|Minimum Stay||2 - 3 nights|
Best located apartment in Dublin city,over-looking Trinity college gardens and with great views down Grafton street which is the heart of Dublin's capital. The apartment is located in a refurbished Georgian building with private lift and secure entrance. The bedrooms are located at the back of the apartment which are cozy, quiet and peaceful.
The sitting room has classic Georgian features,fireplace,high ceilings and comfy sofa's. 32' Plasma TV, DVD and selection of DVD's. Wireless internet, Kitchen has standard appliances with cooking equipment etc.
Great location. Big living room. Just a couple of clarifications needed to avoid the surprises we had. 1. The entry is on Grafton St which is very busy. 2. The stairs leading up are VERY narrow. Not elderly or large luggage friendly 3. The kitchen is a "hallway kitchen", there is barley room for two people to move around in it. 4. The bedrooms have no dressers and are just big enough for the beds. 5. There is no balcony. 6. The "full bathroom" in the bedroom is odd. There is a shower head in the corner and a drain in the floor. The bathroom is the shower. There were issues with the water, and management moved us the same day, though to a smaller apartment that was not as well located. The second apt had issues of it's own, which they did handle promptly as they came up. They gave us a token refund for our trouble.
Really enjoyed Grafton street apartment, location was second to none, right in the heart of the city over looking Trinity College grounds.
Used VRBO before in Dublin and delighted with out-come.
Very large sitting-room over-looking Trinity College gardens, spacious area which is great when you have large family.
The kitchen is well equipped and clean.
Bedroom at back of property and are quiet at night & comfortable mattresses.
Super apartment and would use again.
As seasoned travelers and experienced in renting VRBO properties all over the world, the four of us were excited to have an apartment at such a great location. Excellent location and within steps to drugstores, supermarkets and excellent pubs and restaurants. The bedrooms were located at the back of the apartment and were quiet.
There were a number of factors that did not meet expectations for the price of this apartment for four guests.
1. Insufficient bath towels.
2. Minimally equipped kitchen. One kitchen towel, no dish soap, detergent, sponge etc.
3. Only four wine glasses and two evenings we entertained visitors.
4. A vacuum cleaner and a portable child bed welcomed us each and every time we opened the apartment door.
5. The hand held wand in the shower in the hallway bathroom was missing the head. Soap dispensers in bathrooms were empty.
6. No light bulb in lamp.
7. Black futon in living room was broken with multiple tears. There was no coffee table, only a small side table provided with room for one or two people glasses. Website photo shows glass coffee table and area rug.
8. Aware our responsibility was to take out the rubbish at the end of the stay, but did not realize we would be responsible for purchasing city license stickers at the Londas Store on Westmoreland. This store did not have stickers and we had to go to four stores before stickers were found. This exercise took away from our holiday time and is not a convenient process for at all.
9. Multiple times throughout the week during showers, the water in the wet shower would stop unexpectedly. We learned the hard way that someone else in the apartment had to keep turning on the water in the hallway bathroom so the water pump would kick-in and water flow could resume. This would have been helpful information to know upon arrival. (We made the apartment maintenance person aware and it was mentioned the building had issues. He was at the apartment as we had to call to fix the window that would not close which became a problem due to lower nighttime temperatures.)
10. Meet and greet service not worth the cost.
We are providing this feedback in hopes the owner will review the condition of the apartment and make the changes necessary to meet the expectations of more sophisticated renters. For the price we paid for one week at this apartment we left feeling overcharged and would not consider this apartment again, nor would we recommend to others.
The apartment's location is perfect for seeing the sights of Dublin. You can walk to almost all of the attractions, for those attractions that are a little too far, the sightseeing tour bus has a stop right across the street from the Apartment. The owners were extremely patient with my multiple emails asking various questions and with scheduling day trips with Frank's Taxi service (He was a great tour guide). The apartment was clean and the six of us were quite comfortable. I am highly sensitve to smells and was concerned when I read the review regarding scents from the store below. It was strong when we first walked into the stairway to the apartment but I could not smell anything when we were in the apartment. We had one small issue with the water during our stay but the owner responded immediately. We were extremely satisfied with the accomodations and would definitely stay here again.
You definitely couldn't ask for a better location! It is centrally located and you can walk everywhere. With a few minor repairs this apartment could recieve 5 stars. There was nothing major wrong -just some minor wear & tear issues. We used the meet & greet service that is offered since we arrived on a very early am flight from the US and Frank the driver was wonderful, it is definitely a worth while service to use. The one thing that I would note is the apartment is located above the store Lush and you do notice the smell from the soaps and other items in the apartment but it is not overpowering. Someone with a sensitivity might have an issue. The bedrooms are located at the back of the apartment and they are quiet. The living room is large and spacious. We did see some gorgeous sunrises from the windows while we were there with the sun coming up over Trinity College. The kitchen space is long and narrow, a little akward to use, but was well stocked with items including tea, sugar and instant coffee. One of the bathrooms is a wet bath which can be a little akward to use but the other bathroom had a regular shower area. To get to the apartment you can use an elevator or stairs but you do have to go up a flight of stairs to get to the elevator from the entrance of the building. The elevator opened up right in the apartment, it does require a key to operate which was provided. The door to the building is also locked so it is very secure. Contact with Dublin City Apartments was via email and all my emails were answered promptly.
We had a great time visiting Dublin and can't wait to go back!
Stayed in Grafton apartment recently,(September) and was blown away.
Pictures don't do apartment justice as premise was recently renovated.
Location is amazing and was so happy with overall experience.
Sitting room was beautifully decorated and very homely.
Would recommend to all.
Has it's own private elevator !!!
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Nov 1 2014 - Mar 6 2015
2 night minimum stay
These rates do not take in count events (concerts, sport games, bank holiday..).
Please contact us if you wish to have further information.
15% non refundable deposit payment is required to book this apartment. The remaining balance is due on arrival.
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (EUR) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.