Mikros Gialos Villa Rental Photos and Description
2 bedrooms, 2 ensuite, air con, pool, extensive terraces & gardens
Spectacular Lefkada villa/Lefkas villa. Exceptional comfort & charm.
Finding the right words to accurately convey the (genuinely) breathtaking impact of this location is really difficult. When guests arrive, almost without exception, their initial comments are “Wow, the photos were good and did give us a reasonable idea of what to expect but they simply do not do this justice”. (This isn't exaggeration on our part).
A recent visitor wrote this regarding the views:
'The pictures do not do justice ... the views are mind blowing in their beauty.'
It’s only on arrival, when stepping out onto the terraces for the first time that you are hit (strongly) by an almost overwhelming sense of awe. It is quite simply ‘another world’ and yet this ‘other world’ is only a short drive to the absolutely breathtaking bay of Mikros Gialos.
And before we forget, another feature worth mentioning is that the drains in this property are very much up to the job - no more leaving toilet paper in waste bins....
Breathtaking location with exceptional far reaching sea views & extensive natural gardens (lavendar, Jasmine etc). Two bedrooms, two ensuite. Pool. Air conditioning. Dramatic, setting above beautiful Lefkada village of Poros. Within easy reach of Mikros Gialos bay. The villa has breathtaking uninterrupted sea views & mountain views with pool terrace overlooking the sea, Meganissi island, Skorpios island & mainland Greece. Extremely tranquil setting. Often, all you can hear are distant goat bells or the cries of eagles & hawks surfing thermal air currents over the Lefkada/ Meganisi channel seen from almost all areas of the house & terraces. Bedrooms & lounge leading to terraces with fabulous sea or mountain views. Extensive terraces & natural gardens. A privileged ‘retreat’ yet easy access to Poros village/Mikros Gialos beach & other beaches including Sivota, Vassiliki, Vlicho, Nidri. Kathisma & Porto Katsiki.
Background info to the villa:
[Please email for more info & photos]
On an island as spectacular and genuinely unspoilt as Lefkada, it’s not uncommon to find villas in beautiful settings with impressive views however this property elevates that category to an altogether new level. It's the superb ‘hilltop retreat’ setting, the uncomplicated yet superbly effective design and the literally stunning views which combine to make this a very special property.
Each generously proportioned room has been designed to maximise space and light with windows/ doors which enable guests to take full advantage of the surrounding views. Strong colours have been used throughout and the comfortable, modern furniture is of natural materials. Even the terrace furniture is high quality and comfortable.
NOTE: Although not pictured, there is now a large American style fridge freezer installed in kitchen.
Having holidayed in the villa ourselves, the words we’d use most are “charming” and 'comfortable'. It’s a really well designed and exquisitely comfortable house finished to a high standard and set in the most beautiful and tranquil location. Throughout our stay we never once lost the feeling of being somewhere very special. It really did feel as if we were in a beautiful, comfortable, tranquil world of our own.
Most guests are literally stunned on arrival by the location and incomparable views across the sea channel and to the mountains of mainland Greece beyond. Views in both directions, east and west, provide dramatic sunrise and sunset viewings. In addition to the breathtaking sea views you can enjoy a stroll through the rear garden to watch the sunset below Poros village.
The villa has extensive grounds. Delightful herb gardens (lit at night) as well as fig, olive and plum tree groves are bordered by natural stone walls and paths. There is a spacious pool terrace for sunbathing complemented by large areas of shaded terrace.
• Exceptionally comfortable, genuinely charming villa.
• A magical 'hilltop retreat' yet easy access to village and beaches.
• Sleeps four in two bedrooms. Both ensuite and both with dual aspect window/door maximising the impact of the glorious surroundings. Although it accommodates four people in great comfort, this villa is often chosen by couples looking for a truly romantic property and location.
• Jaw dropping panoramic views eastward to the sea, Meganissi island and the mainland beyond and views westward back to the dramatic interior mountain ranges.
• Spectacular sunrise and sunset viewings.
• Guests comment regularly on the strong sense of 'escapism' and ‘connection with nature’ which they feel in this location as a result of the dramatic, far reaching landscapes, the natural gardens (with local herbs) and the wildlife including eagles and hawks (gliding on thermals high above the sea below) as well as tortoises and goats. You may occasionally hear goat bells tinkling in the distance.
• Watching the myriad yachts below gliding silently through calm waters enhances that sense of relaxation and tranquillity.
• The best of both worlds by way of privileged “hilltop retreat” yet easy access to Poros village below and the beaches beyond.
• Large, level plot with extensive natural gardens to both sides of villa
• Well proportioned, well thought out spaces
• Direct access from both bedrooms and lounge to terraces and garden
• Air conditioning in lounge and bedrooms. Insect screens on windows and most doors.
• Complimentary food hamper on arrival
• mid week maid service included with all rentals (house cleaning and fresh linen )
[Please email for more info & photos]
- children welcome
Guestbook comments from the manager
A simply fabulous location and wonderful house. There was nothing we didn't like (honestly). Being there was SUCH a break for the real world. Loved the views , the gardens and the pool / terrace. THANK YOU.