Villa Siesta has everything for a fabulous vacation get away. Your private 2100 square foot villa directly on Florida's Intracoastal Waterway. Amazing boat traffic ALL DAY LONG, passing UP CLOSE through the 'No Wake Zone' from our screened patio just 35 feet from our private dock.
Please NOTE our MINIMUM STAY (1 month in season, 2 weeks off season except last minute reservations, if available)
Villa Siesta is located in Polynesian Gardens on Midnight Pass Road just north of the Stickney Point Bridge to Siesta Key. It's within walking distance to the bridge area shops, restaurants and amenities and a short drive to Siesta Key's famous Crescent Beach, rated the #1 beach by 'Dr. Beach'! We are a close to the quaint Siesta Key Village with shopping, resturants, bars and night life. Villa Siesta has easy on/off access to the mainland from Siesta Key, a real plus in season.
Villa Siesta has been completely updated with all new bathrooms, flooring, top-end kitchen and is ready for your stay 2 weeks a month or more. We have many regulars who come back every year but are looking a a few qualified individuals to fill in our calendar. Once you stay at Villa Siesta, we are sure you can't wait to get back. Of course, we use it some ourselves (thats why we biught it!) so we always block off a few times during the year for our stays when we come down to gat a break from my medical practice and soak up the Florida lifestyle and Sarasota's culture and activities. .
The following is a little background and description about our villa:
My wife and I grew up in Florida and after our careers took us inland (and north) we longed for a place back in the Sunshine State. We finally purchased 'Villa Siesta' in 2000 after many years of searching and staying all over Florida on both the east and west coasts. While we loved the beach, we eventually realized that other elements were more important to us for the complete package/ambiance that we really wanted. We had tired of peering out into dark emptiness of the Gulf or Ocean at night and spending only a limited time baking on the beach. Our search turned out to go on for several years for just the 'right' place. We finally decided that an Intracoastal property up close to the main channel with a wider bay view was the place to be. One day, despite threatening weather, we decided to rent a boat from CB's Marina and take a boat ride not really looking for property that day. It started to pour so we headed back to CB's and came across our prized jewel with a 'For Sale' sign on the dock. We wrote the agent's number down and hurried back soaked to CB's. The next day we called Judy Areola, the agent, who showed us the villa on short notice that day and we made our offer on the spot (full price, taking no chances that someone else would beat us to it). With waterside dining from the private dock, fishing and boating opportunities and the beach and pool right at hand and the villa all on one level, our search was over. We promptly named it 'Villa Siesta' and began an ongoing process of upgrading it with brick patios, landscaping and interior improvements and of course our dock, the center stage for all that's happening on the Intracoastal Waterway.
Since then, we've appointed 'Villa Siesta' in a luxurious but comfortable fashion.
* It has a huge master bedroom with private bath and walk-in closet
* A large second bedroom with a very large closet
* A separate den/TV-room/3rd bedroom with a queen sleeper for grandkids or guests
* Two full baths, completely refurbished in the highest manner with granite, marble, stone, Italian tile and custom cabinetry.
* A large Living room with full media, large Flat Screen TV, DVR, DVD Stereo Ipod dock
* Separate dining room
* A large fully equipped gourmet kitchen (Flash: We have now completely remodeled our kitchen down to the bare walls and ceiling with all new appliances, high end cabinets and granite countertops; it’s beautiful!)
* Screen porch with cast aluminum furniture dining table and cahira and lounge
* all electronics including a home office workstation with full time high speed internet service, fax-scanner-printer (just bring your laptop)
* Private brick patios with more outdoor lounges and chairs for sunning, reading, eating
* A Private Dock with table and chairs for watching all the wildlife and boat traffic and waterside dining
* A new fully enclosed garage for 2 cars.
'Villa Siesta's' decor is upscale, tasteful, comfortable, and like new. Our location is irreplaceable and the view can't be duplicated for less than a million dollars! We knew that the only way we could afford it would be to let it be leased for when we're not using it so we now offer to share it with you. We are certain that your expectations will be exceeded once you experience it.
Visit our website for Villa Siesta at: www.VillaSiesta.net
Hope to have you come stay with us soon.
Bob & Beryle Slayden, owners Villa Siesta