|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
Set under a canopy of cypress trees and facing verde creek (it truly looks green), this little cabin is truly a place of “peace and tranquility.” You’ll spend most of your time sitting on the back porch taking in the beauty of the creek. There always seems to be a breeze blowing through which provides a breath of freshness to your being. The trees are majestic. We call the largest one down by the creek, “the tree of life” as it is huge with a perfect canopy and several of the others look as though they are bowing toward it. For the nature lover, you will find a little oasis to enjoy.
The cabin is decorated with a rustic flavor filled with comfortable furnishings and eclectic antiques. The kitchen is fully supplied … everything is in place for you to prepare your own meals. We might suggest a spaghetti dinner or even steak & potato dinner (stove and oven are provided). Shopping and fun are close by. Everything’s in place for your extended stay retreat!
Overlooks One Of The Most Beautiful Creeks In The Hill Country.
Peaceful & Quiet Setting.
Great For Personal Retreats And/or Sabbaticals.
Enjoy The Wildlife On The Back Deck.
Convenient To Hospitals, Shopping & Antiquing.
Located Half Way Between Kerrville & Comfort.
Easy Drive To Bandera, Fredericksburg & San Antonio.
Spacious With Comfortable Furnishings.
Separate Living/bedroom (with Bath).
Full Kitchen (stove, Refrigerator, & Cooking Supplies) Ready For Your Own Personal Dinners.
High Quality King Sized Bed.
Coffee Maker & Stereo.
Cable And Internet.
Rv’ers & Winter Texans Welcomed.
Sorry, No Smoking Or Pets, 2 Person Limit.
A peaceful retreat! This small cozy cabin for two has a beautiful view off the front porch and is within an hour of Fredericksburg and San Antonio. If your searching for luxury, this is not the place for you. It is decorated with a charming rustic style and has everything you need. We look forward to staying there again.
We did not know what to expect, as we've never been to Center Point or Comfort, Texas. Center Point is a pretty low-key town, not a lot to do, but this cabin is great! If you are looking to get away from the noise of city life this is the perfect spot. The porch that overlooks the creek is stunning! We spent a lot of the time on the porch reading and napping. We drove to Kerrville for outings like shopping and eating. A straight shot, 15 minute drive. The bed is so comfortable! I'm 20 weeks pregnant so it's nearly impossible to sleep comfortably. I slept sound and through the night in the awesome king-sized bed. We cannot say enough nice things about, Buddy, the owner. We were quite the needy customers and he was very accommodating. The TV was on the fritz, so at 9:00pm at night he brought over a new one! Be sure to bring some games and your own food if you want to stay in. It rained the whole time we were there, but there's a swimming spot about 5 minutes away- Brinks Crossing. Also, there is an HEB & Walmart located in Kerrville if you need to run out and get things. We will stay here again, thanks Buddy!
The location of this cabin made it an ideal place to stay while we vacationed in the Hill Country of Texas. The scenary is great and we really enjoyed the daily visit from the duck family who live on the creek. However, the place needs attention. Nails sticking up on the deck were painful, "dust puppies" inside in all the corners, kitchen pots, pans and utensils dirty, left over food in the freezer. We bought steaks in town to grill and then we opened the propane grill.... disgusting! If the cabin is professionally cleaned between guests, I would suggest changing cleaning services. Advertising the property as a "cabin" does not excuse cleaning and general maintenance. We travel a lot and use VRBO almost extensively. This is not a property we will return to.
My husband and I stayed at this cabin for the weekend. We have nothing but great things to stay about it. Our days and nights were so peaceful. Whether it was listing to the crickets at night or watching and hearing the birds sing in the morning. The house is secluded enough to get away from it all, but close enough for all of your essential needs. I highly recommend this rental when its time for you to get away from it all.
The view from the back porch to the creek is beautiful. The photo doesn't lie.
We used the cabin for 4 nights as a base to travel to San Antonio and then visit locations nearby in the Hill Country.
Most of the accommodations in the cabin are perfectly adequate, but we had a few issues:
1. There was leftover food still in the freezer.
2. Some lights didn't work, bulbs were out. We did some swapping with some lights that had 2 bulbs, but there were no spares to be found.
3. The sink in the bathroom must be the smallest sink in the world. It is about 12x8". It is almost impossible to brush your teeth and not make a mess on the floor, we hit our heads on the wall as we tried to get over the sink. Perhaps the sink could be rotated 90 degrees and still not take up too much room. Better planning would have made a larger bath area and eliminated the need for such a small sink.
4. We needed to clean a few items- the sink dish drainer was rather "gunky" and the small lamp on the kitchen counter seemed as though it hadn't been cleaned in years. Some serious scrubbing took care of both, but they weren't major issues.
5. The placemats on the kitchen table were filthy on the bottom side, but the tops were clean. Again, we just washed them in the sink and dried them, but this shouldn't have been necessary.
6. The flashlight in the cabinet is likely there for emergencies, but it had been left on and the batteries were dead. But, the batteries expired about 3 years ago anyway... no spare batteries for the flashlight.
6. Soap in the bathroom ran out the first day, again, lack of attention to details. We had our own, but...
7. Hand and bath towels were great, but we would also have liked to have had washcloths.
8. Cowboy hats are hung everywhere for decoration, but we would have liked some places to hang our own hats and clothes. There is a small closet, but hooks on the walls would have made it better.
Don't get me wrong, we loved staying here and the view from the back porch is terrific. If there were just a little more attention to details, this would be a wonderful place to stay. It fit our needs perfectly.
Having access to wireless was wonderful!
As the info states, be sure and buy groceries before you get there.
There are some great wineries and places to eat nearby. Using the info in the book in the cabin will help a lot.
This cabin was the perfect place for my girlfriend and I to spend our anniversary. It was quiet secluded and a perfect place for to get some alone time from the rest of the world. The owners were great and gave us everything we needed to enjoy our stay. We would love to stay there again as soon as we can.
Located halfway between Comfort and Kerrville on Verde Creek. This cabin is a comfortable place to retreat.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
|Cleaning Fee||$35.00 + Tax|
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.