In the heart of the historic Loire Valley listed as ' world heritage' ,with all its royal castles : Amboise, Chaumont, Chenonceau ,Chambord, Blois.... part of a 16-17th century castle, (comfort 21st...), between the river Loire and the river Cher for 4/5 persons
Choosen by our Kings during the Middle Age or the Renaissance, the region Touraine is the second one in France for the number of monuments and buildings listed...about 1000...castles, manors, village churches, mills, old houses, open to the public or often visible from the roads
A few kilometers from the world most famous royal castles
In the middle of a unique French garden of topiary and roses and a 4 hectare park that you can use, you will enjoy staying in the house adjacent to the main castle. The castle protected by moats, has a very long history and was the hunting lodge for Kings Louis the XIth and Francois the 1st. It was known in the year 1000...but rebuilt in the XVIth/XVIIyh centuries
Your holidays in the Loire Valley may be cultural or sporty or both .... thanks to the proximity of :
- The royal castles of Chenonceau, Amboise, Chaumont sur Loire ,located 10 km away, Chambord, Blois, Beauregard, between 25 and 40 km away.
NEW: the castles of Chaumont and Chambord are actually refurbished with the famous french furniture of our 'Mobilier National'...to discover..
- For garden lovers, the region contains the largest number of 'jardins remarquables',( a special label given for the interest , the collections and the quality ): The magnificent garden's festival of Chaumont, and its exhibition of contemporary art, the Villandry gardens known all over the world, the wonderful 'English garden' of Sasnières, the Italian Valmer terraces with a special old vegetables garden, the tomatoes' conservatory ( about 500 species..) of Prince de Broglie in La Bourdaisière, , the rose garden of the Priory of Saint Cosme where Pierre de Ronsard, famous poet lived during the Renaissance.......and many others private gardens open to the public...
- You could rent a canoe and go down the river Loire : you will discover the serenity, the wild river, at your leisure, sport or casual, (you can even leave the current carry you, all day ..). Do not forget the picnic stop on the islands ... and a nap.
- You can also ride a bike on tracks specially designed on the banks of the Loire River
- The young Pandas on loan from China, in the beautiful zoo of Beauval also await your visit ...which will charmed the whole family
- You will be amazed by the Chateau du Clos Luce in Amboise, where the ingenious Leonardo da Vinci lived and died, and where his fabulous machines are exposed...The children love..
- You can visit the freshwater Aquarium de Touraine with many species.
- The 'mini-castles', the friendly museum of hunting in the castle of Montpoupon, the fortress of Montrichard, the banks of the Cher, and many other things are available ....
Early morning or late in the day, you will have ringside seat to admire the many hot air balloon flights to Chenonceau, and why not try a first flight ?
In this wine country where the vineyards are an integral part of the landscape, the winegrowers of Touraine will be happy to welcome you to their cellars, carved into the cliffs, sometimes several hundred meters, to taste( soberly...) some of their Sauvignon, Touraine- Amboise, Vouvray, Montlouis .......with delicious 'rillettes de Tours', 'rillons' or goat cheese ( Sainte Maure, Valençay, Selles su Cher...)
You can also go walking in the woods near the house or read in a very quiet environment under the ' japonese weeping pagoda tree ' planted in the nineteenth century.
PS : all the great castles are open every day, all around the year. Idem for the Zoopark of Beauval, the aquarium..
A week will spend to rapidly to enjoy the whole Loire Valley in Touraine called the ' jardin de la France'.