Margaretville Barn Rental Photos and Description
6 bedrooms, 3 full bathrooms, sleeps 15 or more (no prom parties)
Stunning 19th century mountain barn over 5500sqft large. Bordering Catskill State Park and close to 4 ski-resorts. Ideal for 2 to 5 families or group of friends sharing holidays and weekends! Lovely site for small and intimate wedding or family reunion of up to 100 people.
This secluded barn is located halfway on its own private 300 acres mountain, with breath-taking views and unmatched privacy. In winter, Belleayre and Plattekill mountain are 10 miles away, Hunter and Windham 25 miles. In Summer, Pine Hill lake/beach, Wawaka lake, and several golf courses are within 15 min away. Pepacton Reservoir offers canoeing, fishing and other water sports. For longer term rentals (2 weeks plus), we offer privileges to a pool and tennis club.
Great entertaining space guarantees memorable moments: 2500sqft open living space, includes master-chef kitchen, bar -, dining -, tatami -, sofa and TV areas, two large fire places, stone pizza oven, large windows, and ceilings up to 40ft! 6 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms with showers and 2 Japanese tubs. 2.5 hours from New York (GW bridge). Winter: 4WD/AWD required for last 0.7miles. WIFI+TV. Minimum renter age is 25 years old. Please no prom inquiries.
* Hill in front of Barn is perfect for sledding or snow-tubing.
* Private, marked, hiking trails on property. Barn is at 2300ft, but trails go up to 3200ft.
* Winter hikes are magnificent (bring or rent snow-shoes).
* Uncrowded Belleayre and Plattekill Ski-resorts (Kids ski for free!) are each a 15 minute drive away (10miles). Hunter and Windham 25 miles away.
* We provide maps with hiking trails in Catskill State park. Our favorite: West Kill Mountain (Devil's path or Diamond Notch trail).
* Satellite TV with 120 channels, including Nickelodeon, Disney Channel, Cartoon Network, ESPN, ESPN2, U-ESPN, AMC,...
* Popular for small weddings. Please inquire for details and rates.
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- unsuitable for elderly or infirm
Guestbook comments from the owner
Everything was absolutely perfect! HUGE thank you to you and your family from all of us. The whole family had a blast ringing in the new year and relaxing in the barn! Its a great and very peaceful place! Again, thanks for everything!