Exactly as Advertised – Only Better
First-time visitors to St. George Island, we rented Eagle's Rest sight unseen, relying entirely on the VRBO info provided by the Townsons. We found everything about their home and surroundings to be exactly as described. Here are some of the reasons we're planning a return visit:
• Eagle's Rest is tastefully decorated, and functionally equipped for longer stays; the owners and management seem to have thought of everything.
• It's in a very pretty setting, with direct Gulf views to the south and wooded views to the other three sides. Situated near the far end of the Plantation, it's more private and quieter. Only a short walk down the beach to the Cut for sunsets, wildlife viewing and fishing action.
• The Plantation has superb common facilities: clubhouse, swimming pool, tennis courts, exercise room, miles of paved and unpaved trails. Your own little world.
• It takes all of twelve minutes to drive from Eagle's Rest to the center of town (groceries, restaurants, gas, lighthouse, etc.) and another ten minutes to get to Apalachicola, one of the friendliest, most charming small towns we've ever visited.
• There are plenty of other attractions and places of interest around the region, too many for one vacation. More reasons to come right back...
Families with Teenagers,
Families with Young Children,
Did you find this review helpful?