Lakeside House Rental Photos and Description
4 bedrooms, 3.5 bathrooms, sleeps 8
Spacious 3,700 square foot resort-style country home on 5 acres, adjacent to miles of open space. Enjoy stunning mountain views while hot tubing from your large deck, or retreat to the private and secluded back yard pool area, with three waterfalls and a large resort style rock hot tub, hammock and outdoor grill. Inside other amenities await, including a gym, sauna, pool table, large screen TV, and 3 fireplaces, all set in a blend of southwestern and native american decor. While you may feel miles away from the bustling San Diego, you are only 40 minutes away from downtown and the beach, including major attractions such as Balboa Park, San Diego Zoo, and Sea World. Other nearby attractions include endless hiking trails, a lake with fishing and boating (about 3 miles away), horse back riding, and more.
Enjoy your master bedroom suite (the only room on the second floor) where you have your own private mountain and pond view balcony, fireplace, skylights, and waterfall shower. The downstairs bedrooms are dual rooms with a connecting bathroom (dorm style). There is also a full bath in the gym, and an outdoor shower on the deck.
Local wildlife includes: Red tailed hawks, Golden Eagles, Owls, Osprey, Coyotes, Road-runners, Wild Turkey, and many others! If you are REALLY lucky you may spot a Bobcat drinking from the pond.
This home is a very special place and we have put lots of TLC into making this a welcoming retreat for travellers and for wildlife. However, we want to make sure it is right for YOU! Please review the following advisories.
1) Please note that to get to the house you must travel about a mile down a bumpy dirt road. Standard vehicles are just fine.. just a wee bit bumpy. May not want to bring your low clearance sports car.
2) There is weekly pool and yard maintenance which will be scheduled. Weekly cleaning is also available and will be arranged with you in advance. We will let you know the times so it will not impact your privacy.
3) The sounds of frogs and crickets may keep you awake at night. :)
4) The sunset against El Cap Mountain may take your breath away.
5) The night sky may remind you how small and insignificant we all are, or how incredible it is that we are at all.
Please let us know if you have any questions. We look forward to enchant you with our home and valley.
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- pets considered
Why Laura Cyphert chose Lakeside
This property is a labor of love; built as our 'dream home' in 2005 after losing everything in a devastating fire in 2003. It has everything we dreamed of having; tall open ceilings, spacious floor plan, and all the amenities we could dream of. After living in this home for many years, we decided that the 3,700 square foot home was too big for just two people, and we knew the house was a perfect family vacation home. We have LOVED providing this home as a family vacation rental, and now split our time between this house and our other home, and have the best of both worlds.
What makes this house unique
Our home is extremely private and feels tucked away from the rest of the world, yet you are just a few miles from a bustling town, and a short drive to one of the largest cities in California. Enjoy complete privacy poolside with no other homes visible, and enjoy the wildlife that comes to the front yard pond. This is truly a unique location.