Charleston House Rental Photos and Description
House, 4 Bedrooms + 4 bathrooms and 2 Sofa beds (Sleeps 8-10) Kayaks & P
FABULOUS UPSCALE WATERFRONT
Clean and Stylish
****** WE HAVE A 2ND RENTAL PROPERTY IN THE SAME NEIGHBORHOOD...just 4 blocks away. The other house rental has a private POOL! See HomeAway for Listing # 3727532 ***
....And now....presenting The Big Chill...on the Waterfront ~
This fabulous property is unique in the Charleston area. It is rare to find a large rental this close to Historic Downtown, and to the beaches, surrounded by water and with total Water Views plus a dock! This Southern Style house is situated on more than a half acre of a private wooded peninsula which is a virtual 'nature preserve'. You experience marshland, tidal creeks, and deep water, and a dock on property, all a hop from downtown. With grand oaks, rivers and marshes viewed from the porches, decks and windows, you will think you stepped into the historic Charleston past, but with every luxury and amenity of the present.
The Big Chill House is just moments by car to the Historic District and the Visitor Center in Downtown Charleston, and the beaches of the islands. Location, location, location!
The house is a Traditional floor plan updated for modern life and vacationing pleasure. You will be overjoyed by the fabulous open, fully equipped, gourmet kitchen. Pots hang overhead from a wrought iron rack. With a center island, the kitchen is a natural gathering place. You will be thrilled with the numerous gourmet features. The stovetop is gas with 5 burners. Appliances are all top-of-the-line. This chef’s state of the art equipped kitchen has it all……..granite countertops, deep double sinks, hot and cold filtered water, trash compactor and oven warmer.
Connected to the kitchen is an open dining room, so you are never closed off from the action. The stunning dining room is customized with faux painting and enough seating for everyone.
Adjacent to the kitchen is den #2. This is a perfect spot to view the outdoors through the picture bay window, and to sit and read or have a morning coffee. Hardwood floors and oriental rugs add to the ambience. This den has a sofa bed as the couch.
Step through swing doors into the huge luxurious family room. This spacious great room has 2 stunning leather couches and a large 55' HDTV. Fans turn overhead for summer guests; a large working fireplace warms winter guests. This room runs the entire length of the house from the front to the back.
Exterior French doors open out to wrap-around Southern porches that encircle the whole house. Outdoor ceiling fans keep you cool and keep the bugs away. There are sets of seating all around the porches…wicker chair groupings, rocking chairs for viewing, and a joggling board. There is an outside table for eating, and a gas grill.
And although the central gathering spots of this house are fabulous, it just keeps getting better! The bedrooms are perfect sleep and retreat rooms. Unlike typical rentals, this attention to detail for the luxury and comfort of these bedrooms is what really cements this property as a true top quality rental. This house is made for gathering together……and also for comfortably escaping to a nice bedroom with comfy bedding and luxury linens...away from the crowds!
The spacious and romantic huge Master Suite has a deep thick Luxury King Bed, and French doors open to it's own private outdoor deck, with breathtaking views and seating. This Master Suite has an attached private bathroom. The suite is large enough to also have a sitting area and two closets for “his and hers”.
Overlooking the front, is a lovely upstairs queen bedroom; delightfully decorated.
The bedroom next door has mahogany twin beds that can be strapped together if desired. These 2 rooms share a designer luxury full bathroom with a rain shower and pedestal tub in marble, granite and stone.
The downstairs bedroom, a converted cozy room off the kitchen, has a dramatic Queen Bed, large ceiling fan, and a great attached bathroom with a walk in granite shower. The washer and dryer are in a closet in this bedroom also.
Also downstairs is a picture perfect powder room in the main hallway.
To top it all off….the grounds of the house make this the perfect vacation location. Kayaks are on site. Crab, fish, and swim off the backyard dock. Swing in the hammock, or under a tree. Luxuriate in the hot tub on the back deck. Yes! …..you have found paradise.
* King Bedroom- Upstairs, huge oversized Master. French Doors to private deck overlooking marshes and waterways. Also has a sitting area, with a Queen sized sofa bed. Carpeted. Private Bathroom with walk in double shower. HDTV cable and DVD. Ceiling fans.
* Queen Bedroom – Upstairs. Carpeted. Shares a large Luxury Bathroom with the Twin Room. HDTV cable and DVD.
* Bedroom King or Twins – Upstairs. Hardwood floors and area rug. Two Beds connected together to make another “KING” or kept apart and used as Twins. HDTV cable and DVD. Ceiling fan.
* Queen Bed – Downstairs bedroom. A converted small bedroom directly off the kitchen. It has a Queen Bed and a new tiled bathroom with a walk in granite shower. The washer and dryer are in a closet in this bedroom also.
* Queen sofabed #1 Downstairs in the smaller 2nd den. The room is open on one side to the kitchen, and closed on other side to the family room.
* Queen sofabed #2 Upstairs in the King Master Suite sitting area.
* Family Room Downstairs large room with oversized HDTV, cable, stereo, fireplace, chairs, leather sofas, ceiling fans. Room opens with french doors to wrap around porch.
* Smaller Den Downstairs in-between the great room and kitchen. Has the sleeper sofa.
* Bathroom #1 Private for the Master King. Large Shower, large vanity, and toilet. Tiled.
* Bathroom #2 Upstairs shared with the Queen and the Twins. Glass rain shower, soaker tub, glass, marble and tile.
* Bathroom #3 Attached to the downstairs Queen Bedroom. Vanity, shower, and toilet. Tiled.
* Bathroom #4 Powder Room located downstairs in the hallway. Stylish and savvy.
* Gourmet Kitchen Fully equipped. Center island. Granite Countertops. Gas range. Oven with warmer drawer. Large sub zero built in refrigerator. Dishwasher. Trash compactor. Water filtration. Garbage disposal. Small TV. Coffee pot, toaster oven, all appliances.
* Dining Room Open to the kitchen. Large Walnut table protected by a glass top. Seats 8-10.
* Washer and Dryer Located in the Double Bedroom downstairs off the kitchen.
* During Wedding Season we do not allow a Saturday check-in or check-out. If you need a Saturday arrival or departure, please look at our other Property, .......Listing # 3727532
SCAMMER ALERT: We value your protection. We do NOT post on Craigslist. Any Craigslist advertisement is a scam from someone else to steal your money. HomeAway and VRBO have had a few phishing problems. If anyone contacts you asking you to do a wire transfer....it is not us! We would never ask a client to wire payment. We also are never represented by any (fraudulent ) discounted property management company. Call VRBO immediately if you are contacted by someone who is not us. Thank you!
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters
- pets considered
- children welcome
- non smoking only
Guestbook comments from the owner
Yes, we spent every evening on that beautiful wrap-around porch, telling stories and singing songs. A gathering of 6 friends from far-flung areas of the country gathered together for 6 days of Southern Hospitality from Laurie and George. That porch also provided the spot for early morning cups of strong coffee as we waited for everyone to arise before breakfast was served.
The home is as described by many; spacious, comfortable, well-decorated and well-stocked. It is impossible to add an original thought. It's all been covered. We all thoroughly enjoyed the beautifully landscaped property, the water access, the privacy, the tips given to us for beaches and tourist destinations, the kayaks and the WiFi access.
One of the highlights of our stay was when we were surprised one afternoon to a cooler full of crabs at our front door. This provided a whole host of wild laughter and entertainment as we novices tried to figure out how to steam and clean them. Fortunately, the homeowners provided much needed guidance and assistance when they discovered our ineffectiveness surrounding the extraction of the meat from the crusty shell. It gave us all a new appreciation for the amount of work it takes to create a crab cake and the amount of money you spend at a restaurant for such a meal is a reflection of that labor.
Another memorable night was when we all gathered in the living room to watch the movie, "The Big Chill" - a DVD copy is (not surprisingly) available in the home. It was a reminder of how important friendships really are, and the time to gather is not only at a funeral or a reunion, but anytime you can.
- Review posted on Trip Advisor site a flipkey site on internet by guest
George and Laurie
About your hostess, Laurie:
When Laurie is not handling computer work, she is focused on her Travel Consulting Business. Laurie is a semi-retired travel agent. She specializes in fabulous all-inclusive resorts and vacations. Laurie has a wide range of career certifications, including Sandals. Laurie is knowledgeable in immersive all inclusive locations all over the world, and stays on top of travel trends. Her consultation services are available at no charge, and she enjoys booking the perfect places for memorable vacations. Laurie happily lives on the property, in the attached apartment with her husband, George, and they love their downsized life, greeting guests, and traveling the world.
You can find out more about Laurie on her facebook page.
About your host, George:
After a high powered corporate career, and then owning a successful retail chain, George now is thrilled to welcome you to The Big Chill…on the Waterfront. George ensures that your visit is comfortable and smooth. He oversees the maintenance and improvements of the house, and keeps the grounds manicured. George takes pride in seeing that the house meets, or exceeds, your expectations. You will find George out on his boat in the waterways surrounding the house, or walking our Pomeranian dog, Gus.
Owners take enormous pride in this large home and surroundings. We ensure that the house is always kept and maintained as a Luxury 5 star establishment through detail and supervision of cleanliness and updating. We live on the property and so, of course, treat it with extra loving care. We were drawn to the unique waterfront property with the southern feeling and privacy, with location, location, location. The waterfront private dock combined with beaches and downtown make this a perfect spot.
There is nothing else quite like it in the area. Aside from the private property peninsula, it is surrounded by water and has water views of the creeks, the rivers, and the marshes. It is the water views and the tidal changes that really make this property spectacular. It is all about the fabulous waterfront location, the ebb and flow of the tides, the natural wildlife, and the privacy, combined with a comfortable savvy home. What a way to enjoy Historic Charleston, the Beaches and the marshes! The location cant be beat, as is evidenced by the mega multi million dollar homes in the area.
Sip coffee on the wrap porches, have a glass of wine on the private dock.
Pull in your crabs and cook them up in your kitchen!