**** NOW ACCEPTING advance reservations for the week of the 2015 'U.S. OPEN GOLF CHAMPIONSHIP' at CHAMBERS BAY. ($2000 per night / 1 week minimum / Daily Maid Service included - if desired) ****
This charming vacation property is located just to the west of Olympia, on the tip of Johnson Point, where you'll view an abundance of wildlife, and sip your favorite morning brew while watching the constant flow of tugs, trawlers, and sailors rounding the Point on their Puget Sound journeys. To the east is a breathtaking view of Mt. Rainier and the Cascade Mountains, and to the west is a magnificent view of the majestic Olympics.
The township of Lacey, and Sate Capitol of Olympia are just a short driving distance away (15 minutes or so), with ample entertainment, including; shopping, restaurants, theaters, etc. The larger city of Tacoma lies 30 minutes to the North, with additional sites of interest, including the Museum of Glass and the LeMay Car Museum.
If trips to the city aren't your thing, use our Johnson Point Beach Retreat as your home base for travels westward to the Olympic National Park, or Washington Coastline. To the east is the Northwest Trek Wildlife Park, and Mount Rainier National Park, while to the south is the Visitors Center at Mt St. Helens (one Visitor's 'highlight' was a ride on the 'Mt. Rainier Scenic Railroad' traveling through the forests between the Mt. Rainier National Park and the Mt. St. Helens National Monument.
Upon arrival at our home, you'll park on the upper tier of the property where ample parking is available. You'll then take a short journey to the beach along a meandering hill-side path, while your luggage and other vacation supplies are shuttled to the beachfront home aboard an old-fashioned trolley car. At the bottom of the staired path, you'll be only a few short steps across a cobblestone path from your vacation home.
The home is located on the lower tier of the property, at the water's edge, where the sandy beach lies just beyond the protective bulkhead - less than ten feet from the front of the home! Tidal variations are rather extreme in the Puget Sound, fluctuating by as much as 20 feet vertically from the highest of highs, to the lowest of lows. When the tide is up, you'll feel as though you're floating in a houseboat. When the tide is out, you'll enjoy one of the finest sandy shores on the Sound. Grab a shovel and dig for clams, or use the dinghy to toss out a crab pot and catch your evening meal. A mooring buoy is located just off-shore for those wishing to bring along a pleasure boat.
With approximately 1,400 square feet of total living space, the home may not be large, but it has a very efficient design. The first floor is open and includes the kitchen, dining, and living space, plus a half-bath with a nook for the washer/dryer. The upper floor has two large bedrooms with king beds, a kids room with twin bed, and a full bath with double sinks. A cozy bungalow room is detached from the main home and can accomodate an additional overnight guest on a queen sleeper sofa, or just provide a place for the kids to get away.
While you may prefer to detach from the real world during your stay, there is no need to feel disconnected. The home has a wireless, high-speed Comcast connection, Smart TV, and free nationwide long distance service.
There is a Hot Tub as well, but you'll have to venture back up to an intermediate tier of the property to warm your bones. The short hike is worth it though, as you'll have a stunning view by day, or be blanketed by the moon and stars at night.
Of course, no evening at the beach is complete without the warmth and crackle of an open fire. So uncork your favorite bottle of wine, or grab a few cold ones, and close out the evening in style with family and friends gathered around the large stone fire pit.
Whether you're seeking a 'Home-Away' for visiting family & friends, searching for a romantic get-a-way location, or just wanting a place to relax & unwind, there is no better location! The Johnson Point Beach Retreat is also the perfect family destination for the entire family, where the kids can swim, play, and hunt for crabs and clams, while the older generation can stroll the shores, go for a paddle, or simply relax and create new memories that will last a lifetime.
Anchored approximately 100 feet offshore is a large Swim Float. The waters of the Puget Sound are a bit frigid though, so bring a wet-suit if you have one. If not, we have a variety of sizes (especially for kids), and life-jackets, that can be supplied with advance notice. Just be prepared to supervise your children adequately as the chilly waters and strong tides and currents must be respected!
If you are a fisherman (or your kids are), drop a line off the raft and see what you can catch. There is a variety to be caught, including bullheads, flounder, dogfish, and even the occasional scavenging shark! If your timing is right (typically August and September), you may even get lucky and haul in a King, Steelhead or Silver salmon. If you need some gear, stop by the Cabela's store, just 10 minutes away, for all your fishing needs!
Zittel's Marina, with a protected boat-launch, and hourly/daily power-boat rentals is less than a mile down the road. The quaint seaside neighborhood of Boston Harbor is also nearby, with a launch, hourly and daily kayak rentals, and a large patio with tables and chairs for relaxing.
If you have any water toys, bring them along! If not, we have a small 8' Livingston Dinghy, as well as an assortment of Adult, Junior, and Kid kayaks available for modest fee's as listed below.
The nearby Zittel's Marina is within easy reach by kayak, even for the kids, and the venture is rewarded by a candy or ice cream from the small Bait & Tackle store.
All in all, this is one amazing rental property! Please consider the 'Johnson Point Beach Retreat' for your next Home-Away or Vacation Rental need!
Dinghy and Kayak Rental Prices: (see photos #22 for kayak sizes) Listed prices are for the duration of your visit.
