City of London Apartment Rental Photos and Description
A fantastic, contemporary apartment accommodating up to 10 guests
Please CALL OR MESSAGE ME before booking to check availability. If your stay includes a Friday or Saturday night then the minimum stay will be 3 nights unless otherwise agreed.
This is an amazing apartment located in the vibrant heart of London's iconic East End recently decorated and with oak flooring throughout.
The Lounge is smart with a lovely large sofa-bed and a home cinema system with projector, PS3 and online library of 5,000 films - great for keeping the kids entertained or for a quiet night in after a hard day hitting the tourist trail.
The kitchen is fitted out with high-gloss units and built-in appliances include hob, oven, microwave, fridge/freezer, washer/dryer and dishwasher.
The master bedroom has an en-suite shower room with a shower and sink - very handy for the morning rush. There is a double-bed, double-wardrobe, chest of drawers and overhead cupboards.
There are two further double bedrooms, each with double bed, double wardrobe and chest of drawers.
There is a family bathroom and also a separate toilet.
All the facilities of Bethnal Green Road (BGR): - 5 minute walk to Tesco Metro (medium sized grocery store) on Bethnal Green Road
- 10 minute walk to a large Sainsburys (large grocery store) on Cambridge Heath Road
- HSBC bank with 24-hour ATM just across the road with several other banks on BGR
- Several fast food restaurants on BGR including Subway, KFC, McDonalds, Cafe Blue
- Great Indian restaurant Ma'ida and numerous cheap and cheerful ones
- A traditional pub - The Star of Bethnal Green, Greggs Bakers - lovely pastries and cakes
- Rich Mix, a classy little cinema
Transport links: There are extensive transport links to the traditional and non-traditional attractions of the City with Bethnal Green tube station only a minute away and a wealth of bus routes on Bethnal Green Road:
- Liverpool St Station and the financial district of the City are only one tube stop away
- Brick Lane with it's trendy bars, galleries, vintage couture and London's favourite Indian/Bangladeshi restaurants is only a 5 minute bus ride
- The vibrant nightlife of Shoreditch is 5 minutes by bus
- Leicester Square and the Theatres of London's West End are only 20 minutes away
- The world famous stores of Oxford Street are 21minutes away
- London's iconic Tower Bridge is 30 mins away and it's only 23 mins to The Tower of London
- Trafalgar Square and Buckingham Palace are only 30 minutes away
- The British Museum is 25 minutes away, The Museum of Natural History and Science Museum are only 40 minutes away
- Petticoat Lane street market (Sundays) is 5 minutes by bus
Reality check: The flat is located on the 4th floor (or 5th storey as it's known in the rest of the world) and there is no lift - not a problem for previous guests but you should take into consideration.
The flat is located in a local authority block. The flat itself is lovely but the block is not as smart.
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- unsuitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair inaccessible
About Mr Raquib Shamsad
I am a lifelong Londoner and a huge fan of this vibrant and exciting city.
With a background in IT and property development I love taking character properties and renovating them to create interesting, contemporary apartments packed with interesting lighting effects and cutting edge home cinema systems.
I love meeting people from all over the world and introducing them to my wonderful city.
I hope you will find my apartments both comfortable and stimulating. You will find a warm welcome and a ready smile.
Mr Raquib Shamsad purchased this apartment in 2005
Why Mr Raquib Shamsad chose City of London
100m from the Tube, lots of bus routes to all parts of London, Brick Lane and Shoreditch within 1 Km. This is a vibrant and exciting place.
What makes this apartment unique
Fantastic Home Cinema and great games on giant screen.
Beautifully decorated and has a really nice feel.