|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
5451 Ka Haku Road #4, Princeville, HI 96722
Hanalei Bay Villa #4 Description
Of all the Hanalei Bay Villas, #4 has the unique location, set back from the road and overlooking the Hanalei Bay with a dramatic backdrop of the stately Bali Hai Mountains. Nestled near a bamboo grove and lush tropical forest the villa has the advantage of being adjacent to the 5 star St Regis Hotel with access to the grand lobby, shops and the public Princeville Beach, which is fabulous for snorkeling. The best sunset views are a short stroll from the villa with amazing coral reef surf breaks and serene snorkeling spots also a short walk away. This is a gem of a location and is very private.
The villa itself is a two-storey free standing home that feels like a tree house with high lanais and lush views from every window. The interior is very clean and well maintained with bamboo and tile floors in the upstairs kitchen, dining and living room. Downstairs is the two bedrooms, bathrooms and huge walk in closet.
You will find all the amenities, including a complete kitchen, entertainment center in the living room complete with easy iPod and mp3 player hookups, wireless internet throughout and a TV/VCR in each room. Basic beach equipment is also available as well as novels and games.
The Princeville neighborhood is a very safe, clean and beautiful area to walk, run or bike with little traffic and incredible vistas. You can see the famous Honu sea turtles and baby albatross as well as sights such as Queen Emma’s Bath and of course the magical Makai golf course. We hope you will come and stay in our romantic, beautiful villa.
Francene and Thomas
call us for more info at 831-335-5554
The Hanalei Bay Villas are individual residences located in Princeville Resort on the north shore of Kauai. Our unit (#4) has a spectacular view of the mountains, waterfalls, and Hanalei Bay from 2 very private lanais. Beautifully and thoughtfully appointed with a tropical flair, it has all the amenities of home. Walk to the beach, restaurants, and entertainment.
Thomas and Francene, owners who live in Santa Cruz, CA
The Owner purchased this villa in 2008
We want to live there one day
Incredible location, great weather, easy access to all kinds of activities
Just came back after spending a week at this villa. It is a very nice condo at a great location.
The view from the balcony is incredible. The pictures simply don't do it justice. The owners are very accommodating , easy to work with and the property has a lot of things to make your stay enjoyable. We had a great time and are already planning our return next year.
My daughters and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay in this Hanalei Bay Villa last summer. There was a lot to love about our stay here!
> The home was in good condition. The kitchen is well-equipped; we cooked most of our breakfasts and dinners here, and enjoyed them quite a bit. Kauai restaurants tend to be expensive and the food doesn't always warrant the price, so we had a great time cooking delicious meals with food we bought at the nearby farmers markets.
> Beautiful views of the lovely mountains. You can't help but feel peaceful and very fortunate when you look out at the Hanalei mountains and surrounding area.
> The location is great. You can get to Ke'e beach or to Kapa'a in a reasonable amount of time. Banana Joe's isn't far away, nor the Moloa food stand with the best ever Date Nut Smoothies. Hanalei has restaurants, surfing lessons, and a nice health food store and is close by.
> The owners were very nice to deal with, which is always important to me.
> The price was very reasonable, and was a very good value for the money spent.
As with every rental property, there were a few minor points that made it a little less perfect:
> The living room upholstery and bedding fabrics weren't as fresh or high quality as I've enjoyed in other vacation properties. But, those vacation rentals cost significantly more so this wasn't a deal breaker, but did detract from the perfect paradise ambiance that was otherwise prevalent throughout our stay in this property. I would refer to this aspect of the property as "beachy" .
> The air conditioning and equipment room for the nearby Regis hotel is in close proximity to this unit, and was a little noisy. If you're sensitive to noise when you're in paradise on vacation, it might bother you. I noticed the noise often and didn't like it much, but everything else was so enjoyable that I didn't let it interfere much.
Kauai is my favorite island. I'd stay here again in a heartbeat! Thank you to the owners for sharing their property with me.
I've stayed at this unit on two separate trips to Kauai, one on 2007 and the most recent in August 2011. It is a great unit for the following reasons:
(1) Location - the unit is located a very short walk from the entrance to the St. Regis Hotel allowing easy access to the hotel and its amenities. I loved going to the St. Regis for sunset drinks and listening to the music. The unit is also located within a short walk of two popular sunset viewing places - the Ft. Alexander gazebo at the St. Regis and a little park just up the road.
(2) The View - The view of the mountain, its waterfall and Hanelei Bay is magnificent. The view can be seen from the bed in the master bedroom. Perfect for waking up to and great for sitting on the lanais and enjoying the whole scene.
(3) The Unit - The unit itself is very clean, well designed and has a very comfortable feel to it. It feels like a home rather than just some place to stay. The TVs are a little small, but I wasn't really there to watch them. The kitchen had everything that one would need to prepare a meal, however, on my latest trip I did not cook as I was out much of the time seeing the island.
(4) Owners - The unit changed hands between the first time I rented it in 2007 and my latest trip. The current owners were wonderful to work with from the time I first contacted them to my departure. They were very quick in responding to my initial inquiry. The contract and payment procedures went smoothly and without any problems. They also made some accomodations for my schedule. Great people to work with.
(5) Value - All of the things above, combined with the rate indicated for the unit, really makes a value play in Princeville. There are less expensive units, but I'm not sure one gets the same space, quality or views for that money. Of course, there are units that rent for much more, but one has to consider whether the upgrade in the amenities offered by that unit is really worth the increase in cost.
The only downside that I see is that Hanalei Bay Villas do not have a pool or any central recreation area, so if you're a pool person or have children looking for activities; you'd have to plan for activities off site. Other than that, I heartily recommend this unit to anyone visiting the north side of Kauai and it remains on my list as a place that I would stay on future visits.
We have been visitng the islands for many years (Kauai is our favorite - 3rd visit) and have stayed in many of the major hotels, condos, etc. This was the best; from the moment we walked in we knew we made the right choice! Among our various activities the biggest joy was coming back "home" to relax and enjoy the view from the upper lanai.
Thank you Francene & Thomas. We will be back next year....
Bill & Barb
My 7-year-old daughter and I stayed a week and LOVED the condo, view, location and tropical wildlife. We were enjoying ourselves so much in the condo that we nearly stopped ourselves from venturing outdoors. We felt like we were living outdoors. It was so beautiful! The ocean was too rough to visit Queen's bath but we watched the whales (from across the street), shopped at the farmer's market and visited Hanalei Bay and Kilauea lighthouse with friends. If you are walkers, bring tennis shoes. There is a great, long walking path between the highway and Princeville. We want to return soon. Mahalo, Thomas and Francene.
We have enjoyed, relaxed, renewed. A great place that has its own sense of seclusion in a tropical garden. We and our son and wife have thoroughly enjoyed our time together and look forward to returning. This is what he had to say shortly before our last trip: We are looking forward to it.. breakfast with my folks on the porch of the villa with the best view I've ever seen, getting into some snorkle water in the afternoon, and Queen's Bath w/ my wife at sunset...
Paddle boarding, kayaking and water sport
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.