**Savings apply when booking within 7 days of arrival**
Tranquilizing views of Monterey Bay beckon from virtually every room in this lovely 3-bedroom, 2-bath hilltop home nestled in a friendly Pacific Grove neighborhood within walking distance of the coastline and just a hop, skip and a jump from the Monterey Bay Aquarium.
The location is ideal, just blocks from downtown Pacific Grove, with its delightful assemblage of shops and restaurants, and the 7-mile walking and bike trail the wends along the shoreline. Monterey, Carmel and Pebble Beach are all less than a 10-minute drive away; Big Sur about 45 minutes.
Upon your arrival you will be greeted by complementary hors d’oeuvres and wine or sparkling cider, passes to the famous Spa on the Plaza in downtown Monterey, tickets for a tasting at Scheid Winery in downtown Carmel-by-the-Sea, local organic coffee to start your mornings and a basket of local information. An assigned concierge vacation house manager is available to assist you during your stay. We have also provided spa amenities in the bathrooms, plush bathrobes, oversized towels and everything you need for a day at the beach.
A short flight of steps from the sidewalk takes you up to the front entrance and a panelled hallway with a bedroom on the right and the living room on the left. A long, narrow balcony runs along the front of the house affording a spot to breathe in the fresh ocean air and watch the gulls and pelicans soar over the blue waters of the Monterey Bay.
The house combines nostalgic '50s architectural touches – such as lots of built-in wood cabinets – with sophisticated contemporary seashore-themed décor in ocean blues and browns set off by crisp whites. The panelled living room, which has stunning bay views, features wall-to-wall windows, a beamed vaulted ceiling, a gas fireplace, a sofa, loveseat, a wooden coffee table and an antique bureau. Serenade your loved ones or enjoy a family singalong at a grand piano. Relax with popcorn and watch movies on a flat-screen TV.
An adjacent open dining room, also with gorgeous bay views, has a wooden table and chairs for 6.
A telescope is provided for up-close looks at sailboats in the bay. A bank of built-in cabinets (with a pass through window to the kitchen) provide storage for table linens, games and puzzles. Prepare gourmet meals in a handsome kitchen that has a sand-colored tile floor, white tile counter-tops, wooden cabinets and a central work station with a built-in electric stove top. Other appliances include an oven, dishwasher and microwave. Breakfast or casual meals can be enjoyed at a square oak table with 4 Windsor chairs. A nook with a washer and dryer is nearby. A back door leads to an enclosed patio -- partially framed in glass to let in the water views -- equipped with a picnic table and grill. Flowering plants such as primula, camellias and roses provide bright spots of color.
The master bedroom, with a large window that looks out to the lush plants on the back deck, has a nautical theme with deep ocean blue and white patterned coverlet and pillows on the king bed, wooden end tables with tripod table lamps and an armchair. The master bath, with white and pale yellow tiles and navy blue towels, and has an enclosed shower.
A second bedroom has a king has 2 coverlets, one white and one turquoise blue, a white wooden dresser and bedside tables and table lamps with metal bases shaped like tree branches.
The third bedroom has twin beds with seafoam blue quilted bed coverlets, encaustic sea-themed artwork, a white wooden dresser and bedside stands and blue ceramic table lamps. An additional bathroom, also tiled in white and pale yellow, has a tub with a shower.
Two cars can be parked in the driveway. On-street parking also available. Note: There is a separate studio rental on the lower level of the house that is not included and may be occupied during your stay.
Pets are welcome.
(Note: There is a separate studio rental in the lower level of the house that is not included and may be occupied during your stay)
Additional Rate Details and Rental Terms.....
*RATES ARE BASED ON 1-7 GUESTS, INCLUDING INFANTS AND CHILDREN. ADD $25/NIGHT PER PERSON TO ABOVE RATES per person FOR 9 OR 10 GUESTS. (NO MORE THAN 7 ADULTS ALLOWED).
* 10% City transient occupancy tax applicable to all fees (including cleaning and any optional amenity fees).
* Accidental, Loss and Damage Waiver Fee $75 instead of security deposit (covers up to $2,000 unintentional damage to house or its contents but does not cover negligent abuse or neglect)
* Credit Card number must be on file for security against any damages should damage be due to abuse or neglect and are not accidental in nature. Guest would be responsible for any uncovered damages.
*Pet Fees: $100 each large dog (1 dog ); $150 two small dogs; if arranged after acceptance of contract, contract must be amended to adjust price. Must sign Pet Waiver and have Purchased Damage Waiver Fee $75.
* Non-refundable cleaning fees are quoted separately from rent depending on number of guests. $225 1-4 guests, $250 5-6 guests, $275 7-8 guests, $300 8-10 guests, including infants and children.
* Stays of 30 days or more require mid-stay cleanings every two weeks that you will be responsible for scheduling with our Vacation House Manager assigned to the rental and paying cleaners for directly at the time each cleaning is performed at the rate of $25/hour. This is over and above the cleaning fee itemized in your contract.
* Cancellation Policy: If you cancel 60 days or less before your arrival date, you are eligible for a full refund only if we can re-rent the property for the same dates and rental rate less the $150 administration fee and any bank or PayPal fees incurred by the owner. If you cancel 60 days or more before your arrival date, you are eligible for a full refund of the rental amount less the $150 administration fee and any bank or PayPal fees incurred by owner. [Please read the full terms in the Rental Agreement before signing for any recent changes to this abbreviated policy statement - the Rental Agreement contains our current policy]
* PG&E gas and electricity are paid by guest for rentals of 30 days or more.
* Full payment is due at time of booking if booked less than 60 days prior to arrival date.
* If booked more than 60 days in advance of arrival date, 50% of total amount is due to secure reservation with balance of total due 60 days prior to arrival date.
* Access information and directions will be provided once payment is made in full.
** Please call to inquire about 4 or 5 night minimums for Thanksgiving, Christmas & New Years, subject to owner's approval.
* 2 night rentals are subject to owner's approval unless it is a Last Minute Special.
* Last-Minute Specials!! $50 discount per night, depending on number of guests, if booked within 7 days of arrival, subject to owner's approval. “Minimum night stays” can also be waived.