Modern vacation living in a lakeside setting
Submitted: May 30, 2012
Stayed: May 2012
The booking/researching process was very smooth wherein the owners -Paul and Monica were very upfront with all the required info. But, when we arrived, it was a complete shocker since whatever they said was true and more.
1) New house, solidly built
2) COMPLETELY stocked with everything that you need to stay in a house
3) Modern kitchen and bathroom, TV with cable and netflix, DVDs etc
4) Canoe & Kayaks (2) with PFD, Skis, snow shoes, hammock, propane grill etc
5) Canoe/Kayak landing (Lake Algonquin) around 75 metres away
5) 1 hour drive to Lake George and Lake Luzerne
6) Close to boat landing on Lake Sacandaga.
We were also completed on "our fabulous looking house" by some passers-by.
Our kids had so much fun that they refused to return home to reality!
Being from the city, we loved our 4 day stay at this 'retreat' and such high are our current expectations that any future homeaway rental would have a hard time fulfilling them.
Owner's Response: Thank you, Ari and family, for the very kind review! We are always so happy when someone enjoys our "retreat" as much as we do! We love it there and want to share the beauty of the Adirondacks and Lake Algonquin with families like yours who will treasure every moment there. You and your family are always welcome to visit again, and we hope you come again! Sincerely, Monica and Paul Shelmandine
Helpful votes: 2/2
Did you find this review helpful?