Dar Al Waha's location makes it a perfect base to explore the UNESCO heritage listed medieval medina of Fes. It is situated on the main street in the medina, in the vicinity of the famous Bab Boujloud (Blue Gate) and surrounding restaurants, Medersa Bou Inania and the mysterious Water Clock and offers the best in self catering with markets brimming with fresh produce, all within a minute’s walk from home! Dar Al Waha is a beautifully restored home that follows the traditional Arabian floor plan. There is a magnificent terrace over two levels, giving you fantastic views over the northern half of the medina, including the Merenid tombs, the northern Fort (Borj Nord) and surrounding ramparts. From here you can also watch the procession of medina life on the main street below, the way it has always been for over a thousand years. We have included the creature comforts of western bathrooms, reverse cycle air-con and plentiful hot water to ensure your stay is like a home away from home.
Configuration:: • Main Bedroom with Queen sized double and a single bed/sofa
• Upper Bedroom with Queen sized double bed and en suite, w/c and shower bathroom
• Salon can also be used as a single sofa bed (upon request)
• Baby cot available upon request
• 1 main bathroom with w/c, shower, bathtub and washing machine
• External windows in each room
Amenities and Services:: • Bed linen and towels provided.
• Daily cleaning service (additional service upon request).
• Daily breakfast delivery (additional service upon request).
• Washing machine available for use.
• Each room has a lockable cupboard.
• Refrigerator / Freezer
• 4 burner stove and oven
• Reverse cycle Air conditioning
• Mobile phone
• USB Internet available at additional cost, upon request
• Coffee maker
• Shower on Terrace for cooling off
• Portable Fans
• Portable Heater
• Board games
• Outdoor furniture
• Vacuum cleaner
• Cooking Lessons (additional service upon request)
• Full or half day guided tour of the medina (additional service upon request)
• Day trips to Meknes, Volubilis, Middle Atlas and surrounds (additional service upon request)
Location:: Dar al Waha is located in the medieval medina of Fes. Access is by foot from the medina gates, as no cars are permitted to enter the old town.
• Access to the house is from Bab Boujloud (Blue Gate) or Ain Azleten carpark.
• Airport and train transfers can be arranged as an additional service and luggage porters bring your luggage to the door for a small fee.
• Cars can be parked in secure parking at either Batha or Ain Azletan car parks for a small fee.
• The easiest way to locate the house is to arrange rendezvous with the owner or manager on duty when you book - you will need to rendezvous to meet staff to receive keys to the house.
• Maps and books of Fes, and local knowledge available
• Directions from staff in English, French & Arabic upon request.
Fes (or sometimes spelt Fez) is the third largest city of Morocco. It is a former capital and is the oldest of the country's four 'imperial cities,' founded on the banks of the Oued Fes (Fes River) in 789 by Moulay Idriss I.
The oldest and largest part of the walled city, Fes el Bali, is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Dar Al Waha is located within these walls. The medina is the world's largest contiguous car-free urban area, whilst University of Al-Karaouine, founded in AD 859, is the oldest continuously functioning university in the world.
Fes is famous for it’s traditional artisants in wood, plaster, tile and leather work that still practice their craft in the medina. It is also famous for its pottery, reputed the best in Morocco, traditional Fassi cooking and Islamic Andalusian architecture.
Fes holds the annual Sacred Music Festival at the end of May or the start of June each year drawing artists, musicians and audiences from around the world.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event||Minimum Stay|
Fes Sacred Music Festival
Jun 13 2014 - Jun 21 2014
My Standard Rate
|Notes: Rates are based on 5 guests; add £5 per night, per additional guest|
|Refundable damage deposit||£50.00|
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay. Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (GBP) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
Learn more about this vacation rental at the owner's website: