Fantastic private lakeview getaway! Not a cabin in sight from this romantic one bedroom getaway! The view from the covered deck/porch, in the hot tub, overlooking Lake Nantahala is inspiring! You and your loved one will have the time of your life! You can swim,fish, tie up your boat at our private lake area and you can also rent a pontoon boat for a relaxing time on the lake!
Secluded on seven acres yet within walking distance to restaurant, general store, lake, and pontoon boat! One-of-a-kind property.
We had a wonderful time at this cozy cabin in the woods. We went expecting to see beautiful fall colors....and we did, for one day. It snowed our first night there and it was a winter wonderland the next day. Just enough snow to be beautiful, and not impede our traveling around. Thank you for your care of this delightful cabin and at such a reasonable rate. We are thinking it would be a nice retreat this summer so we can get out on the lake.
Last year we rented a different cabin from this owner and enjoyed our week at Nantahala Lake and returned this year for vacation. I've got quite the list of demands in a cabin because I'm not used to "roughing it" and don't plan to learn how to do that on vacation or it could not be defined as "vacation". This place has everything I need for a week in the woods:
- Water. It's filtered well water that doesn't taste rusty! The hot water heater works well too and you can have a nice hot shower any time you like.
- High quality king size bed. Night after night my wife and I got the best rest we've had in a looooong time. You'll agree.
- Complete/Updated kitchen: All the big appliances are new and work well and are super clean. The kitchen has all the stuff you need too and it's not cheap cookware. There's even a mixer for making pancake and cake batter (I do a lot of cooking and baking on vacation because there's time to do it slowly for fun!)
- Rocking Chairs: Two very comfy rocking chairs sit on the deck overlooking the lake and the chimnea (for deckside fires when it's cool at night). Smores anyone?
- Hot tub: Nice tub that is properly maintained and cranks right up to 100+ degrees!
- High speed internet/dish TV: We were able to stay connected with the world AND stream some movies to my iPad in the evenings. It was also good to be able to watch CNN now and then to make sure we weren't missing something monumental.
- Friendly caretaker: As others have commented, the property caretaker (Dave) is a super nice guy and will help you if you have questions about the area or anything else for that matter.
We spent our days driving around to enjoy the fall leaves, walking by the lake, fishing, and taking in the beauty of this area of our wonderful America. Our evenings were spent on the deck enjoying a fire in the chimnea and using our telescope to look at the zillions of stars in the sky (borrow one if you don't own one and bring it with you. It's the perfect spot for sky gazing!).
I hesitate to write such an amazing review of this property for fear it will only serve to book it up solid when I want to go back, but I'll post it anyway. If you rent here, you will not be disappointed. It's a clean, well cared for cabin that has everything you need to enjoy some time away from the hustle bustle of your world.
What a wonderful vacation we had in this cozy cabin! The views were breathtaking. The cabin was very clean. We spent most of our time outside sitting by the chiminea and listening to the quiet. Location was perfect, the marina was nearby for lunch and boat rental. We went to NOC and did ziplining, white water rafting and went horseback riding at the Nantahala Riding Stables. One week was not long enough. The cabin was secluded and had everything you needed and we felt right at home. We are hoping to return in April and hoping to stay in this same cabin. Thank you Alex!
Our trip started with our vehicle breaking down once in the driveway, not to worry, Dave the property overseer was right on the spot and went out of his way to be sure we were repaired and enjoying our mini vacation. Once we were able to concentrate on our vacation this was the best relaxing place you could be. Very clean, well maintained and having stayed in the area before, we must say the best views we have seen. Biggest concern going anywhere is the comfort of the bed, this was a very pleasant surprise and must say slept with no issues at all. Everything is close, went and did the sightseeing thing through Murphey and Bryson City. Quaint little towns. Only downside of the trip was no one had told the fish that we were coming so they didn't jump on the hooks, LOL Great place be sure to put this one on top of your must go to list.
This vacation was nothing short of incredible. Everything about the cabin was perfect. The owner is a genuinely great guy. Loved canoeing or just hanging in the hot tub looking at the gorgeous view of the mountain. I will definitely be back. Don't question visiting this beautiful cabin tucked away in the mountain you'll love every second of it.
The price is unbelievable. The land is being reconstructed but now is the time to rent. Lots of seclusion, amazing covered porch, beautiful interior, cute country diner-marina at end of street, and large canoes with personal dock. In a short distance we reached an island with hike to a view/bald and later canoed into a cove with a small waterfall/swimming area.