|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
Dar Al Waha's location makes it a perfect base to explore the UNESCO heritage listed medieval medina of Fes. It is situated on the main street in the medina, in the vicinity of the famous Bab Boujloud (Blue Gate) and surrounding restaurants, Medersa Bou Inania and the mysterious Water Clock and offers the best in self catering with markets brimming with fresh produce, all within a minute’s walk from home! Dar Al Waha is a beautifully restored home that follows the traditional Arabian floor plan. There is a magnificent terrace over two levels, giving you fantastic views over the northern half of the medina, including the Merenid tombs, the northern Fort (Borj Nord) and surrounding ramparts. From here you can also watch the procession of medina life on the main street below, the way it has always been for over a thousand years. We have included the creature comforts of western bathrooms, reverse cycle air-con and plentiful hot water to ensure your stay is like a home away from home.
Configuration:: • Main Bedroom with Queen sized double and a single bed/sofa
• Upper Bedroom with Queen sized double bed and en suite, w/c and shower bathroom
• Salon can also be used as a single sofa bed (upon request)
• Baby cot available upon request
• 1 main bathroom with w/c, shower, bathtub and washing machine
• External windows in each room
Amenities and Services:: • Bed linen and towels provided.
• Daily cleaning service (additional service upon request).
• Daily breakfast delivery (additional service upon request).
• Washing machine available for use.
• Each room has a lockable cupboard.
• Refrigerator / Freezer
• 4 burner stove and oven
• Reverse cycle Air conditioning
• Mobile phone
• USB Internet available at additional cost, upon request
• Coffee maker
• Shower on Terrace for cooling off
• Portable Fans
• Portable Heater
• Board games
• Outdoor furniture
• Vacuum cleaner
• Cooking Lessons (additional service upon request)
• Full or half day guided tour of the medina (additional service upon request)
• Day trips to Meknes, Volubilis, Middle Atlas and surrounds (additional service upon request)
Location:: Dar al Waha is located in the medieval medina of Fes. Access is by foot from the medina gates, as no cars are permitted to enter the old town.
• Access to the house is from Bab Boujloud (Blue Gate) or Ain Azleten carpark.
• Airport and train transfers can be arranged as an additional service and luggage porters bring your luggage to the door for a small fee.
• Cars can be parked in secure parking at either Batha or Ain Azletan car parks for a small fee.
• The easiest way to locate the house is to arrange rendezvous with the owner or manager on duty when you book - you will need to rendezvous to meet staff to receive keys to the house.
• Maps and books of Fes, and local knowledge available
• Directions from staff in English, French & Arabic upon request.
Arriving in Fez to be welcomed by a fellow Australian was somewhat unexpected and fortuitous. Having some-one to show us the ropes and guide us through maps of the maze-like Medina was a perfect start for us. The apartment is over 3 levels and is smack bang in the middle of all the life in the Medina yet very quiet at night. It is clean and has everything we needed for the week of our stay, but for us it is what is happening outside the door that has us mesmerized. The two terraces are fabulous places for people watching in the sunshine. It was a perfect place for our young family for the week. A big thanks to Anthony.
If you are looking for a relaxing, no hassle living arrangement then stay at Dar Al Waha in Fes, Morocco. You'll be in the mist of the Medina where shopping and history surrounds you. There were 4 of us in the villa and it was more than enough room. We even cooked in the kitchen that had everything we needed. The staff was easy and accommodating.
The villa had everything we needed from TV, internet, and access to extra supplies such as towels at our fingertips. You will not regret your stay. The rooms are spacious and the beds are comfortable. The home is clean and beautiful but the balcony views are the best.
Thank you for making my stay and my guest stay as comfortable as possible. Special thanks to Anthony, who was awesome in getting us checked in and taking care of us.
A guest at the Dar Al Waha (Tamara)
We stayed with our three kids for four days at Dar Al Waha, a traditional Maroccan house in the Medina of Fez. What a wonderful house furnished in an exquisite way, carefully decorated and located ideally in the heart of the historic city. The two terraces on top of the building offer spectacular views upon the French fort and the medieval town. This home is ideal to retire from a hectic and exhausting day - you will enjoy the cool relaxing atmosphere of this traditional Dar. The owners are extremely supportive and will provide you with invaluable information regarding Maroccan life. 5 stars for this location and its owners.
Keep up the great work! Family Grossniklaus, Switzerland
Fes (or sometimes spelt Fez) is the third largest city of Morocco. It is a former capital and is the oldest of the country's four 'imperial cities,' founded on the banks of the Oued Fes (Fes River) in 789 by Moulay Idriss I.
The oldest and largest part of the walled city, Fes el Bali, is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Dar Al Waha is located within these walls. The medina is the world's largest contiguous car-free urban area, whilst University of Al-Karaouine, founded in AD 859, is the oldest continuously functioning university in the world.
Fes is famous for it’s traditional artisants in wood, plaster, tile and leather work that still practice their craft in the medina. It is also famous for its pottery, reputed the best in Morocco, traditional Fassi cooking and Islamic Andalusian architecture.
Fes holds the annual Sacred Music Festival at the end of May or the start of June each year drawing artists, musicians and audiences from around the world.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rates are based on 5 guests; add £5 per night, per additional guest|
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (GBP) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
Learn more about this vacation rental at the owner's website: