|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
Camp Run-a-muck is the perfect place to call home when you’re “Going to the Lake”
Camp Run-a-muck is located on the water at beautiful Lake Guntersville, and is an area favorite for fishermen and lake dwellers. The camp has an open floor plan, casual comfortable Lake interiors and is fully furnished. The Camp has two decks, one directly visible to the beautiful lake and yard, and one which is ideal to grille your fresh catch of the day or just to enjoy a drink and take in nature.
Located just off highway 431, ten minutes north of Guntersville, Alabama. Conveniently located less than a mile to a public boat launch also near very popular Lake Guntersville State Park.
This is a 2 Bedroom 1 Bath cabin. Each Bedroom has a queen size bed. We also provide a Queen size Inflatable mattress. The Master bedroom connects to the bathroom, and the bathroom has access through the main living area also. The Living Room comes with two large couches and an overstuffed chair and Bean Bag. Dining table seats 4 comfortably, and eat at bar has stools for two. Large 42' TV with DVD and VHS player. Large Selection of VHS and DVD's to choose from also.
Lake Guntersville is known far and wide as a bass fishing Mecca and water sports paradise. 950 mile shoreline and 69,000 acre Lake Guntersville; magnificent mountain and valley scenery; Eagle-watching, hiking and public beach at nearby State Park; 7 major golf courses; huge outlet center nearby. Huntsville and the Space Center are only 30 minutes away.
Keywords: Fishing Cabin, Guntersville, Lake Cabin Rental, Lake House, Lake Guntersville Rental, Bass Fishing Guntersville, Places to stay Guntersville, Inexpensive Lake Cabin, Cheap Lake Cabin Rental, Best fishing cabin Guntersville,
I am an architect and live in Birmingham, AL. I like to do just about anything under the sun. I like to fish, ski, rock climb, 4-wheel ride.
Scott purchased this cabin in 2007
Lake Guntersville is one of the Souths best kept secrets. From the people, the charm of downtown, the mountains and the lakes, Guntersville is a little piece of paradise.
I like this particular property because while having some extremely gorgeous views of the lake, it is also convenient to the small town charm of Guntersville, easy access to the state park, around the corner from the Cathedral Caverns, and accessible to bike trails..
Camp Run-A-Muck was just what we were looking for. We had a great time and yall have a wonderful place.
This is my THIRD time staying at this location. I could not imagine there being a better place to stay at on the lake for the price!
These are the 7 things I would recommend:
1) BRING THE FAMILY OR FRIENDS... it's always the people that make the trip. We brought a group of friends, and the house living room was a perfect fit for 6 of us (plus an additional 2 guest we invited over as well). We watched football, cooked on the grill. I slept great in the side bedroom, and a couple of us on the couches, and there is also a blow up bed with plenty of room to place it.
2) WALK DOWN TO THE WATER... the walk down to the water is so pleasant and nice (it's shaded!). There was a path leading down to the lake and a fire pit just at the edge of the water. We had hay bails to sit on, and actually backed up a truck and used the tailgate as well. We cooked smores at night, which I would suggest as well.
3) USE THE CANOE (especially in the morning or at dusk)... GET OUT ON THE WATER! (if you get a boat)... the lake is absolutely beautiful... and the honeycomb slue where the house is located is right in the middle of it all, there is cliff jumping for the adventurous, the honeycomb inlet is perfect for skiing and wakeboarding and kneeboarding (the water is much calmer than the open lake).
4) BRING SOMETHING TO COOKOUT... the open kitchen/living room floor plan was perfect for cooking for and serving to a big group. There was a propane and charcoal grill, as well as some items we cooked in the oven... We cooked a big breakfast one morning, and dinner one night!
5) BRING THE GIRLS... Girls have higher standards than us guys. The girls that came with us were especially satisfied with the set up. Everyone's expectations were satisfied... I can't speak highly enough about the main room... high ceilings, well kept, great fun decor, exceptionally comfortable couches, etc.
6) BREAK OUT A BOARD GAME... We broke out the poker chips and played Texas Holdem (guys and girls) late into the night. The place has a perfect table for playing games like this. We sat six at the table (bringing in 2 extra chairs from outside). there were also some board games at the house that allowed for some additional options.
7) GO GRAB THE SUNDAY BRUNCH AT THE GUNTERSVILLE STATE LODGE... you're not going to want to miss the views from the front patio, and the buffet has a great selection of food.
Perfect place for a perfect weekend!
We wanted a relaxing family getaway and that is exactly what we received. The kids even put the cell phones away and enjoyed nature. We went fishing in the beautiful lake and even caught a few fish. There is hiking at the state park and Cathedral Caverns is nearby, all within 15 minutes away. There are plenty areas to picnic. Everything was clean.
Everything was exactly as described. I loved the interior of the cabin. It had a very cozy, make yourself at home, atmosphere. Everything was well maintained and very clean. The cabin had practically everything we needed (towels, bed linens, plenty of cookware). The owner (Scott) seems to go the extra mile to make sure his guests are as comfortable as possible. As he states in the description, the driveway fits 2 cars. We brought a boat and the parking was a little tight, but there is a small gravel spot next to the drive that we were able to back the boat into fairly easily. I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a peaceful little getaway.
Well what can one say, we spent three night and three days and I would say it was very relaxing, quite, peaceful and tranqul. It was a good time and the cabin comes with all you need just add food and beverage and you are set. We all loved the tin roof both outside and inside, it came a early morning rain and you talking about sleep wow. Scott the owner is a great host and everything was ready when we got there. All I could warn anybody to do before coming and that is wear good shoes for the cabin is on a hill as most all cabin on a lake is, but I wore the wrong shoes (flip flops). We have plans to come again hopefully in the fall.
Thanks Scott for allowing us the opportunity to use your great place and allowing it at a great affordable price. By the way hope you dont mind we donated a addition to your fishing net on the wall a vintage fishing lure.
Camp Run-A-Muck was the perfect cabin for my husband and I to celebrate our birthdays. We fished early morning and late evening. It was nice to have a place to stay in between fishing. The gas grill was wonderful to grill our "lupper" on. Scott was so great to work with. We will be staying at Camp Run-A-Muck again.
This cabin is great! It was very clean, the A/C worked wonderfully and we loved the decorations! The kitchen was fully stocked which was a serious plus. Everything was as described and even better than we could've imagined. We really enjoyed the smart tv also. Love being able to watch Netflix. :) The only drawback was that you can't fish directly on location but you're not far from some good spots! I guess you can fish on location it was just super shallow and grassy. We loved the place and Scott was a pleasure to deal with. Very quick to respond and super nice.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.