Newly remodeled, immaculate cottage in the Willard Beach neighborhood of South Portland. Modern updates mixed with Maine charm make this vacation rental a great choice for your Maine getaway. Just a short 5 minute walk to Willard Beach provides portage for kayaks, nearly a mile of walkable beach and a play area for children. The Portland Head Light, one of Travel and Leisure's top ten best places to visit in the US, is a quick 1 mile trip down beautiful Shore Road. The two bedroom cottage includes a master with a queen size memory foam bed and a second bedroom with two twin beds. A sofa sleeper brings the house capacity to six. Bed and bath linens (including beach towels) are supplied in the rental. A full kitchen including all dishes, cookware and a microwave oven is provided. Yes, there is a lobster pot. They are mandatory in Maine! The walk out basement has great storage for skis, snowshoes and other outdoor equipment. We have put together a book of detailed information about the area and our favorite spots. These gems might otherwise go unnoticed when you are new to the area. Enjoy the morning sun and a cup of coffee on the front porch or relax in the adirondack chairs in the back yard.
The yard is large enough for a volleyball game and to keep your kayaks. A covered bicycle area is also available.
- Willard Beach (5 minute walk) has views of the islands surrounding Casco Bay and the Spring Point Light. Kayak and canoe portage, a playground and protected waters make this a great beach for family fun.
- Discover the many restaurants, galleries and eclectic shops in the Old Port district of Portland (8 min drive). Visit the working harbor and have lunch at Becky's Diner on Hobson's Wharf.
- The Pilot House is a great starting point to check out the fall colors. Take a short trip into the foothills to visit local orchards for fresh cider and apples. Just 2 miles away is the Robinson Woods where you can walk through the forest on the local greenbelt to the changing leaves.
- Scarborough Marsh is Maine's largest saltwater marsh, great for birding and kayaking (15 minutes drive).
- Six lighthouses are within 10 minutes drive (one by boat) of the house, including the Portland Head Light. Take a picnic and walk out on the 900 foot stone jetty to the base of the Spring Point Light.
- You never have to leave the neighborhood to find anything you might want. There are 2 fabulous bakeries, fine dining, 2 ice cream shops, specialty shops and a convenience store all within walking distance.
- Enjoy surfing at Higgins Beach (15 minutes drive) or check out the local surfboard shop in the Willard Beach neighborhood.
- Funtown Splashtown waterpark (30 minutes drive) is the largest waterpark in the Northeast near Old Orchard Beach.
- LL Bean and the shops of Freeport (25 minutes drive) have everything you might want from the Gap outlet to one of a kind shops on Main Street.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
|Notes||$145/night - $195/night
$900 - $1200per week
Minumum 2 night stay
Inquire for extended stay rates
Winter Rentals rates are available upon request