Alderton Chateau / Country House Rental Photos and Description
A stunning Rectory on the Suffolk coast
The house is a fine C18th Rectory on the approaches to the small, quiet village of Alderton, which lies off the beaten track, on the Deben Peninsula, in Suffolk.
The house is located just a mile from the Suffolk coast and sits in 18 acres of private grounds comprising beautiful gardens, paddocks and woodland for your enjoyment. There is also a hard tennis court available for your private use.
As you enter the house there is a magnificent sense of stepping back in time; the grand piano, a cosy library, the original stone floors and mementos from generations past conjure an atmosphere reminiscent of times gone by.
Interior and Grounds:
- The living room has shuttered windows with views across the garden towards the coast, period furniture (including 2 sofas) and a grand piano. There is also an open fire (fire wood provided free of charge).
- The tv room is a smaller living room with open fire, sofa and chairs, TV with video, DVD and freeview.
- The library has a fantastic collection of books and is great spot for a relaxing read in front of the fire or a pre-dinner aperitif. It is situated on the corner of the house and so has views to the south and to the east. There is a desk, sofa and chairs, a stereo and another open fire.
- The dining room comfortably seats up to 14 (or 16 at a push) and has another open fireplace.
- The kitchen comes fully equipped with an electric range and gas cooker, dishwasher, fridge-freezer and kitchen table. A secondary connecting kitchen comes with electric cooker and utility area with washing machine.
- From the hallway the stairs lead up to the first floor where all the bedrooms are.
- Bedroom 1: single bedroom with wash hand basin.
- Bedroom 2: twin room with wash hand basin.
- Bedroom 3: large double bedroom with en-suite shower room.
- Bedroom 4: large twin bedroom with en-suite bathroom.
- Bedroom 5: master double bedroom with en-suite bathroom.
- Bedroom 6: single bedroom.
- Bedroom 7: bunk bedroom with wash hand basin.
- Family bathroom: with bath, wash hand basin and WC.
- Study: with sofa and chairs & TV with video.
- The drive leads up to the front of the house where there is plenty of parking.
- The house sits within 18 acres of private grounds that is surrounded by farmland.
- Guests are free to enjoy seasonal fruit and vegetables from the walled vegetable garden to the side of the house.
- 3 adult & 2 children's bicycles are available free of charge.
- Private hard tennis court (equipment provided).
- Badminton and croquet set.
PLEASE NOTE THAT FULL PROPERTY DESCRIPTIONS, PHOTOGRAPHS, AVAILABILITY & PRICES ARE KEPT UP TO DATE ON MY WEBSITE WHICH YOU CAN VISIT BY CLICKING ON MY PERSONAL WEBSITE LINK BELOW.
- children welcome
- pets considered
About Oliver's Travels UK
Simply Chateau was set up in 2003 after two old school chums enjoyed a fantastic holiday with friends in a French chateau in the Dordogne. Oliver & Ravi, the two directors of the company, were amazed at what terrific value these stunning chateau rentals represented and decided to spread the word. Soon after the website www.simplychateau.com was born.
Today we deliver a wide range of luxury villas, private chateau and charming farmhouses throughout France, Italy, Spain, the UK and the Caribbean. We have something for everyone from charming manor houses representing great value for money to fully catered & serviced luxury chateau, all handpicked and chosen with care. Bookings are made direct with the owner of your chosen property to guarantee you get the best booking price available.
Why Oliver's Travels UK chose Alderton
At Simply Chateau we only work with the very best rental properties on the market. All of our properties have been handpicked and we take our customer feedback extremely seriously. We operate a ???three strikes and you’re out’ policy - that is to say if we have 3 negative reviews relating to any of our properties we cease to advertise it.
We have properties to suit every taste and budget, all chosen with care by our expert team for their unique character, fantastic features and stunning countryside locations.
What makes this chateau / country house unique
Free Concierge Service:
As luxury rental specialists we have all the experience in the world helping each and every one of our customers find the most suitable property for their dream holiday. All you need to do is provide us with the details of what you imagine your dream holiday to be, and we'll find the perfect property for you. We can make sure that every arrangement is planned to perfection and each element of your holiday has been refined. Transfers, catering, maid service, tours and activities can all be prearranged to your specific requirements.
100% Financial Guarantee:
We realize that financial protection is an important consideration when choosing a holiday company so to ensure you have complete peace of mind we are bonded members of ABTA.
Lowest Price Guarantee:
Simply Chateau �����simply’ processes the bookings and credit card payments on the property owner??s behalf. The owners themselves set the rates so you know you are getting the best available rental rate when you book.
Avoid Internet Scams:
Each and every property listed on our website has been checked to make sure that it actually exists. This ensures that you do not become a victim of an internet scam as can happen through an ordinary listing website.