Beach Front Condo location is right on the water on Maui's pristine West Coast with gorgeous panoramic views of the Pacific Ocean and the lovely off-shore islands of Molokai and Lanai. Beautiful Beach just steps away. Luxurious ground floor condo opens onto patio right on the ocean. Beautiful accommodations await you in our King bedded, ocean front, beautifully appointed condo with tropical design. Additional lovely pillow top Queen sofa bed lets the gentle surf lure you to sleep. Fully stocked kitchen and veranda dining await you. While you are here, you can explore the amazing sea life in the private snorkel cove and we are located on the Au'Au Channel where the Humpback Whales have their babies and feed throughout the winter...incredible sightings right off the patio. Play tennis in our regulation tennis courts, or relax beachside or poolside.
Ocean front with large, heated swimming pool, golden sand beach in front, and private snorkeling cove with ocean ladder right outside the door. Beautiful tropical garden landscape, tennis courts, ocean front barbecues and high speed internet are all here. Wonderful restaurants; including Roy's are within walking distance.
The condo was exactly as described. It was clean and the Kuleana property was beautifully landscaped. We stayed at Westin Ocean Resort Villas before moving over moving a couple miles north to stay at this condo. We have also stayed at the Royal Lahaina in the past. We felt this property was a superior value to staying at the hi end resorts in Kannapalli beach area in every aspect.
The condo was right on the ocean and had a private beach. No wandering hallways and riding elevators endlessly to get to the beach or to your car. Our vehicle was only 20 seconds away. No worrying about valet parking and tipping every other employee to just get towels or a drink. We even had to rent beach chairs at the resort. In contrast everything we needed was provided for at the condo with no waiting or tipping! This made for a more relaxing experience and one in which we felt were in more control.
The lanai was very private and had a postcard view of the ocean and outlining Islands. Occasionally other residents would walk between us in the lanai and the ocean, but everyone seemed to respect each others privacy and focused their attention on the beach and the ocean.
As noted by others the condo is small, but functional and well maintained. I would not recommend more than two people unless you are all easy going types and get along very well.
The pool was a nice surprise as it was Olympic size and up to 8 feet deep at the deep end. Even though the hi priced resorts have beautiful large pools they seem to all be no deeper than 3 or 4 feet. Because of the pool depth, I enjoyed this pool better even though one cannot see the ocean from the pool.
The location had easy access from the highway and had numerous small shopping centers located within minutes. Other great snorkel and swimming beaches were minutes away, also within walking distance.
We would definitely recommend this unit and hope to return in the future.
Our vacation was fabulous. The site was wonderful and our condo was perfect. The location couldn't have been better, only a few minutes drive to many beaches. We made coffee every morning and sat on the patio and watched the whales jump out of the water. The condo had everything we needed...no need to bring anything but your sunglasses, swimsuit, shorts and tanks. I would definitely recommend this place!
My husband and I stayed at Kuleana October 25 to November 2, 2014. This was our second time to Maui. We wanted something that was right by the ocean/beach, and easy access to go wherever we wanted to go during our vacation. We also wanted a quieter spot away from the resorts, but still have the conveniences of being close to everything. Kuleana was the PERFECT spot. We loved waking up every morning grabbing a coffee and walk out a few feet to sit and watch the crashing ocean waves, or do the same but with a glass of wine watching the sunset. The one day where the water was calm, this was the best snorkel spot! Saw our first turtles up close and personal :) We could walk anywhere we wanted, the little farmers market maybe 10 min up the road was a favorite spot! It was a perfect location for my morning runs. The condo itself was fairly well equipped, one extra that might have been nice was place mats to use on the table on the lanai. We cooked quite a few meals at the condo, so if I had 1 'complaint' it would be the small kitchen. We cooked pretty basic meals, but the lack of counter space made it somewhat difficult for prepping meals. It would be nice if there was an island like we noticed in a few other condos in the complex. This really was a minor detail, just a preference. The owners were wonderful to work with as they were very responsive to any questions we had. We had an absolutely amazing stay in Maui - we look forward to our next visit!!
We enjoyed our time in this condo. It was a good place to call home base for the 5 days we were on this side of the island. Overall the space was good for my husband and I and worked well for us. If the patio furniture was nicer I'd have rated this 5 stars.
- Great little beach! Mostly empty most days. There were never more than a handful of people there. It was amazing to just lay and read on the beach for hours on end.
- Great big pool with plenty of lounge chairs.
- A/C in the bedroom! Small unit in the bedroom. Kept us cool while sleeping.
- Fully stocked (utensils/cookware) Kitchen with a dishwasher.
- Boogie boards, pool noodles, snorkel gear, coolers, etc. in the closet for guests to use!
- Close to many food and shopping areas.
- No A/C in the living room/kitchen area.
- No Hot Tub that we could find on the property.
- The patio furniture leaves quite a bit to be desired and could be replaced at some point in the near future since the view is so amazing from the lanai. That was probably my biggest disappointment was not having nice patio furniture to enjoy the lanai. One of the chairs falls forward when you sit in it so much so that I spilled my coffee when I first sat down the first time but it's still usable.
- Older property (but well maintained overall).
- TV in the front room didn't work while we were there. Housekeeper suggested that something got unhooked but we couldn't find anything unplugged. Not a huge deal for us as we don't watch much TV. We were able to use the small TV in the bedroom for the one or two shows we watched.
- You only get one parking pass per condo with no exceptions. We rented a motorcycle for two nights in addition to our rental car and we ended up taking the motorcycle back a day early without a refund because we had no place to park it without chancing a ticket (first night they'll give you a warning for no parking pass).
Great, quiet condo in a nicely kept building on a perfect beach...what else do you need? The condo has everything you need in a good location that's a short drive to stores and 15" to Lahaina. I'd happily stay here again.
Loved this condo!!! We had the most relaxing holiday thanks to our stay! It is quiet and you pretty much have the beach to yourself to watch spinner dolphins, whales and turtles!! If you are looking for a place that you can unwind but is very close to restaurants, look no further!!
Great condo with updates. Could use a few more towels in the unit.Will use it again. Photos are accurate. Property is very well maintained
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
1 night minimum stay
Dec 15 - May 14
1 night minimum stay
|Cleaning on stays under 7 days||$125 + Tax|
|Refundable damage deposit||$300|
|Additional guest > 2 = $10.00/night||$0.01 + Tax|