Enjoy your vacation at our lovingly restored Lake Front Turn of the Century Victorian Cottage on idyllic Silver Lake
The Finger Lakes are comprised of 10 lakes, if there were 11; Silver Lake would be the extra pinkie on the Western End
Silver Lake is nestled in the rolling hills of Wyoming County, NY. The lake is 4 miles long, a mile wide and known for good fishing so don’t forget your poles
This cottage boasts 3 covered porches, plenty of outdoor dining and seating along with indoor & outdoor fireplaces
At Days end enjoy your favorite beverage watching the incredible Sunsets…no two are alike
An old fashion vacation with a step back in time
Although built around 1900, the home has been extensively rebuilt and restored, including all new bathrooms, kitchen, bar-room, 3 porches, indoor & outdoor fireplaces and refinished floors throughout.
A trully unique part of the ‘east’ side of the lake is the right of way 2+ mile walkway between the houses and lake, which until 40+ years ago had been a narrow guage railroad. This walkway takes you along the lake to the Silver Lake Institute, while getting to know the neighbors and and enjoying family time exercise.
Relax with an evening fire at one of the 2 fireplaces or with a bonfire lakeside with the portable firepit, with plenty of wood.
Hope you like music, there is a great stereo on the 1st floor with 5 sets of speaker (3 outdoor), extensive (oldies) CD library and hookup for your ipod, iphone, ipad or other MP3 player. Additional surround sound system on 3rd floor.
All the bedrooms boast ceiling fans, along with the living room and bar room.
The ‘7th’ bedroom is actually the 3rd floor of the house we fondly refer to as: The Orphanage (also known as: Crow’s Nest, Adam’s Attic or Astro Lounge) Has 4 distinct areas, main room with large ‘L’ shaped couch and other seating, bed area with 4 'full size' beds creating a camp like setting, additional sitting area over looking the lake with large couch and 4 other chairs, and finally a full size bath. This area is a favorite with the kids (and sometimes the guys) to get away and enjoy the views and their own surround sound stereo.
We have renovated to be very family oriented, with the bedrooms, orphange, flow, porches, etc.. Until our renting this year, we also did not have a TV or internet (it's does now), and spent time catching up with family with games, music and enjoying what the house, community and area has to offer. It's been over 10 years and we have not tired of it, and is still a favorite for our families to gather, and hope it becomes one for your family too.
Dogs &/or cats must first discuss with owners, and if agreed there is a $50 fee per pet.
Other Area Activities:
• Letchworth State Park – The Grand Canyon of the East: hiking, rafting, 3 gorgeous falls, Museum, Glen Iris Inn - 5 miles
• Golf at the Silver Lake Country Club - 2 miles
+ 3-4 bags of clubs available. Age is about as old as the house. Bring your favorite clubs to compliment.
• Charcoal Corral / DRIVE IN Theater – featuring: 2 screens, Old Fashioned Ice Cream Parlor, Arcade, Pizzeria, Miniature Golf, Antique car shows & much more – 2 miles
• Antiquing - many towns in the area
• Silver Lake Institute – Historical area with Victorian homes – 1 mile
• Y-Camp Day Camp or Sleepover Camp for the kids – 2 miles
• Biking (2 bikes available)
• Camp Asbury - Methodist camp – 1 mile
• Games – Board Games Galore Yard Games: Baggo , Croquet, Ladder Ball
• Great Fishing - Licenses available at Walmart in nearby Warsaw
* Niagra Falls - 60 miles
* Erie Canal - 30 miles
* Jello Museum - 20 miles
* Attica - drop the bad ones off for an overnight visit - 20 miles
* Wyoming County Country Fair - Tractor pulls, rides, etc.. Mid August - 15 miles
• Perry Speedway Car Racing - 3 miles
• Boating: 2 canoes, rowboat, kayak and sunfish available.
+ Power boat rentals at Silver Lake Marina or Mac’s Bait & Tackle