We travel frequently, and we rely heavily on reviews, and this is the first time that we found the reviews to be off the mark. Since we do rely on these reviews, we wanted to provide a fair and balanced review. There are some pros to this property: the house has good access to the highway and turnpike, the property is quiet, and the outside area is nice. There were several downsides, however:
* aside from the kind bed (which is comfortable), the beds are *terrible* (the mattresses are obviously very old)
* when we ran the downstairs shower, 30 seconds of brown rusted water came out. The upstairs shower head is rusted and only a few streams of water come out.
* we had to vacuum the living room carpet when we first arrived, as is was covered in dog hair (suggesting the house wasn't thoroughly cleaned)
* some of the furniture is in disrepair (we moved a well-placed blanket to reveal that the living room armchair was duck-taped).
* the house is missing a few conveniences (we couldn't find a toaster).
* the house is supposed to have A/C, though it did not work well. The bedrooms have window units, but they are loud and ineffective.
* the house may work for adults, but it is *not* kid friendly.
It's also important to note that we had to leave a few days into our one-month planned stay due to a death in the family. Though they were able to re-rent the property for the majority of our stay, they only offered us a refund of a few hundred dollars (and this was after several days of not returning our e-mails and phone calls). With so many options out there, we recommend looking elsewhere if you're planning to stay in the Cleveland area.
Drs. Thomas & Heidi King
Owner's Response: Many travelers have enjoyed their stay at the Ellis Guest House. Every effort is made to provide a clean, comfortable, safe environment for our guests. The home is thoroughly cleaned and inspected before your arrival. We welcome feedback in order to learn of ways to enhance your experience.
If you need anything during your stay, or if something does not meet your satisfaction, simply text or call the number provided at check in for prompt assistance. There is always someone available and we are happy to help!
Our cancellation policy is clearly stated in the rental agreement. Refunds contrary to the policy are not guaranteed.
If you are looking for peaceful country living in a central location, you will surely enjoy your stay at the Ellis Guest House.
Helpful votes: 3/3
Did you find this review helpful?