Nestled at the foot of Mohonk Mountain, this quiet charming country cottage with modern amenities has two large bedrooms, 1 full bath and a powder room. The kitchen is open to the dinning area and fully equipped. A large deck with a gas grill allows for al fresco dining. The living room is comfortable and has A/C, cable TV, DVD player and WIFI.
Sleeps 4 adults with both bedrooms having A/Cs. Bedroom 1 can be configured as a king-bed or two twins, bedroom 2 has two twin beds and double futon sofa bed.
Neighborhood includes excellent spas, yoga schools, hiking, climbing, swimming, wineries, antiquing, art galleries, farms, horse riding, world-class cooking school, preserves and state parks and excellent restaurants.
Our vacation rental is only 80 minutes drive from Manhattan, 14 miles from Poughkeepsie Metro North, or 4 miles from Trailways bus station in New Paltz, making it an ideal base for your central Hudson Valley vacation.
Only 4 miles outside of New Paltz and located in the Shawangunk Mountains this country cottage is the perfect weekend getaway.
Favorite hikes include the West Trapps to watch the climbers, or a short leisurely stroll to Duck Pond. Minniwaska offers excellent hikes and mountain biking. Both lakes in Minniwaska have swimming areas with lifeguards during the summer months. Split Rock in Mohonk is a swimming hole with a waterfall - for those brave enough for the icy mountain waters.
The area also has two first class Spas - Mohonk Mountain House and Buttermilk Spa. There are also numerous yoga schools and wellness centers.
New Paltz is a college town so the food choices are numerous and excellent. Mexicali Blue has the best mexican food, the Village Team Room and Harvest Cafe have excellent American cuisine. Karma Road offers vegan choices while at the other end of the spectrum Mountain Brauhaus serves German cuisine with excellent German beer.
Nearby towns also have a lot to offer. High Falls is a quaint hamlet, and the High Falls Cafe has great food and music. Gardiner is the center of the local wine industry and also has skydiving. Rosendale has a selection of shops, bars and restaurants. Slightly further is Newburgh which hosts Storm King and across the river is Beacon where DIA is located. Woodstock, Hudson, Saugerties (HIT) are also in the general area.
For rainy days there are plenty of indoor activies for the kids, bowling, roller skating, ice skating, indoor climbing, cooking classes to name but a few.
The number of things to do in and around New Paltz are too numerous to mention, an information packet with a complete list of activities is available for your stay.
Nearby attractions include:
* Mohonk Preserve ( 1 mile). Great for climbing, mountain biking, swimming, hiking, x-country skiing.
* Hudson Valley wine trail wineries.
* Mohonk Mountain House (2 miles). Hiking, restaurant, x-country skiing, Spa.
* Minniwaska (8 miles). Great for mountain biking, swimming, hiking x-country skiing.
* New Paltz (4 miles). Excellent restaurants, bars, shopping and Yoga. Movie theatre and two open air swimming pools.
* Plenty of family friendly farms for fruit picking and child centered activities.
* Nearby hamlets include: High Falls, Gardiner, Highland for wineries, horse riding, Walkway Over the Hudson (Highland) and sky diving (Gardiner).
* Woodstock, Saugerties, Hudson, Beacon (DIA, Storm King) an easy drive.
* Culinary Institute of America. The CIA has award winning restaurants and excellent recreational cooking classes
* Historical sites such as FDR’s Springwood estate, Vanderbilt Mansion.
* Vassar College, Bard College, Suny New Paltz, Marist College
* Belleayre Mountain for skiing.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event||Minimum Stay|
Feb 1 2014 - Apr 30 2014
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (US Dollar) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.