The Bird House is a delightful first floor private studio apartment in the heart of The Palisades Village neighborhood of Washington, DC. This tastefully decorated studio is newly furnished with a queen bed and a modern sofa that folds flat to a second double bed. The studio can accommodate up to 3 adults, or 2 adults and 2 children. We have 4 apartments in this converted townhome and can accommodate families or parties of up to 13 guests. See all four listings at #914007, #3495995, #3496278 and #3495967.
Unique amenities include full kitchen with dishwasher, sitting area for working and dining, private parking space and a washer/dryer. The studio has its own patio where you can sit and enjoy your morning coffee or an evening glass of wine after a day exploring the cultural riches of the city. Located in the safest neighborhood in Washington, DC.
* Private off-street street parking space at your front door.
* Full kitchen.
* Private entrance and furnished patio.
* Washer/dryer (with laundry soap) in the studio.
* Free WIFI.
Rate includes parking, cleaning, utilities and laundry facilities.
* The safest neighborhood in Washington, DC.
* ½ block from the D5/D6 MetroBus stop that will take you to The National Mall and all other interesting sights in the city.
* A variety of restaurants (some really superb!), Starbucks Coffee, banks, Post Office, dry cleaners, UPS Store, market, and pharmacy are located on your block.
* 5 blocks to Safeway (large grocery store), CVS (large drug store and pharmacy), superb wine store, superb fish market, churches, excellent restaurants, cafes and markets, more restaurants and Sunday Farmers Market.
* 3 blocks to Battery-Kemble National Park hiking trails and the trail to the Potomac River, C&O Canal and Fletcher's Boathouse.
* 2 blocks to Palisades Park and Recreation with tennis courts, playing field, basketball court, astro-turf field, enclosed children's playground with climbing structures, sand box and swings.
Located on the D5/D6 bus lines (corner MacArthur Blvd NW and Dana Place, NW…1/2 block away) which will take you on a beautiful ride through historic Georgetown, DuPont Circle, Foggy Bottom, The World Bank, The White House, Downtown, The National Mall, Penn Quarter, Metro Center, Union Station and The Capital Building, i.e. everything that you would want to see! Grab a Starbucks, sit back and relax while you enjoy the best $1.70 ride through some of the most interesting and beautiful neighborhoods in the city! For further information on public transit please visit Washington Metro Area Transit Authority's (WMATA) website. Go to 'Trip Planner' to find the travel options between your desired destination and our house.
IDEAL AND IDYLLIC LOCATION:
* Quiet, safe, location in the Palisades Village just steps away from a wonderful variety of restaurants, take-out, coffee shops, pizza, post office, banks, dry cleaners and other conveniences. Just 5 blocks from the apartment, in the heart of Palisades Village, you’ll find a marvelous fish market, upscale wine store, a variety of restaurants and gourmet take-out, Sunday Farmer’s Market, Safeway, CVS and community library.
* Limitless free cultural options. You are a mere 20 minute drive by car to The National Mall with its memorials, monuments, gardens, open spaces and Smithsonian museums. It’s a also just a 15 minute drive to the Kennedy Center (free performance every night at 6pm!).
* An outdoor lover’s paradise close in to the city. The apartment is 2 ½ blocks to Battery-Kemble National Park. From there you can walk/hike to Fletcher’s Boat House (rent canoes, kayaks, row boats, bicycles), the Potomac River, C&O Canal and tow path, and Capital Crescent Bike Trail.
* Approximately 2 miles to American University, Georgetown, Georgetown University, and the French and German Embassies.