Berkeley House Rental Photos and Description
3 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, sleeps 8 comfortably - room for more!
Located for quick access to everything in the Bay Area: near North Berkeley BART (quick ride to San Francisco, San Jose, most major Bay Area locations), near UC Berkeley, Monterey Market (best fresh produce in the bay, where the chefs shop), many gourmet restaurants, and other hot spots. Easy access to all major forms of transport but just in case you change your mind, an Enterprise car rental agency is within quick walking distance.
Best value for your dollar in the Bay area.
Free wifi, phone, Wii game system, 42' TV, various supplies for your work and play including several bikes and helmets, including kid's bikes.
Hardwood floors throughout, tourist travel guides supplied, washer, dryer, ironing board and iron.
Home is ideal for meals. Dining room with executive size 8+ seater large table or a comfortable table for smaller groups at the end of a long day. All modern supplies needed for cooking healthy meals. A breakfast table in the kitchen allows for comfortable morning meals.
Master King bed private oasis in back, second bedroom with a Full bed (can sleep 1 or 2 comfortably), third bedroom with two bunkbeds (can sleep 4 with 2 in upper bunks and 2 on twin beds below). There are also two air mattresses available to use.
If you are considering booking for 2014, a few details:
* Usually the home is booked far in advance for Thanksgiving and Christmas. If you are looking for a home during the holidays, grab this one before it gets booked like usual.
* If you haven't seen Berkeley over Halloween, come check it out! While the street this house is on is quiet (maybe one or two trick-or-treaters if you're home) about 12 blocks away is an amazing neighborhood that does over-the-top decorations. Over the years we've seen a real historical cannon that shot candy into the air, raining it down on the tirck-or-treaters, as well as several walk-through haunted houses, all just part of the friendly neighborhood fun.
* Book New Year's far in advance and see the San Francisco fireworks, a must see on many people's bucket lists.
Remember, Berkeley usually has comfortable weather during the winter, so relax and enjoy your vacation using this home as a landing spot.
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
- pets considered
- Events Allowed
- children welcome
- wheelchair inaccessible
- non smoking only
- Long-term Renters Welcome
Guestbook comments from the owner
From Trevor Moore, an Olympic athlete competing in sailing:
"Our time at your home was perfect in every way. Thank you very much. Thank you so much for your email. As Olympic athletes it is great to know fellow enthusiasts are passing along our story."
Go to storckmooresailing.com to read more about this particular Olympic athlete. We will be cheering for him!
--Malmrose family, owners of the home
Hi, I'm Cathy. My family and I have lived all over: several states on the west coast, New Zealand, several European countries and we've visited 30+ more great hot spots on the map, mostly for work. Plus, we love traveling. As of 2009, my husband and I now both work remotely. We can live anywhere but wanted to keep our CA party pad so thank goodness for HomeAway and VRBO! We love the location and have many good friends in Berkeley and throughout the Bay Area. We're fun-loving, nomadic explorers and we're grateful for all the people who have come to Berkeley to enjoy the area like we have. So much to explore!
My husband and I purchased this Berkeley home in 2005-2006 when we needed convenient access to *everything*. We had 4 kids going to 4 different schools and both of us commuting: me all over the Bay area (SF, San Mateo, Palo Alto in particular) and my husband with a daily commute to Emeryville. None of us like commuting. We want to get where we're going then play! There is so much to explore in the Bay Area and we loved the convenience. The houses in the Berkeley hills have pretty views, but it takes longer to get to them and convenience took a higher priority.
We wanted a place that was big enough for all of us, with space for sleepovers for the kids and a massive kitchen since homecooked food can be so healthy and good. One of this house's best features is its large kitchen and central, large dining room, great for family meals. The house was everything we needed plus more.
The large kitchen is what attracts most people to this house. Being able to cook your own food is excellent for this particular area because:
1. If your budget is tight, cooking a few meals in-house can slice significant money off your budget!
2. There are several superb, unique grocery stores nearby, including a fresh produce market, Monterey Market, that has some of the best produce in the world. Having a great kitchen helps you take full advantage of it.
Also, compared to other rentals in the area, this home is perfectly located -- it's close to the freeway, but several blocks away so it's in a family neighborhood. It's less than 10 blocks from the main freeway whereas many rental houses are 25 to 35 blocks (or more) across town. When you're vacationing, the last thing you want to do is commute. It's why we bought it -- we wanted to spend our days relaxing and playing with the kids (not driving). The public transit and easy walking around town made this home ideal.