*We have on-site parking available at this property for a fee of $10 per night (subject to availability). Guests are required to indicate if they will need on-site parking before they make a reservation.
The Bird House is a delightful first floor private studio apartment in the heart of The Palisades Village neighborhood of Washington, DC. This tastefully decorated studio is newly furnished with a queen bed and a modern sofa that folds flat to a second double bed. The studio can accommodate up to 3 adults, or 2 adults and 2 children.
The studio has its own patio where you can sit and enjoy your morning coffee or an evening glass of wine after a day exploring the cultural riches of the city. Located in the safest neighborhood in Washington, DC.
* Off-street street parking space at your front door ($10 per night)
* Full kitchen with dishwasher.
* Private entrance and screened patio.
* Washer/dryer (with laundry soap) in the studio.
* WIFI, HDTV with full cable.
C. NEIGHBORHOOD AMENITIES:
* The safest neighborhood in Washington, DC.
* ½ block from the D5/D6 MetroBus stop that will take you to The National Mall and all other interesting sights in the city.
* A variety of restaurants (some really superb!), Starbucks Coffee, banks, Post Office, dry cleaners, UPS Store, market, and pharmacy are located on your block.
* 5 blocks to Safeway (large grocery store), CVS (large drug store and pharmacy), superb wine store, superb fish market, churches, excellent restaurants, cafes and markets, more restaurants and Sunday Farmers Market.
* 3 blocks to Battery-Kemble National Park hiking trails and the trail to the Potomac River, C&O Canal and Fletcher's Boathouse.
* 2 blocks to Palisades Park and Recreation with tennis courts, playing field, basketball court, astro-turf field, enclosed children's playground with climbing structures, sand box and swings.
Located on the D5/D6 bus lines (corner MacArthur Blvd NW and Dana Place, NW…1/2 block away) which will take you on a beautiful ride through historic Georgetown, DuPont Circle, Foggy Bottom, The World Bank, The White House, Downtown, The National Mall, Penn Quarter, Metro Center, Union Station and The Capital Building, i.e. everything that you would want to see! Grab a Starbucks, sit back and relax while you enjoy the best $1.70 ride through some of the most interesting and beautiful neighborhoods in the city! For further information on public transit please visit Washington Metro Area Transit Authority's (WMATA) website. Go to 'Trip Planner' to find the travel options between your desired destination and our house.
E. IDEAL AND IDYLLIC LOCATION:
* Limitless free cultural options. You are a mere 20 minute drive by car to The National Mall with its memorials, monuments, gardens, open spaces and 21 Smithsonian museums. It’s also just a 15 minute drive to the Kennedy Center (free performance every night at 6pm!).
* Approximately 2 miles to American University, Georgetown, Georgetown University, and the French and German Embassies.
F. CUSTOMER REVIEW
Karen – “My husband and I stayed in the Birdhouse for a week long getaway. We enjoyed the quiet and picturesque location of this apartment. The bus and subway system were easy and convenient to navigate from there. I was very impressed with the communication we received from Charlotte and the host prior and during our visit. We felt very well taken care of and comfortable in our home away from home.”
May 2013, Stayed at The Bird House
Gregory – “The birdhouse was great! It is close to everything you need, yet far enough away to feel comfortable and at home. Mattias was helpful and a fantastic host. Any time we had a question we sent him a text and soon we had an answer or help. Any time we wanted to see museums, take a tour, go to the flea market, etc. we jumped on the D6 bus and in no time we were there. And if we didn't feel like going downtown we could walk to a number of shops, restaurants, hiking trails, or parks in the neighborhood.”
My business is LUXbnb, we offer short-stay properties in wonderful neighborhoods in Northwest Washington including those areas in high demand by visitors, i.e. DuPont Circle, Georgetown, Palisades and Capitol Hill. You can view some of our other studios and homes for stays from 4 nights up to 8 months; see HomeAway # 914007, 3495967, 3495973, 3495995, 3495973, 3496279, 3496282, 3496283 and 3496278 for details. Let us know your travel plans and we will find the best fit for your needs. Be generous and share the knowledge of LUXbnb, your source for short-stay rentals in Washington, with your friends, family and colleagues.
Our latest addition are vacation properties for Washingtonians. See the Washington Vacations section on our website for homes in the nearby mountains. Take a few days away from the bustle of the city to explore our bucolic countryside little changed over the past 2 to 3 centuries. Visit wineries and orchards, significant Civil War battlefields and historic towns, hike the Apalachian Trail or follow in the footsteps of our founding fathers by visiting their homes. There is plenty to do that beckons you to leave the city for a weekend or a week.
A bit about me...I am a former Californian who, after 12 years in DC, is now an honorary Washington native. Being well traveled both domestically and internationally has given me a great appreciation for the enrichment contact with others brings to our experience. I am well-versed on the 'must-see' sights, monuments and museums of our culturally rich city, along with the unique experiences your find only in Washington. We share that insight with our guests in our property Welcome Guides which we send upon confirmation.
We very much enjoy hosting visitors to our Nation's Capital and ensuring that they are able to make the most of their visit.
Your short-stay source in Washington.
You’ll enjoy a carefree, personalized stay in Washington, DC all expertly guided from your first inquiry to your departure by LUXbnb. Our client-services staff is available 7 days a week to answer questions and resolve any issues. LUXbnb takes care of the details so you can create the travel experience YOU envision in the DC neighborhood of your choice! “LUXbnb, Your source for short-term rentals in Washington, DC.”
Our apartment is located at 5139 MacArthur Blvd in NW Washington, DC on the Potomac River. Our wonderful location offers travelers the best of both worlds. You are close in to the center of Washington, Historic Georgetown is 10 minutes away, The Kennedy Center and K Street Corridor are a mere 15 minutes away, you can reach the west end of the National Mall in 20 minutes. A downtown bus, the D6 and D5 Express, stop just out front and will take you to Downtown, The National Mall, White House, US Capitol Building and Union Station.
Yet when you desire a break from sightseeing or work you will find within walking distance the boathouse where you can rent a kyak or rowboat, or you can bike/walk the C&O Canal towpath, or loose yourself on a forest trail in a national park. Your location in Palisades Village offers all the amenities and conveniences you could want: a variety of restaurants, some of which are considered top in the city, grocery store, pharmacy, banks, cleaners, fine wines, coffee shops, gourmet foods to go, park and recreation center, library, parks, playgrounds and shops.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event||Minimum Stay|
Mar 2 2014 - May 31 2014
|Notes: Rates are based on 2 guests; add $10 per night, per additional guest|
My Standard Rate
|Notes: Rates are based on 2 guests; add $10 per night, per additional guest|
|Administration Fee||$38.02 + Tax|
|1. Contact us for stays of 21 - 31 days and we will apply a lower monthly rate.
2. Dates not available? Contact us, we will have other properties to offer.
3. All reasonable rate offers considered.
4. All rentals of < 90 days are subject to DC Sales & Use Tax of 14.5%
5. Rates subject to change until a reservation is confirmed.
6. We have over 30 properties, see them all at www.LUXbnb.com.
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay. Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
Learn more about this vacation rental at the manager's website: