Perfect cabin retreat... look no further!
We stayed here with four other couples (10 adults total) for a weekend retreat. The property and its owners exceeded our expectations by far.
A manageable 2-hr drive from NYC, secluded enough to feel you’re away from it all, but just a short distance from the nearest general store should you need emergency supplies. The exit sign off the highway is tiny but the manager was great and showed up to make sure we didn’t miss it.
* Property (cabin & grounds)
The photos weren’t lying.
- The cabin is spacious yet cozy, spotless clean, and well-equipped (the kitchen was better stocked than my own.) The top floor, consisting of the master bedroom and living area and bathroom, is worth fighting over…but the other rooms are all quite nice and each has its own advantages. Temperature control was awesome, anywhere from pleasantly chilly to toasty warm, however you like it.
- Grill and fire pit were great for multiple BBQ and s’more feasts, and ample chairs everywhere.
- The pond, which was more like a lake, was breathtaking in the moonlight and charming in the day, complete with a little dock & row boat.
- Idyllic playhouse for kids
-We didn’t get to try out the hot tub but it was on standby, bubbly hot, before we arrived.
- The whole place was so picturesque you could snap pictures anywhere (pile of stacked firewood, clanging bell hanging on the porch, treasure chest full of board games, full shot of cabin, etc) and get amazing postcard-quality images.
-Like one other reviewer mentioned, cell phone service in this area is nonexistent. There is Wi-Fi (slow) and landline phones in the cabin if you really need them… but you’re there to relax and get away from it all, right?
-We stayed on-site for the entire time so can't comment on the local eats or attractions, sorry!
* Customer Service
Greg the property manager was easy to reach and accommodating whenever we had questions. Nick the owner was AMAZING. From initial contact, he was helpful and prompt in response, ensuring we booked our stay for the desired timeframe, and sent us a hand-drawn map of the grounds in advance. One of us lost an earring—talk about needle in a haystack—but Nick and housekeeping used their mysterious powers and found it and mailed it to us ASAP. Deposit return was timely. We could not be more satisfied with our experience, and would definitely return!!
Helpful votes: 3/3
Did you find this review helpful?