Tollcross Apartment Rental Photos and Description
Apartment, 2 Bedrooms, 2 Baths, (Sleeps 4)
We don't just rent our apartment, we share our knowledge to help you get the best out of your visit to Edinburgh.
Please use the Owner's Website link below to visit our website and get more information than we can share here.
####### 2014 Guest Comments ######
“This apartment was way beyond what we expected, if we didn't have sightseeing planned I would have been very content to just relax in the apartment. The apartment is very centrally located to many of the popular spots in Edinburgh. I would definitely come back here and would highly recommend this apartment for anyone who is looking for a little more room than a hotel room”
“My parents, husband, and I really enjoyed our stay at the West Tollcross apartment. The apartment was clean and modern, and all of the appliances worked well. The location was very convenient, and it was nice to have an elevator. You can walk to most of the major sites in Edinburgh”
“This flat was the perfect 'home base' for our golf trip to Scotland and visit to Edinburgh. We wanted a flat in central Edinburgh with parking and the accommodations could not have been better.Overall, we could not have been happier with the accommodations. We definitely recommend this flat and Margaret as a host. ”
Our modern 2 bedroom / 2 bathroom apartment is furnished and decorated to a high standard and will make a very comfortable base for your visit. Located in Tollcross, just on the edge of the Old Town and easy walking distance of the centre, this is an ideal place to stay when visiting Edinburgh.
The apartment is just off Lothian Road where you will find a wide selection of cafes, bars, restaurants, pubs and bistros – something for everyone. Nearby you have a choice of grocery stores, including the famous British “Marks & Spencer”. Local shops including a traditional butchers, wine store and French Delicatessen are just round the corner. This is also an ideal location for anyone with business in the city’s financial district or visiting Edinburgh University.
We have an allocated underground parking space, which in Edinburgh is a huge bonus. Access to the Western Approach Road for an easy way in/out of Edinburgh is just off Lothian Road and allows you to be at the airport in less than ½ hour.
The interior is very comfortable with modern furnishings and fittings. It has the added benefit of an elevator which saves climbing stairs with your luggage or shopping.
- The lounge/dining room/kitchen area is bright and spacious with wood floors. The lounge area has a flat screen TV and comfortable sofas. The dining area has a table and chairs for 4 and is adjacent to the fully equipped kitchen. The kitchen has a “range style” gas hob, dishwasher and washer - all that you will need to make life easy while on vacation.
- Bedroom 1 has an en-suite bathroom with a shower over the bath tub. The bathroom is fully tiled and has a heated towel rail and shaver point and comes with fluffy towels. The bed is a double size with luxury linens. Built in closets provide ample storage for all your belongings. This room overlooks the courtyard behind the property and has a small balcony.
- Bedroom 2 has a King bed (US Queen) with luxury linens and overlooks the garden courtyard.
- A full tiled Shower Room is accessed off the hallway. Again with a heated towel rail, shaver point and comes with fluffy towels.
- Access to the local bus system is just round the corner from the apartment. This is a wonderful way of getting around Edinburgh - you would expect a bus to Princes Street within 5 minutes (there is even an iPhone App to give the real time position of the buses!).
- Haymarket train station is a 15 minute walk or a very short 5 minute taxi ride away.
- Waverley Station is a 25 minute walk or 8 minutes by taxi.
- Edinburgh airport is less than 7 miles from the apartment (see our external link to Google Maps below for the suggested route - and more local information).
Included in the Price
- Edinburgh information/support before you even leave for your vacation – basic local information (tailored to your needs) can be shared by e-mail prior to your arrival.
- Fine bedlinen, luxury towels, all utilities (no added costs!), WiFi and broadband.
- Free telephone calls to landlines in over 30 countries (includes Canada and USA).
- A welcome pack of some Scottish treats with tea, coffee and milk.
- Up-to-date Tourist Information, a selection of books/Edinburgh guidebooks & maps, binoculars, umbrella and many other thoughtful extras will await you in the apartment.
Elevator, Free Broadband WiFi internet access, Flat-screen TV/Digital TV, CD-Player, DVD-Player, iPod Speakers/Dock, Clothes Washer/Dryer, Ironing facilities, Fridge, Freezer, Dishwasher, Coffee-Maker, Microwave, Modern gas Range, Hairdryers, Full Central Heating and Double Glazing. Free underground parking space.
Keywords: Flat, condo, condominium, apartment, vacation rental, holiday rental,
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- wheelchair accessible
Guestbook comments from the owner
This flat was the perfect "home base" for our golf trip to Scotland and visit to Edinburgh. We wanted a flat in central Edinburgh with parking and the accommodations could not have been better. Prior to arriving, Margaret provided a lot of information about the flat, local area and key attractions to see in Edinburgh. She even had a whole list of ideas for things to see/do In Edinburgh with kids which was great for our son. Arrival was seamless thanks to the help of Gil. The flat is modern, spacious and very clean. I can attest that the pictures on the website are a good representation of the accommodations. We were even provided with a welcome basket of local treats! The flat is within easy walking distance to all the main attractions in Edinburgh. It is located is a great neighborhood with lots of restaurants/pubs to choose from. Overall, we could not have been happier with the accommodations. We definitely recommend this flat and Margaret as a host.
This is the second stage of our dream! Andrew & I met while students in Edinburgh 30 years ago. We have always said we will return here one day after living and working in the South of England, Belgium and most recently in Virginia, USA. We bought our first flat in 2010 as the first step in realizing our dream. We returned to the UK in October 2012 and are beginning to develop our Edinburgh business. We want others share to our place and fall in love with Scotland and Edinburgh:)
We bought this apartment after months of watching the Edinburgh market. We loved the proximity to the city and the fact that it is modern so everything works and is efficient. Having an allocated parking space is a real bonus, the traffic wardens in Edinburgh are very quick, so getting a ticket is not difficult!
We aim to provide the best Scottish Hospitality Edinburgh can offer and want it to be a home from home (although we know it is much smaller than American standards), it will have everything you need to make your stay very comfortable.