Father/Son Retreat in Secluded Luxury
2 dads, 4 sons completed our 2nd annual retreat from the east coast to the ID/MT/WY area. Fantastic time, start to finish. It's not pretty seeing grown men getting wistful as they leave.
-Drake is super responsive and easy to work with
- the house (which I'll get to in a minute) is in easy driving distance from tons of stuff. We spent time ATV'ing in nearby sand dunes, hiking trails in Warm River Springs, doing a clay shoot, visiting Upper Mesa Falls and Harriman Park...with barely needing to refuel.
- the river outside is among the best for trout fishing in the country. Wade, float, cast from the shore -- whatever. Only note that the river is not exactly out the back door. You have to walk down a road. It'll be awesome if/when Drake & co. build a proper path from the house.
- The drive to Yellowstone is lit up by snow capped mountains in both directions and worth stopping along the way.
- Now, the house. It's like they built it with scalpels, the attention to detail is so thoughtful. High ceilings, stone fireplace, chef's kitchen, giant windows with river views, wrap around deck, etc etc. Rustic luxury without being cheesy. There's a hot tub too, though it'd be better if it was situated facing the river. We cooked and built fires every night, before reluctantly passing out from exhaustion.
- Wildlife abounds, eg moose crossing the river outside the house and munching shrubbery right in front of us. At Yellowstone, we saw grey wolves, a black bear, elk, and endless bison. Getting wistful again.
Anyway we're eager to return and happy to recommend it to others. A gem that'll only get better.
Families with Teenagers,
Families with Young Children,
Did you find this review helpful?