Great beach location, awesome rooftop patio... just right for our stay!
Submitted: June 29, 2012
Stayed: June 2012
My wife and I just sayed here for a week celebrating our 20th anniversary and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. I scoured VRBO.com to find the best place I could for the money in the San Diego area (preferably near the beach) and landed on this one. For us, a beach front location was one of our top priorities and this one was great. The unit is on the upstairs backside of a multi-dwelling beachfront house with the special gem of having its own private rooftop patio (~12x40?) with an incredible view all the way up & down the coastline. This sold me on renting it and was the highlight of the unit for us.
- Location, location, location! This absolutely met our desire of being close to the ocean. It's at the end of a dead end street so there was no "thru traffic". It was also fun being right in front of a top surfing spot along Mission & Pacific Beaches.
- Rooftop patio. This was amazing! We spent time up there at least part of every day. We watched the waves roll in, listened to the surf, watched the surfers & sunsets.
- Sue (the owner) was very kind & welcoming. Her living on the property afforded us the access to her if we had any issues (had none) or questions. She even met us upon our arrival which ended up being almost midnight.
- Many extras! Included with the unit were a pair of nice bikes with helmets, boogie boards, beach chairs, and beach umbrellas. We could have paid more to rent these but it was great having them included!
- The unit overall. Overall, the unit is very modern & updated. It has a great kitchen, a flat screen TV in the living room and the bedroom, a nicely updated bathroom with a very large shower, a soft queen bed in the master, good wifi, and a washer/dryer (with detergent!). There is a computer in the unit that I used just print off our boarding passes.
Let me preface this section by saying that none of these were show stoppers. None of these would have prevented us from choosing this location.
- The one thing that stood out to me in the VRBO pictures was the living room furniture. The yellow sofa and blue chairs looked old & outdated... like from my grandma's house. They didn't seem to match the rest of the unit's updated characteristics, but worked fine.
- No dishwasher, but no biggie to wash by hand.
- Would have been nice to have a shade umbrella on the rooftop patio.
- There are some power lines obstructing the sunset view.
Overall, 4 stars out of 5! Would have done 4.5 if that was an option! We'd love to come back!
Tourists without a Car,
Helpful votes: 3/3
Did you find this review helpful?