Dolphin Watch is located in prestigious Truman Annex and is one of the few private waterfront homes. We are less than two blocks from Duval Street and beautiful Mallory Square sunsets. You can also see the sunset from your own private balcony! Walking distance to famous Fort Zachary State Park and Beach. The living area, master bedroom, bath, and kitchen are located on the second floor where you can enjoy the fantastic view of the harbour and sunsets. Downstairs offers 3 bedrooms/2 baths and leads outside to the large private pool.
Keywords: waterfront, private home
Love the Truman Annex area and the terrific weather year round in Key West
Walking distance to Duval Street, Mallory Square and Fort Zachary Beach.
This rental was perfect for our girls weekend get-away. The location can't be beat - just blocks to Duval St, the Southernmost point, and the sunset celebration. This wonderful, quaint house is tucked away in the back of Eaton St. It is a quiet and serene location which makes it perfect to come home to and hang out in after venturing out. The view of the water is spectacular. We drank coffee on the back patio every morning and watched the cruise ships come in. The pool was small, but a great location during windy times. The fence and landscaping protected the area so we could enjoy they sun. The house was clean and the kitchen was well equipped for cooking when we decided to make meals at the house. Carport also a great feature - nice not to have to worry about parking. It was nice to be so close to everything and be in the gated Truman Annex- very safe feeling. 3 bedrooms and 2 baths on lower level were great. Climbing stairs required for upper level living area and master bedroom would not make this ideal for anyone unable to navigate stairs daily. This is a great rental for a girls get-away weekend or for a family with teens. Location....Location.....Location...ideal!
- Upstairs bedroom very comfortable with terrific views through the living room
- View from living room and balcony are the same (beautiful).
- Neighborhood is quiet and pretty
- Pool is visually private, but you can clearly hear conversation from the one next door
- Downstairs is more like a basement than a first floor. No view, shabby conditions with broken trim pieces, no closet in one or any place else to hang clothes. Shutters would not stay closed. No thermostat.
- Getting the rental office on the phone takes numerous attempts and lots of patience. Often greeted with “this mailbox is full”.
- Some faucets had to be cleaned (by us) to get sufficient water flow.
- Had to go buy soap and toilette paper after a couple of days.
- Left an item in the house. Told the rental office about it the next day, and after repeated follow up calls and e-mails, we’ve yet to get a response after over a week.
This was my umpteenth vacation in Key West and I have rented and stayed in some wonderful houses and hotels. This by far was the best rental property I have stayed in. The pictures do not do it justice. The location is fabulous. The house was just as described. I've not been to Key West in July before, but that is a whole subject on to itself. The house was a joy to come back to after any venture out. The weather was so hot and humid that there were times we preferred to stay inside with the central air conditioning. The pool is not large, but it was more than adequate and it was used extensively. The open plan living space is well laid out and being on the upper floor, it allowed super views of the water, cruise ships and sunsets. Who needed Mallory Square? The management company was great to work with and I look forward to working with them again. Probably not in July!