Bonaire Condo Rental Photos and Description
Condo, 1 Bedroom + Convertible bed(s), 1 Bath (Sleeps 2)
IMPORTANT NOTE FROM THE OWNER OF THIS PROPERTY: BE AWARE OF SCAMS! INQUIRE USING THE 'EMAIL OWNER' TAB ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE PAGE, OR CALL ME AT THE PHONE NUMBER LISTED. BE SURE YOU ARE COMMUNICATING ONLY WITH ME ABOUT THIS LISTING AND NO ONE ELSE - - SCAMMERS HAVE BEEN TRYING MAKE FAKE BOOKINGS USING MY PROPERTY NAME AND LISTING NUMBER.
Welcome to OceanScape Bonaire, your beautiful Bonaire oceanfront condo! You won't believe your eyes when you experience your fabulous view. Your condo is located in the small, quiet, Port Bonaire Resort, located just across the street from the airport. It is so oceanfront, we like to say you can 'spit in the ocean' from the balcony (but due to trade winds, it is not recommended!). The bright, sunny one bedroom condo affords superb privacy, located all the way at the end of the beautiful Dutch-styled building with a panoramic view across the ocean to Kralendijk, Klein Bonaire and the northern mountains of Washington Slaagbai Park. But just turn your head and you have the added bonus of a view across Donkey Beach and those gorgeous Bonaire sunsets to the West. That's right, since you are on the corner, you have a 270 degree view that cannot be surpassed. There is nothing quite like relaxing on the balcony after a long day of diving or snorkeling, glass of wine in hand, to watch the sunset into the ocean. Although waking up, pouring a cup of coffee and meandering out on the balcony to see dolphins arching across the water while a cruise ship passes by to port in Kralendijk is not too bad either!
We have traveled all over the Caribbean for many years, always with the dream/goal of buying our own place on the water. We love to snorkel, hike, go boating, bicycle, and relax on the beach. When we finally ticked off Bonaire on our list of places to visit, we immediately knew we had found our second home. We searched during several visits for the perfect place, and finally found it at Port Bonaire.
What makes it so great? It had all of these things that we were looking for and even more:
* Snorkel and dive directly in front of the condo. There is an easy ladder entry for you to use just steps away from your door, and it is a very short swim to 18th Palm or Windsock dive sites. Some of the most spectacular snorkeling and diving on the island is right in front of you. Dockside rinse tank, freshwater shower, and hanging hooks.
* Walk to the beach. Donkey beach/Windsock is a few steps south of your condo through a secure access gate.
* Dive shop on site. Dive Friends runs a full operation on site and that includes rinse area and lockers.
* Close to the action. You are less than a 10 minute drive to the coveted south shore dive sites or windsurfing at Lac Bay, and 5 minutes to the center of Kralendijk.
* Easy access to the airport, rental cars, grocery, and a short walk to Plaza Resort, just next door, where you will find boat rental, water sports, tennis and restaurants. We don't even rent a car when we arrive. We roll our luggage across the street and get settled in, and then rent a car later when the crowds have died down at the car rental counters, or even the next day to save a few bucks. (And don't worry, the airport is not noisy here - - it is much noisier at places a little further south in Belnem due to the orientation of the single runway)
* Second floor and the additional sense of security it brings, not to mention the enhanced view.
* Sunny, tropical décor and plenty of windows to open, or Air-Conditioning is available throughout.
* Swimming pool right on the oceanfront. Plenty of lounge chairs and an outdoor shower.
* Beautiful tropical gardens full of butterflies and songbirds surround the small, peaceful complex of 26 units.
When you open the door from your private stairway, you will turn through the archway into an open great room that includes the kitchen and living room which opens through a floor to ceiling glass wall onto the balcony. The vaulted ceiling adds an open, airy feel. Tropical décor puts you in the mood for your restful vacation.
There is an electronic security alarm system on the condo for your peace of mind.
The living room area includes a sofa sleeper and 40' flat panel LCD TV, Blu-ray / DVD player, and stereo with IPod docking station. A secured DSL line to use with provided Ethernet cable or wireless with the access code we will provide to you.
The kitchen is fully equipped (really, I like to cook!) with fridge, cook top, microwave/convection/grill oven, dishwasher, coffeemaker, toaster, blender and electric kettle. The granite countertops offer plenty of workspace if you feel like cooking and enjoying a meal on the privacy of your own balcony. You will also have a Smokey Joe grill if you want to BBQ.
The toilet and bath/shower are separated into two different rooms, each with its own vanity, as is common in European style. This is nice in case you are utilizing the sofa sleeper. The bathroom and toilet are separate from each other, and both are accessible without going into the bedroom.
The bedroom has a comfy queen-size bed, plenty of fluffy pillows, a nice sized closet and a 27' TV. French doors open onto a small balcony overlooking the garden. On this balcony are two hanging rods and 4 heavy duty dive equipment hangers for securely drying your gear.
A safe is available in the condo for your use.
And finally, off the large side balcony (yes, there are three!) there is a laundry room with a washing machine and a drying rack.
Two beach chairs and a cooler are provided.
Linens and towels are provided.
There is air conditioning throughout, but all doors and windows have mosquito screens so you can enjoy the beautiful trade winds if you wish.
Not suitable for children under 6 yrs.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you inquire, we will send you a link to many more pictures. This site will not permit us to post a link to our photo gallery.
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
About Connie Rubek
My husband and I love the beautiful underwater world surrounding Bonaire.
Connie Rubek purchased this condo in 2008
Why Connie Rubek chose Bonaire
Private location at the end of the building, gorgeous oceanfront setting, superb diving and snorkeling right in front, beach a few steps away, lovely well cared for complex with beautiful tropical gardens and large pool. Fabulous, convenient location.
What makes this condo unique
There are so many great things about our place. You will enjoy mid-island convenience to everything. With a Dive-Friends dive-shop at the end of our building, you can dive out front at two fabulous dive sites without ever leaving the property, or there are boat dives leaving from our dock each morning and afternoon. Gorgeous views. Exceptional convenience to the airport. You could even skip car rental for several days and save money. You can literally walk (a short walk at that) across the road to the airport. We do it all the time. And don't worry about airport noise. Due to the orientation of the single runway and the infrequent flight schedule, it truly is not a problem at our place at all.
Guestbook comments from the owner
Well, well, well,
Finally, after 36 reminders to self, I am making time to write. Thank you for sharing OceanScape with us... two weeks was not enough. Loved the snorkeling, caught lots of fish and rested a lot...it won’t be long before we plan another Bonaire. Mark was great. Bonefishing is a great Bonaire secret. OceanScape is perfect. Thanks, Bert and Estela