station, roomy walk in shower, bathroom with toilet and bidet. Bonus is an attached exercise room.
• Premier Suite - Queen size bed, full kitchen, living room, bathroom with walk in shower. Located the home’s upper level with a separate private entry from both the street and ocean sides. Walk out to the large upper terrace and you have gorgeous views of the garden and ocean.
• Seashell Bedroom – Queen size bed and full bathroom. Entry from inside the home, and a separate private entry from outside.
• Library bedroom – Option for 2 twin size beds, or a king size bed. Entry from inside the home. No attached bathroom. Has 2 built in desks with granite counters and comfortable Aeron office chairs.
• Garden Bedroom – Full size bed and full bathroom. Attached to the home with separate private entry to the right of the home’s main entry door.
• Direct access to Bonaire Marine Park and very quiet beach
• Tropical garden frequented by parrots, hummingbirds, mocking birds and sea eagles
• Fully furnished and equipped main home, Premiere Suite and Gazebo
• Screens on all windows
• Bedroom air conditioning
• Smart phone speaker docks in each bedroom, living room, beach house
• Flat screen HD televisions with DVD players in each bedroom, living room
• DVD movie library
• Street parking with room for 5 vehicles
• Security system and safes
• Scuba rinse and gear hanging
• Available private chef
• Available Scuba tank delivery
• Greeting by property manager who will show you to your rental vehicle and guide you to our home
• Property manager available 24/7 for questions
• NO hidden charges. Utilities, taxes/fees included in price
• Mid-week cleaning
• Wireless Internet
• Cable TV
• Telephone (local calls)
• On Bonaire’s Marine Park with direct access to Scuba and snorkeling
• 4 miles from Kralendijk, the main town
• 6 miles from the Airport
• Close to popular dive shops, groceries and restaurants
NOTE: We offer discounts based on the number of bedrooms used and quote a total price including all taxes, fees and utilities (no surprises or hidden charges).
5 bedrooms $6,195
4 bedrooms $5,895
3 bedrooms $5,595
2 bedrooms $5,295
1 bedroom $4,995
20% rate increase for 12/15 - 1/3
We travel extensively, but our main home is Villa Vista Mare on Bonaire. We love to open our home to guests who appreciate luxury, privacy and tranquility. When we are on Bonaire you can find us scuba diving, snorkeling, playing tennis and photographing the incredible beauty of Bonaire. We hope you enjoy our home and the island we love, Bonaire.
Owner purchased this villa in 2004
We spent 6 years designing and building our slice of paradise on Bonaire. After traveling to many Caribbean destinations we chose to make Bonaire our home because of the incredibly kind and caring local people, world class scuba, snorkeling and windsurfing, limited rain and no hurricanes, great infrastructure and political stability.
Our home is not the typical vacation rental. It is our primary home, filled with high quality furniture, luxurious amenities and architectural details like solid Mahogany doors and windows, hardwood beams and hand hand-crafted tiles. We designed our dream home so every element would promote stress free living. We hope you feel as at peace here as we do.
Over the top villa!!”
5 of 5 stars
This is the BEST vacation we have had on the island so far. We celebrated our 25th wedding Anniversary as well as both our Birthdays the week we stayed at this Villa. As you might expect there was a lot of planning involved, having two villas filled with family & friends (22 people in all). I worked closely with Scott for well over a year planning this occasion. He helped with everything I was in question about regarding the Villa as well as the island itself. I couldn't have done it with out his help for sure. I cant say enough about Scott and his lovely wife who were able to meet the week before we moved into their home. What a lovely couple and it shows totally in their home and the love they have put into it!!
The pictures don't do it the justice it deserves. Its BEAUTIFUL! Their care taker Marie and the manager Bas were there anytime we needed them. Marie worked our event with such elegance. Some of the little things that arose took just one call to Bas and he was there in five minutes, service beyond anything we expected. The owners came in the week before to make sure everything was perfect. That alone was far beyond anything a we expected. THANK YOU ALL!!!
