It felt just like home except it was more beautiful
Submitted: April 22, 2013
Stayed: January 2013
My wife and i stayed at this beautiful home right on Lake Pinehurst for three months from January 15 to April 15. According to locals it was the worst winter in some twenty years. Well, if this was worst winter it was still great. There is always a lot of sunshine in this part of North Carolina. Virtually every day you can do something outside from golfing, hiking, running, photography, etc. (I found a great route to run right around Lake Pinehurst).
1. The house is beautiful with great views of the Lake from the master bedroom, family room/kitchen, living room and another bedroom. The split floor plan is great for guests. We had two married children there spouses and two grand children for a visit. We had a great week with them. The house is fully furnished and it does not look or feel like a rental.
2. Linda, the owner, is very friendly and helped out whenever we asked about something. She is a great landlord.
3. If you love golf there are great courses and you can play very inexpensively during this time of year. You can book tee times on golfnow.com for as little as $16 for 18 holes including cart. Two golf course Foxfire and Whispering Pines with 72 holes between them have $25 green fees with cart all year if you buy one of their cards, which in effect is free. Just call either course and ask for their card.
4. My wife took quilting courses at Linderellas Quilting shop in Southern Pines.
5. We went to the Roosters Wife Club in Aberdeen on Sunday nights to listen to outstanding Bluegrass/Country musicians from all over the US for $15 to $20 admission.
6. There is great shopping nearby from outlet stores to big box stores. Fabulous restaurants, art galleries, pottery, etc.are all nearby.
It is a charming place to visit and staying in such a beautiful home in this wonderful setting just makes being here that much more special. We have already booked for next year. We can't wait to get back there.
Families with Teenagers,
Families with Young Children,
Did you find this review helpful?