8' Livingston Dinghy: $30
Adult kayak: $40 for 1 Adult kayak
(sit-in style, very stable) $35 each for 2 Adult kayaks
$30 each for 3 Adult kayaks
$25 each for 4 Adult kayaks
Junior (sit-in style) kayak: $25 each (2available)
* for ages 5-10
Kid (sit-on-top) kayak: $15 each (2 available)
* for ages 3-6
(1) Please be advised that this home is best suited for Guests in reasonable physical condition. The home is located at beach level; however, parking is located on an upper tier of the property. A well-kept, meandering hillside path and stairway with railing (roughly equivalent to 3 or 4 flights of stairs) provides Guests with access to the home. An easy to operate, old-fashioned ''supply trolley'' transports luggage, groceries, and other supplies up and down the hill. Our family members walk the path routinely, but the home would not be suitable for those who are severely out of shape, have a physical disability, or those who deplore a bit of physical exercise. A short video of the path is available for viewing under the LINKS & VIDEO Tab above.
(2) This home is situated in a quiet, peaceful neighborhood with many retired residents. It is best suited for families or couples looking for a peaceful, relaxing get-a-way. It is not suitable for large, loud parties such as wedding receptions, bachelor parties, etc.
(3) No pets, and no smoking allowed!
(4) Minimum age limit is 25
(5) Occupancy is limited to 4 adults and 2 children.
(6) A 7.9% tax rate, $100 Cleaning Fee, and $49 Damage Deposit applies to all rentals.
(7) A 50% Booking Deposit secures your Reservation. Full payment is due 30 days prior to the Rental Period.
(8) Cancellations prior to 30 days will receive a 50% refund.
Cancellations with less than 30 days notice will not receive the 50% refund unless the home becomes rented for the planned Rental Period.
(9) Rates are independent of the availability of the Hot Tub, Swim Float, and Hillside Trolley. Hot Tub and Float are not typically available in the Off-Season.
(10) Prior to booking, please consider that this is a hillside, waterfront property that is not appropriate for individuals of unsure balance, or of unstable footing. Likewise, children must be properly supervised at all times to avoid any potential for injury. Numerous areas of the property could be considered hazardous, including but not limited to: the trolley car and landings, the meandering hillside path, the hot tub and deck, and the waterfront bulkhead. With this in mind, the property is perfectly suitable for individuals of average athleticism, and for children recieving proper parental supervision - just keep the horsing around for on the beach. For these reasons, Guests must sign a Hold Harmless Agreement at the time of booking. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the suitability of the property for your party, please call us so we can discuss this in person.
11. Peak Season rentals that span a weekend must be for a 7 day rental period, or longer. 3 day stay minimum for Peak Season midweek rentals. More flexibility is allowed for Off-Season visits.
For more info contact: Tracey 253-691-2021 or 253-445-5787
Tracey and Jeff Wittenfeld
Johnson Point Beach Retreat Owners
We chose this home after 6 years of shopping for Northwest waterfront. It is extremely rare to find such a private and peaceful setting on a sandy beach with views of both Mt Rainier and the Olympic Mountains, yet so close to the modern world - with shopping, restaurants, and city life only 15 minutes away. The charming trolley is a nice way to transport supplies to the home and the boat house / ramp are highly coveted toys on the sound for any boater. The community is truly lovely with a most enjoyable walk around the 'loop' to get exercise while passing by resident cows, goats, horses and an occasional red tail fox. The combination of natural treasures is very rare.
Views, views, and more views! Wake up and watch the seals feeding. Socialize, play, or just relax all day. Unwind in the hillside hot tub, or around the warmth and crackle of the fire. It doesn't get any better than this!
Holiday charm: Visiting during the holidays? You will delight in the charm and warm décor during the holiday season.
Located on one of the most pristine beaches of Puget Sound, on the charming and quaint tip of Johnson Point. Enjoy the peace and solitude of having a nearly private beach all to yourself for beach-combing, sealife watching and water sport recreation. At high tide the home feels like a house boat, given that it is on a concrete bulk head. At low tide, gain acres of sandy beach for exploration.
Just down the beach is Zittle's Marina, a charming marina with a convenience store, moorage and boat ramp. You'll be entertained watching boat activity galore, as all boats traveling between Tacoma and Olympia pass through Dana Passage in front of our home.
Toss your line in the water and try to catch dinner for the BBQ. Or, dig down to some clams or toss out a crab pot for famous Puget Sound Dungenous, just down the beach.
Enjoy wild life? Check out sea lions, otters and seals as they bask on Zittle's pilings, swim past our home or sun themselves on our float. Our point is home to a resident herring, Harold, our numerous hummingbirds and graceful eagles, in addition to countless others.
Like to walk? Take a picturesque stroll around our loop for great excercise while enjoying pastoral setting with cows, horses and goats. And, odds are you'll spot deer, red fox and raccoons.
Want to experience city life and the state capitol? We are about 10 minutes away from downtown shopping, restaurants, nightlife and sight seeing. Take a stroll down Percival landing on the water front to visit marinas, restaurants and quaint shops.
Planning a visit to the big city of Seattle? We are within driving distance to the most populated city in Washington. Check out the Space Needle, famed Pike Place Market, Seattle Mariners or Seahawks. Water travel via ferry or excursion boat are a fantastic way to get a real feel for this great lifestyle that is truly Northwest treasure.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Peak: Summer / Fall / Holiday
May 1 2014 - Oct 31 2014
3 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rates are based on 5 guests; add $25 per night, per additional guest|
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rates are based on 5 guests; add $25 per night, per additional guest|
|Cleaning||$100.00 + Tax|
|Property Damage Protection||$49.00|
|Notes||See Kayak Rental Fees, and other applicable Notes under the "Property Description" Tab.|
Learn more about this vacation rental at the owner's website: