Margaretville Barn Rental Photos and Description
6 bedrooms, 3 full bathrooms, sleeps 15 or more (no prom parties)
Stunning 19th century mountain barn over 5500sqft large. Bordering Catskill State Park and close to 4 ski-resorts. Ideal for 2 to 5 families or group of friends sharing holidays or on a get-away!
Secluded barn is located halfway its own private 300 acres mountain, with breath-taking views and unmatched privacy. In winter, Belleayre and Plattekill mountain are 10 miles away, Hunter and Windham 25 miles. In Summer, Pine Hill lake/beach, Wawaka lake, and several golf courses are within 15 min. Pepacton Reservoir offers canoeing, fishing and other water sports. For longer term rentals (2 weeks plus), we offer privileges to a pool and tennis club.
Great entertaining space guarantees memorable moments: 2500sqft open living space, includes master-chef kitchen, bar area, dining area, tatami area, sofa and TV area, two fire places, large windows, and ceilings up to 40ft! 6 spacious bedrooms. Three bathrooms, with 3 showers and 2 Japanese tubs. 2.5 hours from New York (GW bridge). Winter: 4WD/AWD required for last 0.7miles. WIFI+TV. Minimum renter age is 25 years old. Please no prom inquiries.
* Hill in front of Barn is perfect for sledding or snow-tubing.
* Private, marked, hiking trails on property. Barn is at 2300ft, but trails go up to 3200ft.
* Winter hikes are magnificent (bring or rent snow-shoes).
* Uncrowded Belleayre and Plattekill Ski-resorts (Kids ski for free!) are each a 15 minute drive away (10miles). Hunter and Windham 25 miles away.
* We provide maps with hiking trails in Catskill State park. Our favorite: West Kill Mountain (Devil's path or Diamond Notch trail).
* Satellite TV with 120 channels, including Nickelodeon, Disney Channel, Cartoon Network, ESPN, ESPN2, U-ESPN, AMC,...
* Popular for small weddings. Please inquire for details and rates.
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- unsuitable for elderly or infirm
Guestbook comments from the owner
Everything was absolutely perfect! HUGE thank you to you and your family from all of us. The whole family had a blast ringing in the new year and relaxing in the barn! Its a great and very peaceful place! Again, thanks for everything!