Historic Center Apartment Rental Photos and Description
Self-catering apartments in Dome Square in the Florence’ historical centre
Flora and Florian apartments are situated in Piazza del Duomo in the heart of Florence’s historical centre, on the 4th level of a prestigious XVI century palace that once belonged to the Ghiberti family, one of Florence most important historical families, with easy steps well worth the journey. Assistance is provided to help with luggage upon arrival
Spending time in my apartments is to be accompanied by the shadow of the magnificent dome of Brunelleschi, the grandeur of Giotto’s bell tower and the splendour of Vasari’s fresco's, in an unforgettable dream that Florence will dream with you and bring you great joy and an even greater desire to return.
Both the apartments directly face the Duomo, giving you the sensation that you could reach out and touch its magnificent green and white marble façade.The apartments have been completely restored in Florentine style, but with all modern comforts. From October 25 2009, Piazza del Duomo is a pedestrian area.
Florence's city center: All the Florence city centre is situated in a 'ZTL area' which means an area with limited traffic access (only residents). Only at certain hours of the day (from 19.30pm to 7.30am) cars are allowed into this area of the city.
How to reach us: Coming by Air
- Airport Amerigo Vespucci of Florence - 5 km far from the city centre. You can reach our flats by taxi or by bus. The bus will take you to the main railway station (S.M.Novella), from where you can walk ( 1500 meters ) or get another bus.
- Airport Galileo Galilei of Pisa - 90 km from Florence. Take the train leaving directly from the airport to S.M.Novella of Florence.
Coming by train
- By Taxi: you can find a taxi stand back to the Duomo..
- On foot: Flora&Florian are situated about 10 minute walk from S.M.Novella railway station. From the station walk in the direction of Piazza del Duomo, along via Cerretani. walk around the left of the Cathedral and you will find our apartments at the number 6.
Details for Florian 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 3, 1 Bathroom
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- unsuitable for elderly or infirm
Guestbook comments from the owner
This beautiful apartment is just as wonderful as it is described to be! My aunt and I stayed here for our first week of three in Italy and it was a perfect introduction to Florence! Directly across from/next to the Duomo, the view was fantastic, as was the very central location. Luca was friendly and VERY helpful both before and during our stay. He has an entire binder of very useful information (telephone numbers, tips, suggestions, etc.) prepared and housed in the apartment. The view is amazing! We wouldn't hesitate to stay here again! Grazie mille, Luca!