Winter fun in Sun Valley!
We recently enjoyed our first trip to Sun Valley. The following are a few of our favorite highlights:
1. Accommodations - The condo was amazing...even better than described! It is very cozy and has all the amenities one could need. Upon arrival, we were impressed by a very clean condo that was stocked with all types of toiletries and paper products. We were able to prepare several meals within the condo after visiting one of the local grocery stores; every appliance and utensil needed was readily available. Additionally, the washer and dryer within the condo was a fantastic surprise. This made reusing our ski attire more convenient than anticipated. Lastly, the location was invaluable. With a group of beginner/intermediate skiiers, we had planned on spending our time at Dollar Mountain. Stepping out of the front door of the condo, one can be at Dollar in less than 1 minute. Whether you are transporting your own equipment or renting from Dollar, the proximity could not be better.
2. Transportation - Snowcreek condos are nearby two stops on the free public transportation (KART - Ketchum Area Rapid Transit). Coming from the east, we opted not to rent a car for this trip. We had no difficulty getting around using this system. Had it been warmer (We were in Sun Valley in late January and temperatures were typically in the 20-30s during the day and 0-15 during the evening.), walking to Ketchum from the condo would have been possible.
3. Assistance - John and his property manager, Bart, are incredibly helpful! They both went out of their way to make sure that our questions were answered and that we had everything we needed to have the best possible stay in Sun Valley. John and his family made a useful "travelers' guide," which is located on the coffee table in the condo. We found this to be very informative; we especially enjoyed trying most of the recommended restaurants.
4. Recommendations - We absolutely recommend this condo to a small family or group of friends looking to have a great time in Sun Valley/Ketchum, Idaho!
- Restaurants: Perry's, The Kneadery (breakfast/brunch), The Pioneer (great steaks, prime rib), Boca (awesome tapas place), Grumpy's (local spot for burgers and beer, located near Hemmingway's grave site for those who are interested). The sleigh ride to Trail Creek Cabin, as well as the gondola ride up to the Roundhouse at Bald Mountain are two must do options, as well.
-Shopping: Check out the charming shops in Ketchum and Sun Valley.
Tourists without a Car,
Families with Teenagers,
Families with Young Children,
Helpful votes: 9/9
Did you find this review helpful?