Welcome to OceanVista Bonaire! An absolutely stunning view and fabulous accommodation awaits you. You will marvel at the view over the beautiful turquoise and blue sea, the quaint seaport of Kralendijk, the quiet secluded island of Klein Bonaire, and the northern vista to scenic and rugged Washington Slagbaai National Park. OceanVista is one of 4 penthouse units located in the small, quiet, Port Bonaire Resort.
The bright, sunny 2 bedroom (plus) affords superb privacy, located on the top floor of the Dutch-styled building. There is nothing quite like relaxing on the balcony after a long day of diving or snorkeling. Although waking up, pouring a cup of coffee and meandering out on the balcony to see dolphins arching across the water while a cruise ship passes by to port in Kralendijk is not too bad either!
We have traveled all over the Caribbean for many years, always with the dream/goal of buying our own place on the water. We love to snorkel, hike, go boating, bicycle, and relax on the beach. When we finally ticked off Bonaire on our list of places to visit, we immediately knew we had found our second home. During several visits we searched for the perfect place, and finally found it. We bought our little gem, OceanScape Bonaire, in early 2008, and in late summer 2010 we could not resist the opportunity to purchase OceanVista, our fabulous penthouse.
What makes it so great? Be sure to read about 'Unique Benefits at this Condo' further down the page in the 'Map and Owner's Profile' section.
When you walk through the door into your condo, you will pass through the archway into an open great room that includes the kitchen and living room, a spacious area with a 20 ft. vaulted ceiling adding an open, airy feeling and from almost anywhere in the room, a broad sweeping view across the sea. New,tasteful tropical décor puts you in the mood for your restful vacation.
There is an electronic security alarm system on the condo for your peace of mind.
The living room area includes new Caribbean contemporary furnishings, a 37' flat panel LCD TV, Blu-ray / DVD player, and stereo with IPod docking station. A secured DSL line to use with provided Ethernet cable or wireless with the access code we will provide to you.
The kitchen is loaded with all you need (really, I like to cook!). Modern fridge, oven and ceramic cook top, microwave oven, dishwasher, coffeemaker, toaster, blender and electric kettle. We even provide a crockpot! Granite countertops offer plenty of workspace if you feel like cooking and enjoying a meal on the privacy of your own balcony. Smokey Joe grill if you want to BBQ.
Dining on the balcony on the large teak table is such a treat! Whatever you have prepared, it can't taste bad with THIS view. If you wish to dine inside (????) you have a nice kitchen bar and a small bistro table to suit your needs or mood at the time. For a special treat, light some candles and dine al fresco at night on the balcony. The light show from the pool (add a bottle of wine) will stir your senses....just try it.
The master bedroom has a private bath with large walk-in shower. Memory foam-topped, comfy king-size bed, plenty of fluffy pillows, nice sized closet and dresser and 32' flat screen TV with Blu-ray player . This bedroom, with a view from the bedroom windows that will make you cry when you have to leave, opens onto the large, main balcony overlooking the pool, and a magnificent view of the sea, Klein Bonaire, and the entire western shoreline of the island.
The second bedroom is just a gem. Two beds with memory foam toppers can be put together or kept separate. A private bath, roomy closet and large dresser, individually controlled a/c unit (or turn it off and open the window for a fabulous trade wind to caress your tropical dreams), and Sony Bravia 32' flat panel TV with Blu-ray player...quiet, delightful private retreat.
Upstairs, a roomy sleeping loft with two VERY comfortable twin beds that can be separated or put together and your own a/c to control as you wish. The loft can share the bath/toilet with the 2nd bedroom with a unique door and lock arrangement that maintains privacy for both parties.
A safe is available in the condo for your use.
Off the stairside balcony there is a laundry room with a washing machine and a drying rack.
Four beach chairs and a cooler provided.
Linens and towels provided.
A transformer-based, surge-protected charging station is provided for your recharging needs.
Secure DSL line for your internet access. Fast and reliable.
Air conditioning in each and every room, including livingroom and loft, all doors and windows have mosquito screens so whenever you wish, you can enjoy the beautiful trade winds.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Inquire and we will send you a link to many more pictures. This site will not permit us to post a link to our photo gallery
Keywords: Oceanfront, Vacation Rental, Condo, View
Vlad and I love the fantastic underwater world in Bonaire.
* Snorkel and dive directly in front of the condo. Easy ladder entry for you to use, steps away from your door, very short swim to 18th Palm or Windsock dive sites. Spectacular snorkeling and diving right in front of you. Dockside rinse tank, freshwater shower, and hanging hooks.
* Walk to beach. Donkey beach/Windsock is a few steps south of your condo through a secure access gate.
* Dive shop on site. Dive Friends runs a full operation on site.
* Close to the action. You are less than a 10 minute drive to the coveted south shore dive sites or windsurfing at Lac Bay, and 5 minutes to the center of Kralendijk.
* Easy access to the airport, rental cars, grocery, and a short walk to Plaza Resort, where you will find boat rental, water sports, tennis and restaurants. We don't even rent a car when we arrive. We roll our luggage across the street and get settled in, and then rent a car later when the crowds have died down at the car rental counters, or even the next day.(And don't worry, the airport is not noisy here - - it is much noisier at places a little further south in Belnem due to the orientation of the single runway)
* Top floor and the additional sense of security it brings, not to mention the enhanced view.
* Sunny, tropical décor and plenty of windows to open, or Air-Conditioning is available throughout.
* Large swimming pool right on the oceanfront. Plenty of lounge chairs.
* Beautiful tropical gardens full of butterflies and songbirds surround the small, peaceful complex of 26 units
If you are making the trip to Bonaire, you probably already know the main activities are scuba diving, snorkeling, swimming, windsurfing, kite surfing, fishing, biking, and hiking. Port Bonaire is constructed at the edge of a channel with a protective jetty in front, so entry to the sea is always calm and easy. Donkey Beach/Windsock, just next door, is one of the most popular beaches on the island. It can be accessed through a secure gate with coded lock. By making arrangements with Dive Friends (we can put you in touch with them directly), depending on what time you arrive on island, you very well may be able to do your dive orientation the same day your arrive.
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency () unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.