The view from the pool .. just amazing. They have a outdoor kitchen by the pool that includes refrigerator, gas grill, bathroom and sink. We had our vow renewal in the gazebo on top and reception below with music and dancing, all at sunset.. It was the perfect place !
Just a short walk out the back gate to the sea where we did some day and night diving, also snorkeled from our villa down ten villas to villa Salentine #36 where we had other friends staying. It was a slow drift for about an hour, Just on the snorkeling we saw everything you would hope to see in the ocean. There was a Octopus baby under a dock and a HUGE one out in the open, many peacock flounders and even baby ones, four puffers, one all white and a scorpion fish . I could go on and on.. it was AMAZING to see so much.. Our dives were just as exciting. The lobsters & Octopus at night!!! totally amazing.
If I could buy this place we would be there right now..
We love it.. Best place on the island for sure.
The only thing I would have done differently is
If I had known Villa Lamans was next door,I would have had the other group of 11 rent that one.
Our friends were close but they wanted to be closer. :))
we had 2 young grand kids with us.. they loved it too!!! PERFECT PLACE.
Our first trip to Bonaire and we absolutely loved diving on this island. For our group it was a bit of a splurge to stay in such a large home, but we kept coming back to this rental because of the pool area, and we were not disappointed. The owner is wonderful to work with and everything is done to make your visit easy and comfortable. Loved waking up to the parrots, watching iguanas and lounging in the pool when not diving. Beautiful home, thanks for the great experience scott!
If you have a large group (there were 8 of us) you cannot beat this house to meet your needs for value and luxury.
I would stay here at "Scotts Dream" (this is written on a rock situated in a garden) the next time we come back to Bonaire because of the house and its many many amenities AND for all of the help and wisdom of Scott prior to our trip beginning.
This was our first trip to Bonaire and therefore we needed lots of guidance re: where to go, scooters, chef, car rental, what the house had, things to see, restaurants, etc, etc. Scott responded pleasantly to my many many questions. Thank you Scott.
We scuba dived 3 days (6 dives) while in Bonaire. If you need a great guide, contact Susan Porter, Susan is truly a sweetheart and so so knowledgable. Thank you for 6 great dives Susan.
We snorkelled several times just off of the beach in front of the house. Bonaire is the number 1 dive and snorkel destination, and I have dove from almost every island in the Carribean. The house has fresh water taps, buckets, hanging areas both front and back. Well done Scott, you thought of everything a scuba diver would need.
The house is absolutely gorgeous with so many areas for lounging, cocktails and dining, it was hard for us to choose a favourite area of the property, but I would have to say the Beach House at the pool. It has everything you could possibly imagine to make your stay a breeze, fridge, sink, dishes, BBQ, washroom, outside shower, so many loungers, chairs, umbrellas, etc, etc. I think I saw one lady and her dog go by once per day around 3 PM, thats it!!! So private and peaceful. Ooops, also saw the occasional snorkeler pass by.
Rooms are air-conditioned individually and get the rooms ice cold for sleeping. Main area is not air conditioned but you have the beautiful sea breezes going straight through the house.
Kitchen is FULLY equipped with TOP grade appliances, TOP grade cookware (All Clad) and more dishes and glassware than you could ever use. There is a fine dishwasher too.
We has a chef (Philip) come in one night and prepare a birthday dinner for my wife Bronwyn. All I can say about Philip is WOW, WOW, WOW. If you want an amazing dinner experience contact Philip Joukes, he and his assistant prepared a truly amazing 4 course 5 Star feast. My only complaint is that we didn't book him for more nights, stupid, stupid me. Don't make the same mistake I did.
Book this house, you'll love it!
