Min 3 nights (2 nights in off season)
Max 12 nights
Please check calendar for availability.
Not your typical cookie cutter hotel room, this chic Back Bay apartment includes hot breakfast (you just supply the chef), laptop with high-speed WiFi, home phone with unlimited free calling anywhere in the US/Canada and HD TV with over 200 channels!
Why stay at a hotel when you can have the true Boston experience and live like a local? Feel at home, while you're away from home, living on the parlor level (half a floor up from the ground) of a traditional Marlborough St. brownstone in the heart (Marlborough St. between Exeter & Fairfield) of Boston's historic Back Bay. Safe, quiet neighborhood, considered to be one of the most beautiful in Boston, with true New England charm. Walking distance to all of the popular districts (Back Bay shopping/restaurant district, Copley Square, Charles River, Boston Commons, South End, etc.) and historic sites (State House, Fanueil Hall, Freedom Trail, etc.) in Boston. The apartment just a few blocks away from the Boston Marathon finish line and a short walk (1 mile) to Fenway Park. I will mail you a set of keys in advance of your stay, so you late check-ins are never a problem! :)
NOTE: This vacation rental has a maximum occupancy of two adults (sorry, no children). (It's a very quiet building that is unfortunately not very child friendly.)
Included in your stay are the following:
* HOT BREAKFAST (pancakes - please help yourself to frozen berries to add to your pancakes, eggs, french toast, waffles, cereal, toast, pb & j, oj, coffee, tea, hot cocoa, etc and other snacks... you just supply the chef!)
* LAPTOP with HIGH SPEED WiFi
* TRAVEL GUIDES & MAPS: Fodor's Boston, Boston Zagat Restaurant Guide, Laminated City Map, Transit Guide/Map, New England Map, AMC hiking guide books, Boston/New England picture books, etc.
* WELCOME DRINK! :) Start your vacation off right with a Cosmo/Margarita/Cape Codder welcome drink upon your arrival! :) (alcohol, martini set, etc. provided).
* PROFESSIONAL CLEANING: The apartment is professionally cleaned by a (third party) housekeeping service prior to each visit.
* 40' HIGH-DEFINITION FLAT SCREEN PLASMA TV with over 200 channels. DVD player also provided as well as a selection of DVD movies.
* MAGAZINES: recent issues of US Weekly and Time magazines.
* COMFY queen-sized bed.
* BATHROBES so u can feel right at home.
NOTE: This is an entirely PRIVATE APARTMENT (with private bath and kitchen) which you will have all to yourself (not a room in a shared apartment/home). There's no curfew and you don't have to make small talk during breakfast with strangers! :) Plus it's all yours while your there - I never stop by unannounced.
There is a 3-night minimum. If the calendar shows your selected dates as available, you can simply go ahead and send a reservation request. Dates that are not available have been blocked out. The apartment is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Other apartment amenities include:
- PARLOR-LEVEL, STREET-FACING APARTMENT with great view of Marlborough St.
- HIGH SPEED CABLE INTERNET (WiFi)
- HIGH CEILINGS
- TOILETRIES - Leave your checked bag at home! Available for your use are the following: shampoo/conditioner, soap, shower gel, body lotion, toothpaste, Q-tips, blow dryer, flat iron, shoe shine kit, sewing kit, first aid kit, etc. (help yourself to whatever you can find) (NOTE: The bathroom is very small and dated. Hopefully the rest of the amenities help to make up for that!) :)
- MINI BEACH CHAIRS that you can take to the Commons or the Charles to sit out and read/people watch. :) (behind the kitchen island)
- Stereo with iPod Deck
- Decorative FIREPLACE (Note: there is no flue, so you'll want to open the windows if you light a lot of candles) (you are welcome to light any candles)
- AIR MATTRESS for use free-of-charge with auto-inflat/deflat (in case you'd like to use it, it is on the top shelf in the closet in the kitchen)
- AIR CONDITIONING UNIT (in the summer) & HEAT (space heater plus central heat in the colder months)
- MICROWAVE, TOASTER OVEN, COFFEE MAKER, IRON/IRONING BOARD (behind the kitchen island), clothes steamer, pots/pans, Brita water filter, alarm clock.
- Also, feel free to help yourself to spices, condiments, cooking oils, etc.