Cooke City Cabin Rental Photos and Description
Cabin, 2 Bedrooms + Loft, 1 Bath, (Sleeps 8)
[Please click on 'View Calendar' button to check on availability]
Welcome to East Rosebud Lake, one of the most unique and picturesque settings in the Rocky Mountains. Nestled in a classic glacially carved valley at an elevation of 6206 feet, East Rosebud Lake is rimmed with sixty cabins forming the historic private town of Alpine, Montana. This 108-acre lakeshore community, managed by the East Rosebud Lake Association, is surrounded by forest service land. Awesome peaks of the Beartooth Range, rise from the lake to elevations over 10,000 feet and Granite Peak, the highest point in Montana, is just beyond the horizon. Three separate forest service trails originating near the lake lead to Red Lodge, Cooke City and Mystic Lake. East Rosebud Lake is located approximately 45 miles south of Columbus Montana, and 35 miles west of Red Lodge, Montana. The final 14 miles to the lake from Roscoe, Montana, consists of both paved and well maintained yet rugged unpaved roadway sections. The nearest airport in Billings is approximately 2 hours by car.
This lakefront log cabin at #48 Alpine Road, built in 1997, is a perfect abode for relaxation and staging adventures from mild to wild. The main living areas and covered wrap-around deck offer stunning lake and mountain views. The cabin has oak flooring with two bedrooms, a spacious loft and one bathroom with a large claw foot tub/shower. The downstairs bedrooms each have hand carved log frame queen beds and the loft has one queen bed and two twin beds.
East Rosebud Lake Association is under the direct supervision of a resident manager. A limited stock of groceries is available for purchase at the Association store during the summer months (Memorial Day to Labor Day), however it is recommended that you purchase your groceries in Billings, Absarokee or Red Lodge before arriving at the lake.
Rental of this cabin is contingent on awareness of and adherence to the following East Rosebud Lake Association (ERLA) rules:
1. Make sure to arrive at the lake during daylight hours and stop by managers cabin to announce your arrival. If arrival is at off hours proceed directly to the cabin and visit the manager the next day.
2. No large motor homes or trailers are allowed to be parked on ERLA property. Motor homes can be parked in areas just outside of ERLA property.
3. Use of fireworks and firearms are not permitted.
4. No hunting or trapping is allowed.
5. No horses are allowed.
6. No outside fires allowed.
7. No jet skis allowed on East Rosebud Lake.
8. Boat launching from trailers is allowed only at footbridge near outlet of the lake.
9. No garbage storage allowed outside of cabins. Bagged garbage must be hauled from cabin directly to metal bear proof bins located in front of the manager’s cabin.
10. Close chain gates across roadways each time they are used, maintain a slow driving speed on Association roads and no off road driving allowed on Association property.
Keywords: East Rosebud Lake, Log Cabin
- non smoking only
- pets considered
About John Bridenbaugh
Environmental Engineer in Denver, CO.
I enjoy the pursuit of challenging outdoor activities in my spare time, and figuring out ways to have more and more spare time.
John Bridenbaugh purchased this cabin in 1996
Why John Bridenbaugh chose Cooke City
Our family has owned property at East Rosebud Lake for three generations. The cabin is our gathering place anchor for the present and future.
What makes this cabin unique
Hanging out in with friends in Montana at East Rosebud Lake is a privledge.