The spotless newly renovated 750-square-foot, two-bedroom guest quarters can sleep four-five guests and can be rented together with the first floor of the main house or separately. (Please note that four is the maximum number of guests if rented separately from the main house.)
This light-washed dwelling has a combined living/dining room, two bedrooms, one full bath and a large friendly old-fashioned kitchen with a long white farm type table that doubles as extra counter space or a spot to pull up a stool and converse with the cook. The décor, with its photographs of playful otters and palette of crisp whites, sandy beiges, and turquoise blues and greens, has a beach-cottage quality that imparts a relaxed, getaway feel. From your seat on a day couch, you can look up from reading one of the numerous inspirational books provided and watch the clouds drift by over sailboats in the distance on the bay. Enjoy the same expansive view as you take your meals at a round glass-topped dining table and chairs that seat four in the opposite corner. Should you prefer to be entertained electronically, a 42-inch flat-screen TV with LED, HDL and BluRay is provided. The living room also has a comfortable chaise perfect for reading or watching movies and TV.
The surprisingly large kitchen, with its color scheme of bright and creamy whites, includes an electric stove, microwave and refrigerator (no dishwasher). Built-in cabinetry offers plenty of storage. Alfresco meals can be prepared on a separate gas grill and enjoyed at a wooden table and benches in a nook bordered by a hedge just off the front lawn.
The master bedroom features a king bed with white shutter headboard, Memory Foam topper and highest-quality spa linens. The second bedroom, with a trio of half-paned windows overlooking the front lawn, also features a king with Memory Foam topper and luxurious linens and a built-in chest of drawers. If preferred, the king beds in both rooms can be converted to twins.
The full bathroom, with its recently updated look, features a fresh white tiled floor, cottage-style white vanity sink and a white-tiled tub. You will find vibrant turquoise and white plush terrycloth towels, spa robes and slippers that will make you feel totally pampered.
If the main house and guest quarters are rented individually, then there are separate entrances at opposite sides of the house. If they are rented as one house then the front door entrance allows easy access to both floors. Easy parking on a safe street.
The many delights of Pacific Grove's quaint city center, including boutiques, shops and a multiplicity of outstanding restaurants, are within easy walking distance, as is the stunning rocky shoreline of Monterey Bay with its pedestrian and bike trail that extends for miles, with the famed aquarium at one end and Asilomar Beach at the other. The popular destinations of historic Monterey and the artist colony of Carmel-by-the-Sea are 10 minutes away by car.
Additional Rate Details and Rental Terms
* 10% City transient occupancy tax applicable to all fees (including cleaning and any optional amenity fees).
* Main and Guest Quarters may be rented separately or together. If rented together, separate contracts will be issued.
* Upstairs Guest Quarters, when rented with main house, is available at a discounted rate of $175 a night; otherwise normal VRConnection rates apply. When rented with main house during the Concours d'Elegance, guest house rate is $2000 for the week (7 night minimum). (See VRC#3343 for rates for the Main House located on the Lower Level). Holidays and Special Events are $200 a night
* Accidental Loss and Damage Waiver Fee $55 instead of security deposit (covers up to $1,000 unintentional damage to house or its contents but does not cover negligent abuse or neglect)
* Credit Card number must be on file for security against any damages should damage be due to abuse or neglect and are not accidental in nature. Guest would be responsible for any uncovered damages.
* Non-refundable cleaning fees for the Guest Quarters are quoted separately from rent: $150 for 2 guests $175 3- 5 guests.
* Stays of 30 days or more require mid-stay cleanings every two weeks that you will be responsible for scheduling with our Vacation House Manager assigned to the rental and paying cleaners for directly at the time each cleaning is performed at the rate of $25/hour. This is over and above the cleaning fee itemized in your contract.
* No large gatherings outside of the house after 10 p.m. so as not to bother neighbors.
* Cancellation Policy: If you cancel 60 days or less before your arrival date, you are eligible for a full refund only if we can re-rent the property for the same dates and rental rate less the $150 administration fee and any bank or PayPal fees incurred by the owner. If you cancel 60 days or more before your arrival date, you are eligible for a full refund of the rental amount less the $150 administration fee and any bank or PayPal fees incurred by owner. [Please read the full terms in the Rental Agreement before signing for any recent changes to this abbreviated policy statement - the Rental Agreement contains our current policy]
* PG&E gas and electricity are paid by guest for rentals of 30 days or more.
* Full payment is due at time of booking if booked less than 60 days prior to arrival date.
* If booked more than 60 days in advance of arrival date, 50% of total amount is due to secure reservation with balance of total due 60 days prior to arrival date.
* Access information and directions will be provided once payment is made in full.
* This is a two story residence if you also rent the guest unit upstairs, so please discuss this with us if anyone in your party has difficulty climbing stairs. There are sleeping options on both floors.
*Please call to inquire about 4 or 5 night minimums for Thanksgiving, Christmas & New Years, subject to owner's approval.
* Last-Minute Specials!! $50 discount per night, depending on number of guests, if booked within 7 days of arrival, subject to owner's approval. “Minimum night stays” can also be waived.