Located in seaside village of Bowser, 15 minutes north of Qualicum Beach.
Summer availability: Perfect getaway location for a couple or an extended family.
Fall Getaways: Fall is often beautiful in the Oceanside area. Book a golfing retreat or a spa getaway. Enjoy local hiking, bicycling or just relax on the verandah.
Winter Stays: Escape the cold and snow. Come and golf at some of the excellent local courses within a few minutes' dirve of the house. Winters are generally mild.
Luxurious, modern, spacious (over 1900 square feet) three-bedroom, two-bathroom home beside the ocean. It's just 20 seconds from our verandah to a private beach, with wonderful views of the Georgia Strait and the Gulf Islands from almost every room.
The master bedroom has a queen bed, ocean views, a private balcony, and full ensuite bathroom with a soaker tub and a separate shower. The second ocean view bedroom downstairs has a king bed that can separate into two super twins. The third bedroom has a double and a twin bed. All beds have quality linens.
The house is equipped with all the comforts of home including: gourmet kitchen, air-conditioning, high-speed and wireless internet, air-tight wood fireplace, 42-inch TV with surround sound, Cable/DVD player/VCR/stereo, washer/dryer, and telephone (free local calls). There is a family room with a card table, books, games and puzzles, office space and exercise equipment.
Relax on the wide front verandah and enjoy the fenced garden with glorious views of the beach, a barbeque and a huge log picnic table for alfresco meals. Stroll along the beach and watch the wildlife, including seals, sea lions, whales, otters, and eagles, or harvest oysters and clams from our beach for dinner.
Bowser Beach House is a great base for a family vacation. The house is on a large bay facing Hornby and Denman Islands and you can walk and walk in either direction. It is a large, private, peaceful beach, only for the few houses on the bay. We are a quick and easy drive to more beaches: Qualicum Beach is 15 minutes and Parksville is 20 minutes away, and there are beautiful provincial parks with lakes, beaches and picnic areas within a few minutes drive of the house. Horne Lake Provincial Park, with its amazing caves and outdoor recreation activities is only a 10 minute drive away. There are ocean kayaks for rent in Deep Bay, 5 minutes' drive from the house.
The friendly village of Bowser is a 5 minute walk up the hill, and it has a fully stocked small supermarket with a wonderful on-site bakery, a grocery store, post office, coffee shop, gas station, hardware store, liquor store, a video/DVD rental, and even a library for that vacation reading. More shopping, country markets, organic eggs and meats, restaurants and pubs are just down the road.
Bowser Beach House is a wonderful base for a golfing vacation. There are several top class courses within a few minutes' drive of the house.
From December to March, Bowser Beach House is a perfect base for a family ski vacation at Mount Washington ski resort, with skiing, snowboarding and cross-country. Skiers have an easy 35 minute drive to the mountain top, and non-skiers have a relaxing base close to lots of other activities.
* Bowser is within easy driving distance of five superb golf courses.
* Only 20 minutes to the world class spa at Tigh-na-mara.
* Take a day trip to Denman and Hornby Islands, just a few minutes away by ferry.
* Only 15 - 20 minutes to the beaches at Qualicum Beach and Parksville.
* The famous Fanny Bay oysters, Island scallops, and more fresh, locally-caught seafood are a few minutes away.
* The ancient trees of Cathedral Grove, the goats on the roof at Coombs, and the beautiful waterfalls at Englishman River and Little Qualicum Falls are a short drive away.
* You will be perfectly situated for day trips to the rugged West coast of the island for whale watching.
* Enjoy local ocean kayaking or local wildlife ocean tours.
Keywords: House, vacation home, cottage, waterfront, ocean, view
- harvest clams and and oysters on our private beach - variety of salt and freshwater fishing within minutes of the house -
Bowser Beach House is only:
- 5 minutes from ocean kayaking tours in Deep Bay
15 minutes from Kingfisher Resort and Spa
- 20 minutes from the Tigh-na-mara Spa
- 20 minutes from world class cave spelunking and outdoor adventure activities at Horne Lake Provincial Park
- 40 minutes from skiing, snowboarding, and cross-country skiing at Mount Washington
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency () unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.