Location, Location, Location!!!
Allow yourself to escape to this modern tri-level lodge (interior wood cottage décor) on the beautiful Inland Waterway of Michigan with room to play both indoors and out. The lodge features expansive views of the river from 3 levels (sky, overview of river and at river level), an estate size property with 3.5 acres of land, 400-feet of riverfront, constant views of wildlife, a large deck and patio, two private docks with enough space to tie up several boats, outdoor games such as horse shoes are included, outdoor fire pit, wood swing and 3 picnic tables. The lodge also includes a game room with a bar and pool table, 2 large screen tvs (73' and 46') with Direct TV, fireplace, 2 refrigerators, washer and dryer, a fully stocked kitchen and enough sleeping for up to 12. The 4 bedroom, 3 full bath lodge, has an open floor plan with a kitchen/dining/living room combination with a full two-story cathedral ceiling and is perfect for your group, large or small
• Boating: The Inland Waterway is a 38 mile system that begins at the mouth of Lake Huron and continues down the Cheboygan River into Mullett Lake. At the south end of Mullett Lake, it flows into the Indian River and on into Burt Lake and continues into the Crooked River before coming to an end at Crooked and Pickeral Lakes. If you choose to take the entire Inland Waterway roundtrip, it takes over 10 hours from the lodge.
• Fall colors: As the nights become cool in September and October, the spectacular color show begins. Check out the Pure Michigan website for recommended fall color tours or take an atlas with you and venture out on your own.
The Pure Michigan color tours in our area are the Rogers City - Cheboygan - Indian River tour and the Mackinaw City - Petoskey - Charlevoix tour.
• Golfing: Northern Michigan is home to some of the most beautiful golf courses on the planet. Choose between more than 60 golf courses within 5 to 50 minutes away from the lodge.
• Nature lovers and bird watching: The Cheboygan River Watershed is known for large migrations of birds in the spring and the fall. Deer, raccoon, mink, swans, Canadian geese, mallards, mergansers, gulls, wood ducks, herons, golden eyes, osprey, cormorants, golden and bald eagles and many other beautiful wildlife species call the waterway home.
The Cheboygan River Watershed is known for its large, deep, high quality, kettle lakes which support an array of fish and wildlife and serve as a core tourist attraction. Expansive wetland systems have formed where the large rivers filter into these lakes. These large marshes, such as the Indian River and Pigeon River Spreads provide critical spawning habitat for fish and nesting, foraging, and migration habitat for a wide range of birds.
• Snowmobiling: Cheboygan offers access to over 500 miles of groomed snowmobile trails, including a trail system stretching from Mackinaw City down to Gaylord and all of the trails on Black Mountain are just minutes away. There is an access to the trail less than one mile from the lodge.
• Snow sports: Black mountain has miles of cross country ski trails or you can visit Cheboygan’s ice rink for open skating or take in a hockey game. There are several premiere ski resorts in the area that offer downhill and cross country skiing, snowboarding and even snowshoeing: Boyne Mountain, Boyne Highlands and Nubs Nob are both just 30 miles away.
• History brought to life: Visit real historic military forts preserved for hundreds of years in Mackinaw City and on Mackinaw Island. Light houses and the retired Coast Guard’s Great Lake Icebreaker Mackinaw are open to the public.
My wife and I rung in the New Year at this property with friends. It was an excellent base camp for our festivities. It was large enough to hold multiple couples, each with their own room and queen size bed. I overheard the ladies comment on more than one occasion how well stocked the kitchen was for various utensils that they needed for food preparation. We greatly enjoyed the proximity to excellent snowmobiling in the region and the pool table and the large screen TV provided entertainment options when we weren’t playing cards or other games. A+ property for our needs and wonderful service from Jennifer; the property manager. Two Thumbs UP!
The lodge is located in the heart of it all!
• Within walking distance to Pier 33 marina, a public boat launch and the Pier 33 Restaurant, which serves lunch and dinner
• Less than 2 miles to gas stations, shops, grocery stores, and Walmart.
• More than 60 golf courses within 5 to 50 minutes away. Located virtually on the northern Michigan snowmobile and biking trail. Boyne Highlands and Nubs Nob offer winter skiing 40 minutes away, hiking, cross country skiing and snowmobiling at Black Mountain is a 20 minute drive
• Sport fishing and pleasure boating abound from the Inland Waterway and sport fishing charters are available for Lake Huron just minutes away
• Cheboygan is 12 miles from the famous Mackinaw Bridge and Mackinaw City where ferries depart for historic Mackinaw Island
• Two large casinos are located within a 40 minute drive and 2 other casinos in the Sault Ste. Marie area are 90 minutes from the lodge
• You are not just watching waterfowl from afar, you’re in the flocks and this is one of the best kayaking and canoeing places found anywhere
• Mullett Lake is a 20 minute river ride, the lodge is 10 minutes by water from Black River (a full-speed river perfect for skiing, tubing and jet skis) and 20 minutes from the locks to Lake Huron
• Bring your camera, whether on the water or relaxing from the deck, dock or patio, this is a photographer’s pleasure trip
• The lodge offers photography and viewing opportunities from three levels: in the clouds, an overview of the river activity and at the river level
• Take in inspiring sunrises, sunsets and river views right from the lodge
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Jun 21 2014 - Sep 5 2014
4 night minimum stay
|Refundable damage deposit||$500|
|Notes||A cleaning fee of $120 and 6% sales tax is in addition to the rental fee. Your reservation will be confirmed upon receipt of a $500 refundable security deposit that will only be used in the event of damages, half of the rental fee and a signed rental agreement. The second half of the rental fee is required 45 days prior to your arrival date.
Check-in is after 3:00 pm, check-out is at 10 am.
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.