Santa Barbara Cottage Rental Photos and Description
Cottage, 1 Bedroom, 1 Bath, (Sleeps 2)
A charming large one-room cottage on a lovely property with award winning gardens (featured in Sunset Magazine and in Deck, Patio & Pool). The cottage is completely private, with no other homes adjacent. There is a private shaded furnished patio/terrace and another private patio on the side which is sunny.
The cottage has a queen bed, a fireplace, a full kitchen and bath. There is a lush and productive organic vegetable garden for your use.
This lovely property is located near the wonderful open space provided by the extensive grounds of St. Anthony's Seminary and the Old Mission. The Upper East Side is Santa Barbara's loveliest neighborhood yet is within walking distance to downtown Santa Barabara's diverse and cosmopolitan shops and restaurants.
Some comments from recent guests:
* 'Thank you again for sharing your charming cottage. We loved the privacy, the gardens and the sun patio. All the conveniences of home but in a little garden of Eden.' Jim and Susan Elvert
* 'Thank you again for such a lovely place. Clarence and I really enjoyed it and will certainly want to come back in the future.' Janny 01/27/09
* 'I just want to thank you for the beautiful stay this past weekend. Your cottage was everything as described and more. We would love to come back again. Thank you.'
* 'Nicole and I are waaay late in thanking you for providing such a wonderful, romantic, perfectly located cottage for our trip to Santa Barbara! Hope you get lots of folks to stay, and we'll definitely recommend this to friends (and strangers) who plan to stay in SB. Post our comment on VRBO if you want. Your little cottage deserves it!' Brooks 07/14/08
See other comments from guests.
Parliamo anche italiano.
- non smoking only
- wheelchair accessible
- pets not allowed
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- not suitable for children
Guestbook comments from the owner
I hope you are well. I just wanted to let you know how much we thoroughly enjoyed our stay in your cottage. Even with all the activites - visiting friends and family and the triathlon event - I would say the highlight of our time there was getting to stay in such a cozy, clean, quiet, perfect place. The bed was so comfortable, I slept so good each night. And waking up to the sounds of the birds outside the window was a true delight. And I loved how well-appointed the cottage was, everything of high-quality. One very special touch was the water purifier....it felt so good to not be adding to the mountains of plastic and to be drinking such pure water.
Anyway, if I had to sum up your place, I would say it is in the absolute prefect location and it is – and this is coming from a Santa Barbara native – quintessential Santa Barbara. I hope its available next time we are in town.
My husband is retired from a lifetime in public service. I work in the nonprofit sector and have for most of my life.
As you enter the back yard you will see a 100 year old Live Oak tree that is magnificent and certainly was a big reason we bought this property. We are walkers and our neighborhood is the best walking area in town, filled with mansions, beautiful gardens (public and private), lovely churches.