This beautiful home right on the ocean provided our group the perfect home base from which to explore Bonaire's amazing dive sites!! The owner and property manager were always available to answer any questions we had. The Beach House and pool (separated from the main house by about 50 yds/m) were perfectly located to enjoy a cocktail and watch the sun set!! The dive entry & exit right from the house was a little bit tricky, but the Andrea II site is only a block away, so no worries! You can cook (BBQ) and entertain right at home, or take a quick 10 min drive into Kralendijk for some fine dining at a number of different restaurants!
This was a very comfortable and safe property, and we would love to return someday!!
Ps. As this home is a little ways out of the main town (Kralendijk) we highly suggest calling Div'Ocean to get the daily air tank service; this was recommended to us by the home owner, and worked out perfectly, tanks were delivered promptly at 8:00 am every day (sweet)!!
We usually go somewhere for the holidays, we have often cruised in the Caribbean, and last year our cruise included a stop in Bonaire for the first time and I decided I wanted to know more about that island, right then and there. So I started researching the perfect place for our family, 5 adults. I found Villa Vista Mare and from the first exchange with the owner I thought this was the place for us. And it was. The house itself is not straight on the ocean but the beach house is and we loved that. We enjoyed having our coffees in the tropical gardens, watching the parrots, the lizards and the iguanas; then we moved to the beach house for the rest of the day. There is everything one needs at the beach house but if you have forgotten something the main house is just a few steps away.
Diving is incredible just off the beach, the entrance to the water is a little difficult - it's not white sand beach like at other dive sites, but that's where turtles live. We saw all kinds of fish and the coral is beautiful. Other dive sites are very close as well.
In the afternoon, cocktail in the infinity pool watching the sunset.
The house is beautiful, the kitchen is fully equipped, beds are comfortable. It's located close to town where we had many very good meals.
Such a great experience, we have already booked our next stay.
I have been to Bonaire numerous times over the past 11 years. I wanted to bring my girlfriend to Bonaire so we booked a trip with my sister and her fiancée.
We all stayed at Villa Vista Mare and truly enjoyed every moment of our time there! I have travelled and/or lived on many islands and my girlfriend grew up on an island so we understand island life and Bonaire offers a lot to do or nothing to do ~ your choice. We drove around the entire island and saw the donkeys and goats that roam the island and ate at many of the excellent restaurants including local, Italian and French cuisine.
Villa Vista Mare is a spectacular property that offers every amenity you could think of. The house is nicely furnished and each bedroom is a private space with its own bathroom. The bedrooms include air conditioners and ceiling fans as well as a flat screen TV and DVD player
While we ate out, we did some cooking in the kitchen which has a commercial stainless steel range and also took advantage of the two grills (one by the house and one poolside).
The pool house/gazebo is the perfect place to hang out for the day. We felt like we were at our own private resort with a beautiful salt water pool, lounge chairs, umbrellas, outdoor shower, refrigerator for food and coolers to keep our Amstel Bright and soda pop nice and cold!
We will definitely be back to Villa Vista Mare and highly recommend it to anyone considering renting a house on Bonaire.
Villa Vista Mare is located in upscale, quiet Sabadeco Bonaire. The ocean-side location has easy direct access to the beach and is on Bonaire Marine Park's Andrea site. Incredible marine life starts right off shore. Since our home is on the west coast, the ocean is usually very calm and great for easy snorkeling. Parrots are often seen in our yard, iguanas wander by, pelicans patrol, and sea eagles often perch between our home and the ocean. Sunsets are spectacular. Our home is in a very private and quiet location.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
We provide a discount for each bedroom not used.
Total Weekly Rate Including All Taxes, Fees, Utilities. NO HIDDEN CHARGES.
5 bedrooms $6,195
4 bedrooms $5,895
3 bedrooms $5,595
2 bedrooms $5,295
1 bedroom $4,995
2 cots w/mattresses are available. Cost of $150 per wk/cot covers setup/laundry.
20% rate increase from December 15th through January 3rd.
20% higher rates between 12/15 and 1/3