: Portland Jetport
: Casco Bay Lines Ferry
: The Downeaster Amtrak
: Willard Beach
: Shawnee Peak
: South Portland Municipal Golf Course
: Pom's Thai Taste
- Willard Beach (5 minute walk) has views of the islands surrounding Casco Bay and the Spring Point Light. Kayak and canoe portage, a playground and protected waters make this a great beach for family fun.
- Discover the many restaurants, galleries and eclectic shops in the Old Port district of Portland (8 min drive). Visit the working harbor and have lunch at Becky's Diner on Hobson's Wharf.
- The Pilot House is a great starting point to check out the fall colors. Take a short trip into the foothills to visit local orchards for fresh cider and apples. Just 2 miles away is the Robinson Woods where you can walk through the forest on the local greenbelt to the changing leaves.
- Scarborough Marsh is Maine's largest saltwater marsh, great for birding and kayaking (15 minutes drive).
- Six lighthouses are within 10 minutes drive (one by boat) of the house, including the Portland Head Light. Take a picnic and walk out on the 900 foot stone jetty to the base of the Spring Point Light.
- You never have to leave the neighborhood to find anything you might want. There are 2 fabulous bakeries, fine dining, 2 ice cream shops, specialty shops and a convenience store all within walking distance.
- Enjoy surfing at Higgins Beach (15 minutes drive) or check out the local surfboard shop in the Willard Beach neighborhood.
- Funtown Splashtown waterpark (30 minutes drive) is the largest waterpark in the Northeast near Old Orchard Beach.
- LL Bean and the shops of Freeport (25 minutes drive) have everything you might want from the Gap outlet to one of a kind shops on Main Street.