Fort Lauderdale Condo Rental Photos and Description
Condo, 1 Bedroom + Den, 1 Bath, (Sleeps 5)
Thank you so much for considering our unit at the Pelican Grand Beach Resort.
Steve and I purchased our rental in mid 2011, and have enjoyed spending family time at the resort with our children and grand kids.
Each year, we continue to make more and more updates to make your vacation experience the best it can be.
Some of the differences you'll find between our room and others (both the privately or resort owned units) are:
- Leather Lazy Boy couch, with recliners on both ends. (All other units have either the old original or recovered sofa, not anywhere near as comfy.)
- New Lazy Boy Loveseat, with a pull out twin bed. (All other units have either the original or recovered loveseat.)
- Two 46 inch flat screen TVs (for units like ours, the resort offers one 42 inch flat screen and another very large old standard hotel unit)
- Larger compact fridge (just replaced the small original 2 cubic foot compact fridge with a 4.4 cubic foot model)
- Larger microwave (just replaced the smaller original unit with a high end convection model)
- Better lighting (lights added to ceiling fans in both bedroom and den area)
- More seating/better chairs (got rid of two old rattan chairs and replaced with four smaller chairs)
- Plus, plus, plus more....
The reason for all the above differences is we really want our unit at the Pelican to feel like home for us and for our guests. I think we've met our goal.
The Pelican Grand Beach Resort is a Four Star Resort, located directly on the beach in beautiful Fort Lauderdale, Florida. The oceanfront resort is situated on 500 feet of sandy beach, perfect for tanning and swimming. The property is one of only two resort/hotels in Fort Lauderdale located directly on the ocean, as almost all other hotels/resorts are located across A1A.
From our 5th floor unit, the view is amazing. You can sit on the private balcony, look out over the water and hear the sounds of waves crashing onto the shore.
The upscale resort is ideal for:
• Couples for a Romantic Getaway, featuring Private Room with Private Balcony, Oceanside Veranda, Private Beach, Upscale Bar/Lounge, and Rooftop Patio
• Families with Children, as the Resort Property is directly on the Ocean, and featuring a Resort-style Pool and Lazy River, and an Ice Cream Shoppe
• Business Professionals seeking an Upscale and Relaxing Environment with High-Speed Internet Access, Business Center, Oceanside Restaurant ideal for Business Meetings, Upscale Bar/Lounge
FREE OF CHARGE AMENITIES
- Lazy River tubing ride (heated)
- Oceanfront Fitness Center
- Pool and beach towels
- Beach chairs and umbrellas
- Roller beds
- Mini Refrigerator and microwave
- Sitting area with a table and 4 chairs
- Room safe
- Coffee maker
- Iron and ironing board
- Alarm clock/radio
OTHER AMENITIES AVAILABLE AT THE RESORT
- Restaurant with oceanfront breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Poolside cocktail lounge
- Business services
- Old fashioned ice cream parlor and gift shop.
- Satellite TV with premium channels
- Concierge service available
- Underground valet parking - rate is $30/day, plus taxes
- Internet Access - rate is $19.95/day per device, plus taxes. (Consider using your smart phone as a 'hotspot' alternative.)
- Guest laundry
5TH FLOOR, Direct oceanfront resort room with private balcony and comfortable chairs. The Bedroom has 2 Queen Size beds with pillow top mattresses. There are two televisions (bedroom and den) with premium cable channels. Compact refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, and voicemail. Perfect for enjoying the gorgeous beach at sunrise and sunset.
Resort activities: Veranda with rocking chairs runs the entire length of the resort, Oceanside restaurant and bar both have outdoor seating available on the veranda overlooking the beach for drinks or meals, Lounge chairs, Umbrellas and towels are available for the beach, Valet parking, 500-Foot Private Beach, Heated Swimming Pool and Lazy River, Poolside Cocktail Lounge, Oceanfront Fitness Center, Games, Ice Cream Emporium and Gift Shop inside the resort, Computers and Business Center in the lobby.
Recreation activities: Open Air Cafes and Shopping on Las Olas Blvd, Deepsea Fishing, Golfing, Tennis, Jet Skiing, Parasailing, Snorkeling/Scuba/Reef Diving
The resort requires that you are at least 21 years of age and have a valid credit card to check in.
Check-in 4:00pm, Check-out 11:00am
o Valet parking: If you have a car, the resort charges $30/day, plus 11% tax, with in-and-out privileges. Unfortunately, there is no other alternative for parking in the area; however, there is taxi service and a city bus line that runs right outside the resort.
o Housecleaning: $75 Check-out Cleaning fee, plus 11% tax is required. If you wish to have additional cleaning during your visit, the resort changes $35 per occurrence, plus 11% tax. You must request optional housecleaning when you check in if you want your room cleaned and the Consumable Supplies replaced by the Resort staff during your stay. If you do not request optional housecleaning, there will be no replenishment of Consumable Supplies (for example, toilet paper, Kleenex, shampoo, conditioner, soap, coffee, cups, clean towels, etc.) during your stay.
o Internet Access: Effective January 23, 2014, the Pelican Grand began charging for Internet access for all privately owned units. The new policy is to charge $19.95 per day per device, plus 11% tax. This seems very high to us, but they claim this is consistent with pricing at other hotels in the area. As an alternative, we suggest you use the personal hotspots that are available on most smart phones as a more economical alternative to signing into the Pelican WIFI. Go to ‘settings’ on your phone and turn on the ‘hotspot’ button. It should show you the name of your phone’s network and the password for you to use on your other devices to hook up. Then go to wireless connections on your laptop, select the name of your phone’s network and enter the password. You can enter multiple devices at the same time on your hotspot network, i.e. I-pads and computers. Please note that if you use this to watch movies or other high data uses, you will want to keep an eye on your service provider’s data limit.
Keywords: Condo Hotel, Beach, Pool, Lazy River, Oceanfront, Balcony
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair inaccessible
About Sue Morrison
We are a retired couple from Iowa who miss the ocean. When we first saw the Pelican Grand, we fell in love and knew we wanted to spend more time there.
Sue Morrison purchased this condo in 2011
Why Sue Morrison chose Fort Lauderdale
The view!!! Being able to have breakfast, lunch and dinner looking out over the ocean. Enjoying a cocktail on the private balcony.
What makes this condo unique
Short car ride to many fantastic restaurants, night clubs and shopping areas.
Close to cruise terminals of Fort Lauderdale and Miami.
Guestbook comments from the owner
We had a great time staying in your unit. Definitely a 5 star experience. I don't have a VRBO account but feel free to post this review:
The room was very well maintained and spacious. The beds were incredibly comfortable. The resort itself was fantastic. The staff were all friendly and very helpful. The pool was great and being directly on the beach was a nice perk. Would definitely stay here again!