QUIET, LOVELY APT WITH EASY ACCESS TO ANYWHERE IN NYC VIA SUBWAY OR BUS!
We are offering this 1BR apartment in our 2 family brownstone to NYC visitors here for a short stay. We welcome couples, families and business travelers!
The fully furnished and immaculate 600 square foot apartment is on the garden level and has a separate private entrance. Enjoy recently finished hardwood floors and up-to-date furnishings! The apartment sleeps up to 4 adults on a Queen size bed with luxury Serta Beautyrest pillow-top mattress in the bedroom and queen size sleeper sofa in the living room with 5” memory foam mattress. See Amenities section for more information on what is provided in the apartment.
Maps, guidebooks and a list of our favorite NYC spots are available in the apartment but feel free to ask us for any personalized recommendations.
Why is renting our apartment different from most other short-term rentals in NYC?
1. Peace of mind - we can legally rent our apartment as a short-term vacation rental because our house is a 2-family private dwelling. Apartments in buildings that contain 3 or more apartments cannot be legally rented on a short-term basis (30 days or less) in NYC.
2. We live on the property. While the apartment is a separate unit with a private entrance, we live upstairs. If you have any questions, concerns or issues, we can address it right away and most of the time, in person.
3. We provide all of our guests with an information packet with valuable neighborhood and NYC information and can assist with any requests they may have.
4. We love to travel and know what is important to our guests. We professionally clean our apartment between guests and make sure everything possible is provided for our guests comfort.
We hope you will enjoy our city and apartment!
Dining and Shopping : We are located in a prime area of central Harlem on West 127 St. between 5th & Lenox Avenues just 2 short blocks from the 125 St. retail/business district. The famous Sylvia’s soul food restaurant is literally around the corner. Down the block is one of the hottest restaurants in NYC, Red Rooster, owned by celebrity chef Marcus Samuelson and the venue for President Obama’s fundraisers. Chez Lucienne, a friendly neighborhood bistro is on the same block. The latest addition is Corner Social, a casual bar & restaurant with a lively atmosphere. All 4 restaurants offer sidewalk café seating during the warmer months. If a sit down dinner is not an option, there are endless choices including the many local delis or Soul Food Buffet & Salad Bars. For those of you that want to prepare your own meals, Olive Market, a gourmet market, & Pioneer are only 3 blocks away. Retail shopping on 125 St. includes Marshall’s (Designer/Brand name discounter) , H&M, DSW Shoe Outlet, Old Navy, American Apparel, Gap Outlet, Nine West Outlet, Body Shop, & Footlocker/House of Hoops.
Arts & Culture: Culture abounds in Harlem. Just within a 5 minute walking radius, we have so much to offer:
- The world famous Apollo theatre
- The Studio Museum, the nexus for artists of African descent and for work inspired and influenced by African-American culture
- Jazz clubs such as Showman's, Londel's, Cotton Club & the newly opened Minton's.
- Shrine, world music venue, offers live music every day of the week.
- The Maysles Independent Cinema owned by the filmmaker Albert Maysles (best known for Grey Gardens) and the only independent film house north of Lincoln Center is dedicated to the exclusive exhibition of documentary films.