This is the perfect home for family/friend reunions, wedding guests, golf buddies and girlfriend get-togethers, as all the bedrooms have been set up for either single or couples. The two units together can sleep 12 single guests or five couples and two singles.
Upon your arrival you will be greeted by complementary hors d’oeuvres and sparkling cider, passes to the famous Spa on the Plaza in downtown Monterey that has recently undergone a $2 million renovation, Scheid Wine passes and a basket of local information. An assigned concierge vacation house manager is at your disposal to assist you during your stay. We have also provided spa amenities in the bathrooms, plush spa bathrobes, over-sized towels and beach gear. Pets are allowed on the ground floor only.
The first-floor main house, which is 1,700 square feet, features a spacious living room with hardwood floors, decorative white-brick fireplace and urbane, sophisticated décor in dark woods and earth colors accented in jewel-tones of blues and greens. Furnishings include a sleigh sofa bed that can sleep one, two comfy overstuffed chairs and a large coffee table. A panel of old-fashioned half-paned windows looks out to a manicured front lawn with neatly trimmed shrubs, colorful flowers and well-established trees. On the opposite wall is a 46-inch flat-screen LED-HDTV and BluRay DVD. Built-in book cases are filled with inspirational reading material.
A sparkling kitchen, in ocean colors of crisp bright white with royal-blue and turquoise tiles on counter tops and splash-backs, is equipped with an electric stove, microwave, dishwasher and refrigerator. A stacking washer/dryer is provided nearby.
The adjacent dining room, with French doors leading out to a small redwood deck equipped with gas grill, has a dark wood rectangular table that can seat eight but expand to seat 12. A tall redwood table and chairs for two situated on the lawn near the deck affords a lovely spot for sipping morning coffee or tea while enjoying the fresh sea breezes.
The master bedroom has a king bed (with Memory Foam topper that can be converted to two twins) and is beautifully decorated with rich dark wood furniture and colors of teal blues and aquamarine greens.
A second bedroom also has a king bed that can be converted to two twins.
A third smaller bedroom features a trundle bed that can sleep one or two singles or become a king if necessary. All beds have luxury-hotel-quality linens with white sheets, a coordinating white duvet comforter and sophisticated coverlets in vibrant sea tones of turquoise and aquamarine blues.
A full bathroom features mossy and forest-green tiles around the sink, on the walls and lining the shower-tub. There is a stacking washer and dryer in this bathroom. If only the upper floor unit is rented, there is no washer and dryer available.
If the main house and guest quarters are rented individually, then there are separate entrances at opposite sides of the house. If they are rented as one house, then the front door entrance allows easy access to both floors. Easy parking on a safe street.
Main House downstairs has 3 bedrooms (sleeps 6-7) and upstairs Guest Suite has 2 bedrooms (sleeps 4-5) Separate units, separate pricing & separate contracts. Pets allowed in downstairs house but not in up-stairs suite.
Additional Rate Details and Rental Terms
* 10% City transient occupancy tax applicable to all fees (including cleaning and any optional amenity fees).
* Non-refundable cleaning fees are quoted separately from rent depending on number of guests. $200 1-4 guests, $250 5-7 guests including infants and children.
* Stays of 30 days or more require mid-stay cleanings every two weeks that you will be responsible for scheduling with our Vacation House Manager assigned to the rental and paying cleaners for directly at the time each cleaning is performed at the rate of $25/hour. This is over and above the cleaning fee itemized in your contract.
* Accidental Loss and Damage Damage Waiver Fee $55 instead of security deposit (covers up to $1,000 unintentional damage to house or its contents but does not cover negligent abuse or neglect)
* Credit Card number must be on file for security against any damages should damage be due to abuse or neglect and are not accidental in nature. Guest would be responsible for any uncovered damages.
*If a pet is allowed, it must NEVER be left alone either inside the home or outside in the yard. Pet Fees: $100 each large dog (1 dog); $150 two small dogs; if arranged after acceptance of contract, contract must be amended to adjust price.
* Main and Guest Quarters may be rented separately or together. If rented together, separate contracts will be issued.
* Guest Quarters , when rented with main house, is a $175 a night; otherwise normal VR Connection rates apply. When rented with main house during the Concours d'Elegance, guest house rate is $2000 for the week (7 night minimum). (See VRC#3344) and guest quarters cleaning fees are quoted separately from rent.
*Note: Guests will be charged the maximum cleaning fee of $350 regardless of the number of guests sleeping if outside guests come for an event or party.
This may be in addition to the $150 special event fee for events such as wedding rehearsals.etc This covers extra water as well as cleaning.
* Large gatherings or special events subject to a $100-$250 additional fee (receptions, reunions, etc.)
* No large gatherings outside of the house after 10 p.m. so as not to bother neighbors.
* Cancellation Policy: If you cancel 60 days or less before your arrival date, you are eligible for a full refund only if we can re-rent the property for the same dates and rental rate less the $150 administration fee and any bank or PayPal fees incurred by the owner. If you cancel 60 days or more before your arrival date, you are eligible for a full refund of the rental amount less the $150 administration fee and any bank or PayPal fees incurred by owner. [Please read the full terms in the Rental Agreement before signing for any recent changes to this abbreviated policy statement - the Rental Agreement contains our current policy]
* Full payment is due at time of booking if booked less than 60 days prior to arrival date.
* If booked more than 60 days in advance of arrival date, 50% of total amount is due to secure reservation with balance of total due 60 days prior to arrival date.
* Access information and directions will be provided once payment is made in full.
* This is a two story residence if you also rent the guest unit upstairs, so please discuss this with us if anyone in your party has difficulty climbing stairs. There are sleeping options on both floors.
*Please call to inquire about 4 or 5 night minimums for Thanksgiving, Christmas & New Years, subject to owner's approval.
*2 night rentals are subject to owner's approval unless it is a Last Minute Special.
* Last-Minute Specials!! $50 discount per night, depending on number of guests, if booked within 7 days of arrival, subject to owner's approval. “Minimum night stays” can also be waived.
* PG&E gas and electricity are paid by guest for rentals of 30 days or more.