|Minimum Stay||3 - 4 nights|
Family, Adventure, Romance and Convenience! Historical Pioneer Home built in 1885 with a modern renovation and addition in 2005 make this home the perfect combination of history and modern comforts. Romantic and functional, it is the perfect location for your next family or corporate event! Amazing recreation surrounds with biking, hiking, camping, fishing, National Parks in every direction! Parowan is right out of a Norman Rockwell painting with small town appeal, local events and beautiful natural amenities. Petroglyphs, the hoodoos of Cedar Breaks, fresh running clear streams, beautiful valleys, colorful rock mountains, skiing, snow boarding, tubing and so much more! Local gym, Gym on Main, with classes, free weights, circuit weights, Power Plate! Come back from vacation in better shape than when you left home!
The house is 4500 sq ft of living space with a backyard sporting a 1/2 basketball court, trampoline and lots of space for football, soccer or just playing catch. A breathtaking view of the P-Hill with seasonal color changes and four distinct seasons make this an ideal meeting place/destination- 3 hours North is Salt Lake City, 3 hours south is Las Vegas. Truly a location that offers something for everyone! Check availability for the holidays and get ready to fall in love with Parowan and Southern Utah!
Petroglyphs, National Parks, Zion, Bryce Canyon, Cedar Breaks, Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, Old Rock Church, This is the Place, Heritage Park
Adventure, Competitions, Races- Dixie 200, Ride the Gap, Underground Turkey Trot, Parowan Half Marathon, Yankee Meadow Half, Mountain Bike Races.
We moved out to Parowan from the Clearwater FL area almost 10 years ago and LOVE southern Utah! So clean, tons of outdoor recreation, friendly people and so many national parks. We purchased the house which was built in the late 1800's and remodeled and added on to it while preserving the historical architectural features that make the home so special. It truly was a feat but feel that the home had already survived for over 100 years and we wanted to give it at least 100 more years! We know you will love it! It has the modern conveniences and so many amenities! Enjoy southern Utah and prepare to fall in love with Parowan (: Best wishes for a great vacation!
Mollie Bates purchased this house in 2003
Words cannot express how perfect this place was!
- The house is bigger than it looks in the photos.
- 9 bedrooms was great! Even the older grandchildren got to use the bunk bed room.
- Kitchen well equipped.
- Back yard that goes on for days!
- If the adults want to hang out at night, the front living room is perfect for games, and not disturbing those in bed.
- BBQ was awesome, and much appreciated for easy cooking.
- Lots of seating for dining, and outside.
- Close to fireworks for the 4th of July, and close to an amazing shave ice place, along with a gas station for quick stuff one might need.
- 20 min from Wal-Mart and amazing indoor swimming site.
- Biking everywhere and river hike 30 min away.
- There is an extra room! It doesn't have a door, but its located right near the kitchen and shows the old foundation. Perfect because we needed another room for a family and tada, it was there! (maybe they will add a door sometime?)
- Car port for a trailer, which was awesome because even in this big house we needed 10 rooms for couples, and with the trailer we could all fit and have our own little space!
- Lots of closets for kids to sleep in and get their own rooms! We had babies with our family and it was very easy getting to stick them in their cribs for sleeping time.
- Available owner.
- All around amazing house that gave us everything we needed.
- While the AC worked and it never got over 87 in the house (while cooking during the hottest part of the day with no windows open, maybe happened twice), there was some confusion. We had a hard time getting it to work at the temp we wanted in the room we wanted. And for some reason some rooms were freezing while others very warm. Not to worry though, just some minor room changes for those who like it hot or cold.
- The trampoline is great, but it was surrounded by stone. No one got hurt, but we were cautious of it. Also some kids slept on the trampoline, and at 2am the sprinklers went off. Very funny now, but not funny to those kids at the time.
- Keep and eye on the dishwasher. It works and all, but it is so quiet that multiple times it would not get turned on properly and we had dirty dishes for breakfast when we needed clean ones. Opps!
We had an amazing experience at this home. The memories we gained from this place are irreplaceable! Thank you!
From the family of 18 brothers and sisters (including in-laws), 2 parents, and 23 grandchildren. We had a splendid time!
It was amazing. We had 25 people and they all fit so amazing. It was especially watching a football game.
Everything in me wants to keep this house a secret and not write a glowing review! I was looking for a home large enough for my Jr High youth group and chaperones to stay in for our annual trip to Ski N Board at Brian Head. The home is so spacious and comfortable the we fit with ease. My biggest concern was the distance to the resort which is so inconsequential that for the money this home was a far better value than condos on the slope. The kitchen is updated and plenty of room to feed the troops. We will be booking the home for many years to come! Oh, and the owner answered all my texts and emails promptly, putting me at ease with all the questions I had. From the California kids - gnarly job Molly, it was totally awesome!
My family of 10 stayed at this home for a ski trip to Brain Head. The home was located about 20mins to the ski resort. The home was nice and large. Our family enjoyed having lots space to spread out. The backyard was very large and great for the kids. Mollie was a pleasure to work with.
Our group of 7 families had a great time in this huge, comfortable house for the Xmas holiday. It took us a while to figure out where all the rooms are and where the second staircase is. There are many sitting areas in the house and you can always find a quiet place. We loved to prepare the food on the huge kitchen island. The house is conveniently located. It is close to gas station and grocery store. Great stay over place for visiting Brian Head ski resort, Bryce canyon, and other national parks. Owner is great. Very easy to communicate and very flexible.
Wow, our whole group (which was large) enjoyed our stay at the "Big Chill". The house is unique and beautiful. It has historic charm with every modern convenience you would want during a family gathering. It had snowed so that was extra fun everyday. There is more room than you can imagine. Fun places for the younger children to explore right inside the home. The owners are great! It is located close to grocery, gas, gym, everything.There are more nearby sights to go see and experience than there is time. We want to stay there next time we are in the area. We highly recommend this beautiful property!
Petroglyphs, beautiful, picturesque National Parks, hometown conveniences and an beautiful home!
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Nov 20 2015 - Jan 5 2016
4 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
|Refundable Cleaning Fee||$300.00|
|Refundable damage deposit||$100.00|
|Property Damage Protection||$59.00|
|Notes||Check out list will be provided. If items are completed to satisfaction of owner, $150.00 cleaning fee will be refunded.|
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.